Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Minimum Skill Level For Games

Postby The Neon Peon on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 am

I would like this suggestion and use it frequently to play only against high ranks, but there is a problem.

Although it does NOT lead to rank segregation seeing as the top of the scoreboard is so minute and there would be way more games for law ranked players, it leads to not being able to bridge the gap from one rank games to another.

The most common mistakes low ranks make is not playing against high ranks. They have no input of strategy in their game if a cook does not want to play with anyone above cadet so that they have a high chance at winning. So if you completely shut out even the choice for them to play high ranks (seeing as most of high ranks would use this) then the low ranks will have a much harder time actually learning how to play.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Jeff Hardy on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:25 am

killmanic wrote:Just make private games and invite the people you want to join. In addition in the callouts forum there are threads for games for people with 1800+, 2000+, 2500+ and perhaps a few others also, if you want games with people your rank this is one way to get them.

what if people like playing quick 1vs1s?

i have everyone who was a cook a week ago (almost 2000 players) on ignore list because i dont like them joining my games, this would prevent people having to do stuff like that
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Postby The Neon Peon on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:40 am

Jeff Hardy wrote:
killmanic wrote:Just make private games and invite the people you want to join. In addition in the callouts forum there are threads for games for people with 1800+, 2000+, 2500+ and perhaps a few others also, if you want games with people your rank this is one way to get them.

what if people like playing quick 1vs1s?

i have everyone who was a cook a week ago (almost 2000 players) on ignore list because i dont like them joining my games, this would prevent people having to do stuff like that

Just wondering, how many PMs do you get in your inbox from doing that?

It is the reason I undid mine.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Re: a way of adding everyone of a certain rank

Postby para on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Artimis wrote:Nice in theory, crap in practice. It'll just make it oh so much easier for the hardcore farmers if they could mass foe everyone above Private. At least with the current arrangement they can only foe by typing in names in the manage foes page or by clicking the Add Foe link on a profile. It's labour intensive for them to foe the first 40 or so pages of the scoreboard at current, lets not make it any easier for them, ok? ;)

in that case have the different options be "private and down" or "sgt and down" for what they foe. as this would be the only practical, agreeable way to do it the first place.
Corporal para

cap on ranks

Postby soka on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Concise description:
    Limit Ranks

Specifics:
    option in control panel ...to limit certain rank in joining a games . if im a chef i can put a cap on a rank who can join my game ...like privates and lower .... or serg first class and above if i am a major ...or none if you dont mind playing any type of player

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
    stopping whiners who think they are getting picked on and stopping farmers ...giving a fair chance to players
Sergeant 1st Class soka

Re: cap on ranks

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:54 pm

The plug-in Map Rank has this option.

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby White Moose on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 am

the.killing.44 wrote:The plug-in Map Rank has this option.

Nope.
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby Fuzzylogic99 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 am

been suggested b4 and been rejected
Private 1st Class Fuzzylogic99

Postby The Neon Peon on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:01 am

Foe all those of the rank you do not wish to play.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Jeff Hardy on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 am

i remember suggesting this not too long ago...
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Postby kiddicus maximus on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:45 pm

I was wondering the same thing. Not that my rank is impressive, but I'd rather play against people who are similar in rank until I get the hang of some of the tougher maps.

Maybe just on the 'over' on the rank? For instance, limit 1100 would exclude anyone with the rank over 1100.
Sergeant 1st Class kiddicus maximus

Postby HardAttack on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:47 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:Foe all those of the rank you do not wish to play.

foe 5000 players ?
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:49 pm

i suggested this in Q&A when i was freemium maybe 2 times. But didnt work. I think there is a policy behind it.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby kiddicus maximus on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:22 am

HardAttack wrote:i suggested this in Q&A when i was freemium maybe 2 times. But didnt work. I think there is a policy behind it.

rules are made to be broken. I think it would be a good option. Some of the higher ranked players get angry when they lose to bums like me. Some of the bums go from Private to Cook because they don't realize not to play 4 majors in an assassin game...

Postby Phlaim on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:52 am

To go around this, make the games private and put them in callouts.
Highest Score: 3868
Major Phlaim

Postby kiddicus maximus on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:27 am

Phlaim wrote:To go around this, make the games private and put them in callouts.

I guess that would work, but how many bums actually read the callouts? I never do, probably because no one is calling out the 1000 and under group. Hey, I'm gonna start a clan.

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:09 am

HardAttack wrote:

foe 5000 players ?

if KLOBBER can do it, then you can do it.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby cpurcell on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:31 am

I suggested this as well and they turned it down :? :roll:... And no, map rank doesn't do that...
---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Artimis on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:57 am

Makes it easier to conduct elitist game play, i.e. Not play people below a certain rank to avoid heavy points loss. Great in theory but will encourage more exclusive game playing in practice, we already have a points aristocracy, lets not make it worse. ;)
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby sailorseal on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:38 pm

kiddicus maximus wrote:
Phlaim wrote:To go around this, make the games private and put them in callouts.

I guess that would work, but how many bums actually read the callouts? I never do, probably because no one is calling out the 1000 and under group. Hey, I'm gonna start a clan.

A clan for what? Low ranks, i already started one...
Cook sailorseal

Postby Joodoo on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:39 am

Fruitcake wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

foe 5000 players ?

true, with the unlimited amount of space in your foe list, a cap on ranks doesn't seem to be necessary
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby The Neon Peon on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Joodoo wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

foe 5000 players ?

true, with the unlimited amount of space in your foe list, a cap on ranks doesn't seem to be necessary

There is a max when you reach about 10,000 when foeing another person becomes such a haste that you remove all your foes in frustration.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby kiddicus maximus on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:35 am

Artimis wrote:Makes it easier to conduct elitist game play, i.e. Not play people below a certain rank to avoid heavy points loss. Great in theory but will encourage more exclusive game playing in practice, we already have a points aristocracy, lets not make it worse. ;)

I'm kinda new, so are the top 100 or so really that hell-bent on keeping their status? Isn't this all supposed to be for fun?

Set Rank Limits for starting games.

Postby anomalystream on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:36 am

I want to suggest that when starting games, members should be able to set minimum and maximum limits for rank that other members must meet to join.

EXAMPLE:

Set Rank Limit:
Minimum Rank: Corporal 1st Class
Maximum Rank: Captain

Therefore to join this game you must at least be a Corporal 1st Class, and at most be a Captain.

In addition, I feel Premium Members should be able to exclude non-premium members from joining games they create, and non-premium members should not be able to rank Premium Members.

It is very potentially extremely destructive to a members ranking if when they start games, any member of any rank can join any number of games a member has created. So members should be able to limit rank, exclude non-premium members, and prevent a single member from joining multiple games a member has created.
Corporal 1st Class anomalystream

Re: Set Rank Limits for starting games.

Postby bigreuben on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:08 am

anomalystream wrote:I want to suggest that when starting games, members should be able to set minimum and maximum limits for rank that other members must meet to join.

EXAMPLE:

Set Rank Limit:
Minimum Rank: Corporal 1st Class
Maximum Rank: Captain

Therefore to join this game you must at least be a Corporal 1st Class, and at most be a Captain.

I agree with that... I usually join a game when there is just one or two more spaces left so it will start fast, but that because surfing through all the games and looking for something that will be with players of my caliber, or just going through private games and and asking everyone if it's friend private or ranks private game can take a day or two at best... last time I started a game there was not one player that was equal to my rank, and my rank ain't that high...

anomalystream wrote:In addition, I feel Premium Members should be able to exclude non-premium members from joining games they create, and non-premium members should not be able to rank Premium Members.

It is very potentially extremely destructive to a members ranking if when they start games, any member of any rank can join any number of games a member has created. So members should be able to limit rank, exclude non-premium members, and prevent a single member from joining multiple games a member has created.

I think you missed the "private password" option when you start the game...
And overall I don't think that you paying premium means you're a better player, which means maybe you are the one who actually put my (any freemium) rank at risk...
Captain bigreuben

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions