Conquer Club

Double Turns and Freestyle Turn Holding

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

extension

Postby JonasKBlack on Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:10 pm

This would also remove the need for a time limit other than the 24 hr one that is already in place. No turn time limit.
Corporal 1st Class JonasKBlack

This does look like abuse

Postby Scarus on Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:46 pm

I've heard stories where doubles team partners playing in games with unlimited fortications do not complete their fortifications for almost 24 hours. They basically outwait their opponents. Then, acting in concert finish their fortifications and start their next turn. The are basically then getting four turns in a row. There definitely needs to be some kind of limit as too how long a turn can last. This would also help eliminate the long delays where players neglect to finish their turn and then make everyone else wait for over 20 hours to move onto the next round. I would suggest longer than fifteen minutes though. Perhaps 30 minutes, or even an hour. That would serve to eliminate the most serious abuses without impacting anyone else's game.

Scarus
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby JonasKBlack on Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:50 pm

The Sequential/Freestyle combo would fix that. The team could then still take as long as they want to fortify, but they would no longer be allowed to wait and see what the other team is going to do before ending their turn.
Corporal 1st Class JonasKBlack

Re: This does look like abuse

Postby wicked on Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:56 pm

Scarus wrote:I've heard stories where doubles team partners playing in games with unlimited fortications do not complete their fortifications for almost 24 hours. They basically outwait their opponents. Then, acting in concert finish their fortifications and start their next turn.
Scarus

YEP! I'm in a game like that now! :roll:
Major wicked

Postby Dragonslayer on Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:40 pm

Lackattack, I do think that a reasonable time limit to the turn once it has been initialized is the right answer.

It would also solve the problem of newbies who don't know that they're holding everyone up when they don't hit "end fortification."
Last edited by Dragonslayer on Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Private Dragonslayer

Postby Scarus on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:35 pm

JonasKBlack wrote:The Sequential/Freestyle combo would fix that. The team could then still take as long as they want to fortify, but they would no longer be allowed to wait and see what the other team is going to do before ending their turn.

Even in a sequential game there's no reason anyone should need more than an hour to coplete their turn, once it has started. Certainly, there is no possible honorable reason that anyone would need to take over 20 hours to finish their fortifications. What is the point of allowing all this time to complete a person's turn once it has begun. Perhaps the required programming is a problem, but this should be addressed if possible.

Oh Great Lack, we humbly request your attention to this problem.

Scarus
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Fortifications should be time limited

Postby meltinguras on Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:50 pm

Fortifications should be time limited because 1) people keep on changing their fortifications as they watch your move 2) people keep on forgetting to click end fortification.

someone proposed once upon a time that a turn should be limited to 15 minutes, this is obviously too short, but 15 minutes to do all fortifications should be more than enough
Lieutenant meltinguras

max time for fortifications

Postby ADAM TJ on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:03 pm

there is a major issue with people letting the game sit at the end fortification stage... i think it shouldt take more the 20 min to move a man into and out of every country on the map....just for those ppl that are unsure about themselves.....

but seriously, a time limit would be good, im in 2 games right now that are being held up by a moron who forgot to press and end their turn
Cadet ADAM TJ

Postby thegrimsleeper on Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:04 pm

Umm...

It's really nice that you have an opinion on this...

But seriously...

http://conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=330
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

cheating

Postby Pokerguru22 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:52 pm

Ok you should make this illegal. Some people allow double turns which is just fine and dandy but they also sit there for hours not fortifing thier troops so it looks like they are playing but then when you go they just fortify then get to go again right away i believe that should not be allowed i think that is a little exstreme of bending rules.
Cook Pokerguru22

Postby love monky 2 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:11 pm

ya i had the same problem but it was like this ok i was in a doubles game and the ppl just did not fortifiy there ppl till the could both go snd made it real frustratinjg i think there should be a time limit on fortifacations like an hour or half an hour
my Quote: never tell me the odds.
i see something that we cant see know what that is "pm" me to find out
name: nintan killim
Private love monky 2

Postby TowerClimber on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:57 pm

I totally agree. The only problem is that they then stop in the attack phase or maybe in deploy phase or after attacking once and then stopping there, that is too many places to cheat. My suggestion would be a click timer, maybe 20 minutes or so, between clicks. This way if a player gets booted off the Internet for some reason they should have enough time to sign back on and resume their play.

No matter what gets decided on this. This is an AWESOME site. Great work.
Corporal 1st Class TowerClimber

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:30 am

Maybe you can make that an option
Corporal max is gr8

Turn Time Limit

Postby RLeary06 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:21 pm

How about a 10 minute turn time limit in Doubles games. I've played too many games where the other team does not end there turn so as to have a double turn when my partner and I turn our backs.
Private 1st Class RLeary06

Postby thegrimsleeper on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Well, that's just common holding. Why should it be allowed in standard games and NOT doubles games?

For the record, setting a time limit for turns is something we've discussed before, and lack SHOULD be working on, especially now that we're paying him... :twisted:
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby apwessen on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:42 pm

thegrimsleeper wrote:Well, that's just common holding. Why should it be allowed in standard games and NOT doubles games?

Because they can coersively decide a time when to have a double turn. Such as person A and B wait until there is little time left in the round. A goes and then B. Now the round is over. A goes right away and then B. This gives their team a big advantage.
Sergeant 1st Class apwessen

Postby RLeary06 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:43 pm

It doesn't make sense to NOT allow double turns in a doubles game - but then the other team just manipulates it so they do take double turns. Double turns should go by teams in team games and individuals in individual games.

Double Turns Affecting Teams

Postby RLeary06 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:10 pm

Double turns should be for an entire team in team games and indivual in individual games. I'm sick of people holding their turn in team games so that they get a double turn.

double turns---eliminated

Postby Plowable_Earth on Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:46 pm

double turns should be eliminated cause too many people r holding their finishing of games till the last person has played or till there is no more time left and people haven`t gone cause they waiting for them to finish game
Sergeant 1st Class Plowable_Earth

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:08 pm

Its not a bad suggestion. Double turns sucks a lot!! :x
Major Marvaddin

Postby Risk_06 on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:22 pm

Well...if you don't like double turns, why not just stop playing games with them and just play regular, Freestyle games or Sequential?
Currently on vacation. Sorry.

Proud xiGAMES member!
http://xigames.net/forum
Click it! NOW!
Corporal 1st Class Risk_06

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:36 pm

I already do this. The problem is, the single utility of double turns style is to promove unfair playing, almost a point robbery. I also think many beginner play this type, and without conditions of predict the bad use of this resource. There is no justice in a double turns game with holders. The reason for free style is obvious: faster games, but I think double turns dont help it in nothing. So, to me double turns option is expendable.
Major Marvaddin

Time Limit on taking a turn

Postby fishfleas on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:30 am

This is rediculous... I'm getting tired of people holding their turn.... Marvaddin is the most recent one added to my list.... why dont' we implement a time frame you have when you start your turn till you end it. 1 hour would be good. that way if someone had something happen they have ample time to get back to it.

Marvaddin in my game right now has NOTHING he can do.... yet he hasn't ended his turn... and even stated that he might not end it. THis is wrong....
Private fishfleas

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:32 am

Maybe as an option as it is PERFECTLY ALLOWED i don't do it but it's allowed
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby kingwaffles on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:32 am

This has been suggested many times, and I believe it is being programmed in.
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions