Conquer Club

[Subscribe Here] ConquerClub Dispatch

Old issues and old threads regarding various newsletter things.

Moderator: Community Team

[Subscribe Here] ConquerClub Dispatch

Postby samuelc812 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Hey Guys,

This Thread is for Subscribing or making Suggestions for the ConquerClub Dispatch. If you wish to subscribe and have each issue sent to you via PM, than post here and i'll add you to the Subscription list.

Happy Conquering,

samuelc812

show: Subscribers
Last edited by samuelc812 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:25 am, edited 34 times in total.
Captain samuelc812

Re: CC News [Recruitment]

Postby timmytuttut88 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:58 pm

How often would there be issues? Once a week? Once a month?
Captain timmytuttut88

Postby samuelc812 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:59 pm

We have decided on a Fortnightly Newsletter, but this may change as the Newsletter Develops ;)
Captain samuelc812

Postby timmytuttut88 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:03 pm

samuelc812 wrote:We have decided on a Fortnightly Newsletter, but this may change as the Newsletter Develops ;)

Hmmm, that might be tough for someone as not active as me. It definitely sounds interesting, but if you're only going to have one "community opinion reporter" I might not be the man for the job considering how inactive I am.
Captain timmytuttut88

Postby Robinette on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:23 pm

=D> =D> i love the idea...

sorry to say that i have no time to contribute :cry:

But I will be a loyal reader :mrgreen:
Brigadier Robinette

Postby owenshooter on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:43 pm

samuelc812 wrote:
Title: Interesting Thread Reporter
Job Description/Requirements: A Forum Regular who has a general grasp on ALL of the main forums. This person would be required to Report any interesting discussions around the site that the larger CC community would find interesting, and give a brief overview. This includes but is not limited to Announcements, Debates, Heated Discussions, Competitions etc.

The overall aim of the Interesting Thread Reporter is to communicate intresting or important topics currently circulating CC.

ahhhh, like fruitcakes General Congrats roundup of old? whoever you choose to do this should go read his old weekly break down of the best threads, quotes, busts, etc, from the forums before they delve in. because they will obviously be compared to the master. fruitcake has set the standard... good luck! the black jesus has spoken!-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby samuelc812 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:56 pm

Bumped :)
Captain samuelc812

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:14 pm

samuelc812 wrote:Bumped :)

No need to do that. Stickified!

Are you going to be the Editor-in-Chief?
Major Night Strike

Postby Kotaro on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:17 pm

Also, what positions are open? All or just some? And would you need editing help, for grammar and spelling checks?
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby samuelc812 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:56 pm

Night Strike wrote:
samuelc812 wrote:Bumped :)

No need to do that. Stickified!

Are you going to be the Editor-in-Chief?

Thanks Night Strike :)

Yes i am the Editor in Chief ;)

Kotaro wrote:Also, what positions are open? All or just some? And would you need editing help, for grammar and spelling checks?

Yes all positions are open and all writers will be doing their own spelling checks ;)
Captain samuelc812

Postby john9blue on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am

Kotaro wrote:Also, what positions are open? All or just some? And would you need editing help, for grammar and spelling checks?

Yeah, that's a good point. I don't know if I have time to write an article every 2 weeks, but I can be an editor and read them over for spelling and grammar errors. :)
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby TheProwler on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:15 am

john9blue wrote:

Yeah, that's a good point. I don't know if I have time to write an article every 2 weeks, but I can be an editor and read them over for spelling and grammar errors. :)

I think you meant "grammatical errors".

Right about now they are "considering" your offer ;) .

Don't call them; they'll call you.

:lol:
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby john9blue on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:23 am

TheProwler wrote:I think you meant "grammatical errors".

I used a noun to modify another noun. It's called a noun adjunct.

Take your ignorance to Flame Wars, please. :roll:
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby TheProwler on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:54 am

john9blue wrote:
TheProwler wrote:I think you meant "grammatical errors".

I used a noun to modify another noun. It's called a noun adjunct.

Take your ignorance to Flame Wars, please. :roll:

Flame Wars? Have you ever been there? What does that have to do with this thread? Strange. :-s

Regardless, I really thought you meant to say "grammatical". It sounds so much better. I mean, you are offering your services as an editor, aren't you? Remember the term "Value Added". :P

Does your computer have a spell checker? Or should I say spelling checker?? Because it was real nice of you to offer that service. ;)

I think I'm going to go.

This place isn't nearly as friendly as I thought it would be.

[-X
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby Kotaro on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:00 am

TheProwler wrote:I think I'm going to go.

[-X

*Utters a quick prayer to God, thanking him*

I believe at least 1 editor would be nice, Sammy-boy. The reason for this is, A) Spell Checking does not solve everything, and B) Through experience, I've noticed that some writers use words that seem right, when they aren't to other people. It's not the difference between whether or not the word is right, it's what they think is proper usage. Take That last little tif between John and Prowler; Prowler think he's right, John think he's right, and technically, they both can be right, but which word usage is better and more fluent for a paper?

Just a suggestion.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby samuelc812 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:03 am

Thanks guys for you're helpful input :roll:

john9blue - gimil and i have thought a lot about this and we have already decided to let the reporters do their own checking of spelling and grammatical errors ;) Thankyou for your interest however ;)

And yes Kotaro, we do have 1 editor and that would be me :) The Editor-in chief :P
Captain samuelc812

Postby Kotaro on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:07 am

A FAILURE EDITOR!

Last question.

When I entered College, I knew very little about the actual Journalism process. As I went through my first semester, I learned a lot, not only about the process, but mostly about the different styles of writing with each report.

My question to you is, can there be Global writers, that simply write about whatever they want? Ie, oneday they write up something in opinion, the next day they follow an interesting thread, etc.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:09 am

Kotaro wrote:

[-X

*Utters a quick prayer to Owenshooter, thanking him*

I believe at least 1 editor would be nice, Sammy-boy. The reason for this is, A) Spell Checking does not solve everything, and B) Through experience, I've noticed that some writers use words that seem right, when they aren't to other people. It's not the difference between whether or not the word is right, it's what they think is proper usage. Take That last little tif between John and Prowler; Prowler think he's right, John think he's right, and technically, they both can be right, but which word usage is better and more fluent for a paper?

Just a suggestion.

first, thanks for thanking me... i appreciate it...

secondly, if you are going to blast people on grammar, spell checking, writing and usage. you should learn the difference between think and thinks. as in, "john THINKS he's right", not "john THNK he's right"... good luck with that... and stick around prowler, this isn't such a bad place. i enjoy browsing it, and it seems like it is going to be a cool thing once it gets going. they have some great ideas. and believe it or not, they have ONE EDITOR!!!-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby john9blue on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:12 am

samuelc812 wrote:john9blue - gimil and i have thought a lot about this and we have already decided to let the reporters do their own checking of spelling and grammatical errors ;) Thankyou for your interest however ;)

No problem. Look forward to reading this.

I think editorials might be funny, too. Like I said, I probably don't have time to write them, but like others have said, Fruitcake's thread is about as close as we've gotten to such a thing. :)
Captain john9blue

Postby samuelc812 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:12 am

Interesting concept Kotaro, I'll talk with my colleague's and see what they think :)

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Owen, explain to me what would be wrong with one thorough editor :-s
Captain samuelc812

Postby Kotaro on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:14 am

owenshooter wrote:
first, thanks for thanking me... i appreciate it...

secondly, if you are going to blast people on grammar, spell checking, writing and usage. you should learn the difference between think and thinks. as in, "john THINKS he's right", not "john THNK he's right"... good luck with that... and stick around prowler, this isn't such a bad place. i enjoy browsing it, and it seems like it is going to be a cool thing once it gets going. they have some great ideas. and believe it or not, they have ONE EDITOR!!!-0

No problem. Oh, and I apologize to your supreme-ness that my quick, 5 second typing is not good enough for you, nor is it perfect. I'll be sure to quadruple check every time, just in case you are watching.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby deliaselene on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:45 am

Kotaro wrote:

[-X

*Utters a quick prayer to God, thanking him*

Just a suggestion.

actually The Prowler is always correct :roll:

the differences in the interperation of words shouldn't create too many problems Kotaro :? as we all scramble for our English/Amercian dictionaries... or more commonly in Flame Wars our Candian/Amercian dictionaries

prehaps eventually the publication could include a section such as letters to The Editor for serious comment

Twill: It's hard lovin, I know, but I've got a reputation as a dick to maintain don't ya know
Twill: oky doky folks, I gotta get back to screwing people over
Sergeant deliaselene

Location: All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:59 am

samuelc812 wrote:Owen, explain to me what would be wrong with one thorough editor :-s

no, i agreed with that!!! that is how it should be... ONE EDITOR. you know the old sayin, "too many cooks..."-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby gimil on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:21 am

Right kids, grow up. If you wanna discuss grammar, spelling or anything that isn't on topic to this thread then feel free to start a new topic to discuss the subject elsewhere.

Kotaro, owenshooter, TheProwler, deliaselene do me a favour and try and jsut stick on topic. Owen I know you get off on topic hijacking but could you keep it in your pants this time round ;)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:53 pm

good idea.....I just dont have the time to help with this....not on a daily basis.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Next

Return to Newsletter Archives