I have been kicking around how to handle the connections to and from the wizards. I believe that having the connection from the wizard to the landing point monster be one way is a good idea. However figuring out how to get back to the wizard was bothering me. Then it hit me while playing a game of "New World", the landing point monster would be one way attack back towards the wizards shield and the shield would be one way attack to the wizard. The shield would be a 4 or 5 army auto reset each turn.
This still left me with the problem of possible stalemates. So I believe we need a large bonus objective that would make it hard to turtle up on your wizard. Here are some concept ideas for that. Please read the concepts below and feel free to comment.
====================================================================Concept 1: Wizard Bonuses
- Wizards autodeploy 3 armies per turn.
- You get +2 bonus per wizard you control.Concept 2: Monster Superiority
- If you control all landing point monsters you get +15 bonus armies per turn.Concept 3: Power Stone
Back when this map was first envisioned I wanted to have some sort of crystal or orb the wizards were in the dungeon to get control of. Maybe there could be a large crystal in the middle of the map. It could be 5 or more individual territories and give bonuses.
- Bonus of +2 per crystal territory.
- Bonus of +10 for holding all crystal territories (+20 total for holding whole crystal).
- Crystal is an island of territories.
- The outer territories of the crystal can be attacked (one way) from any wizard.
- Crystal territories loose 1 army per turn attrition Concept 4: Hybrid Concept
Some of all 3 of the above concepts would be adopted.
I put together a connection map for what the game currently has for connections. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3536/319 ... d3a0_o.png
Here is the connection map for the power crystal concept.http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3400/319 ... 73db_o.png
Last edited by dolomite13
on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.