Conquer Club

Mafiascum

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mafiascum

Postby ga7 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:34 pm

Random MS Poster wrote:Also, more mods need to institute faster deadlines. I am a big fan of two- or three-week days, maximum. It makes people make decisions and play more quickly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you play on MS, you can feel yourself ageing. :P
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Hologram on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:48 pm

ga7 wrote:
Random MS Poster wrote:Also, more mods need to institute faster deadlines. I am a big fan of two- or three-week days, maximum. It makes people make decisions and play more quickly.

Indeed. The problem with the quick deadlines is that I'm not a huge fan of "No lynches" unless the players actually vote a "No lynch". Of course, in the game that I modded (and the games that I may or may not mod in the future) I remedy the "No lynch" problem with just forcing a lynch of whoever has the most votes at the end of the day, whether or not they have a majority vote.

But yeah, 3*(# of players) is stupid, especially when you have 50+ players.
The inflation rate in Zimbabwe just hit 4 million percent. Some people say it is only 165,000, but they are just being stupid. -Scott Adams, artist and writer of Dilbert
Cook Hologram

Postby pmchugh on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 pm

icedagger wrote:Ani I've gotta say you got slaughtered in that thread :D

What chance did we have, it was ani and drake who backed down. I can't log in for some reason, they must have known I was coming. Someone said fircoal was a decent player :lol: there standards must be low.
Major pmchugh

Postby william18 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:28 pm

pmchugh wrote:

What chance did we have, it was ani and drake who backed down. I can't log in for some reason, they must have known I was coming. Someone said fircoal was a decent player :lol: there standards must be low.

Where is Fir anyway??
Sergeant william18

Postby sheepofdumb on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Idk, but I heard he likes mudkips.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby Hologram on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:05 pm

william18 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:

Where is Fir anyway??

Willingly avoiding mafia games and posting nonsense every once in a while in the main off-topic forum.
The inflation rate in Zimbabwe just hit 4 million percent. Some people say it is only 165,000, but they are just being stupid. -Scott Adams, artist and writer of Dilbert
Cook Hologram

Postby pancakemix on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 pm

Hologram wrote:
ga7 wrote:

Indeed. The problem with the quick deadlines is that I'm not a huge fan of "No lynches" unless the players actually vote a "No lynch". Of course, in the game that I modded (and the games that I may or may not mod in the future) I remedy the "No lynch" problem with just forcing a lynch of whoever has the most votes at the end of the day, whether or not they have a majority vote.

But yeah, 3*(# of players) is stupid, especially when you have 50+ players.

This can be unfair to the town. If the person with the most has 2 votes in a 20 player game and they end up being the cop, that's bad. I say make so if they have at least half the required votes, they are lynched at deadline. Son in the 20 player situation, you have 6 at sundown, you hang.

But yeah, MS is slower than... slow itself.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby nagerous on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:10 am

Hologram wrote:
william18 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:

Where is Fir anyway??

Willingly avoiding mafia games and posting nonsense every once in a while in the main off-topic forum.

Please don't spread misinformation.

Fircoal has quit the website.. a while ago now too.
Captain nagerous

Postby militant on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Way to go Ani >.>
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Postby nagerous on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:42 pm

militant wrote:Way to go Ani >.>

QFT
Captain nagerous

Postby Hologram on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:37 pm

nagerous wrote:
Hologram wrote:
william18 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:

Where is Fir anyway??

Well, he sent in his action on my most recent game then disappeared, except once when I noticed he posted in the Tower.
Cook Hologram

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:18 am

nagerous wrote:
Hologram wrote:
william18 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:

Where is Fir anyway??

First Nark, now Firc. I think that the end of the mighty CC Mafia crew is nearing. Anyone in the mood to listen some country-western music and remember the era that is ending? :(
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby ga7 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Heh true enough, I think we need an small invite game for us old vets *nudge nudge Mandy* ;)
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:10 am

ga7 wrote:Heh true enough, I think we need an small invite game for us old vets *nudge nudge Mandy* ;)

Right now I'm a bit busy in real life (I gotta translate 100 pages by New Year). After that I might mod another game, but it's unlikely to be a small one :oops: .
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby Fircoal on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:03 pm

pmchugh wrote:

>_>
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Its Bolt on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:40 pm

Hey dont be hatin on Mafiascum, its a good site. Games do take a while but I feel like I get more out of them then other places, mods just need to be strict with deadlines (I like 3 weeks if 10+ alive, 2 weeks otherwise. +2 days if replacement in final week of deadline)
Holy crap! Its Bolt the super dog!
Lieutenant Its Bolt

Postby pmchugh on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:46 pm

Its Bolt wrote:Hey dont be hatin on Mafiascum, its a good site. Games do take a while but I feel like I get more out of them then other places, mods just need to be strict with deadlines (I like 3 weeks if 10+ alive, 2 weeks otherwise. +2 days if replacement in final week of deadline)

weeks are too long, i think its best just to guage when things are going to slowly and then put on a 2 day deadline.
Major pmchugh

Postby Its Bolt on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:23 am

pmchugh wrote:
Its Bolt wrote:Hey dont be hatin on Mafiascum, its a good site. Games do take a while but I feel like I get more out of them then other places, mods just need to be strict with deadlines (I like 3 weeks if 10+ alive, 2 weeks otherwise. +2 days if replacement in final week of deadline)

weeks are too long, i think its best just to guage when things are going to slowly and then put on a 2 day deadline.

Two days is way to short, even a deadline in a week makes me uncomfortable if I am unhappy with the current VC. Fixed has the best record for me since its just there to make sure the day ends at a reasonable time, if players want to waste their time not posting (apart from a high chance of being forcibly replaced by me) they still get screwed over by a deadline.
Holy crap! Its Bolt the super dog!
Lieutenant Its Bolt

Postby ga7 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am

Heh, I'm of the old school that is barely manageable even here now that all players should post once a day or once every two day at min; which makes week-long days enough. There's always role-based solutions to avoid a string of no lynches if the players are lazy, hee hee hee...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby animorpherv1 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:06 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:
ga7 wrote:Heh true enough, I think we need an small invite game for us old vets *nudge nudge Mandy* ;)

Right now I'm a bit busy in real life (I gotta translate 100 pages by New Year). After that I might mod another game, but it's unlikely to be a small one :oops: .

After I finish Jobs, I'd willingly do it.
Cook animorpherv1

Postby Fircoal on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:37 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

no offense but you're not a vet. -_-
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby animorpherv1 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Fircoal wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

no offense but you're not a vet. -_-
\\\

I know that, I'd make the game, then invite the vets.
Cook animorpherv1

Postby spinwizard on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:31 pm

puts hand up
'in'

oh and btw, i played on mafiascum, hated it, they took the mick and wouldn't let me mod so i raged and quit :)
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby Yomiel on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:16 am

*shudders*

A bad, bad site.
New Recruit Yomiel

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:03 am

Super Necro Bump, awaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

But out of curiosity, I wandered over there for a bit. Apparently, cases are scummy now.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Discussions