- Farming of new recruits has been prevented by restricting difficult maps and settings to them until they gain more experience.
- It is still possible to farm unskilled players on difficult maps and settings so the farming and subsequent points inflation of the higher ranked continues as well.
- I advocate taking a closer look at the win rate of low ranked teams against extremely high ranked on various maps/settings, in order to more fully understand the scope of harvesting techniques.
- Once additional harvesting techniques have been identified, we can extend the appropriate point loss restrictions to certain lower ranks in order to further reduce the farming and points inflation problem that plagues ConquerClub.
- I've collected a very small amount of data that should indicate that harvesting of the low ranked is indeed a risk-free endeavor.
- I suggest allowing anybody to play on restricted maps as long as no points will be exchanged.
- I wanted to collect stats on low ranked teams playing high ranked ones on difficult map settings. I found it expedient to search on lt.pie's quads Waterloo games. This is not an attack on lt.pie, I just found it easier to restrict my data collection in this manner.
I counted that out of 60 games where he played against teams containing at least one cook and no opponent below lieutenant, he won all 60. This indicates that higher ranked players, if they are able to target teams like this, will be able to gain risk-free points.
(This is not an allegation that he targeted/targets teams like this.)
If the high ranked team gains 5 points in each game and stands to lose 80, they would need to win 16 for every loss in order to break even. This data shows that the low ranked teams cannot even win one in 60. This shows the viability of the harvesting technique of targeting teams with cooks and no one Lieutenant or above in quads games on Waterloo.
I don't have the time to count every game by hand including people of x, y and z rank, but I think you would find that many maps currently restricted to new recruits would produce similar results.
I hope this sample data spurs further analysis using automated tools across larger data sets (across all games and difficult maps) to determine the viability of various harvesting techniques.
- Game 1702044
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
- Restrict farming even further
- Reduce point inflation
- Make CC more competitive by encouraging high ranks to play each other instead of farm