Conquer Club

[Site/Forum] Highest Score Ever Achieved

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Tracking a Player's Highest Score

Postby Timminz on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:28 pm

I also use my sig as a place holder for my personal best.
Captain Timminz

Postby lancehoch on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:59 pm

Does the signature update automatically or does it only update when you change it?
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Timminz on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:14 pm

only when you change it. Unless you could code something that checks your score, compares it to your highest, and then alters an off-site image, which you link as your sig.
Captain Timminz

Postby Herakilla on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Timminz wrote:only when you change it. Unless you could code something that checks your score, compares it to your highest, and then alters an off-site image, which you link as your sig.

you make it sound so simple
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Timminz on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:12 pm

Herakilla wrote:
Timminz wrote:only when you change it. Unless you could code something that checks your score, compares it to your highest, and then alters an off-site image, which you link as your sig.

you make it sound so simple

I don't think it sounds too tough. It's been almost 10 years since I did any coding, so I have no idea how to do it myself, but seeing what the greasemonkey scripts can do, I don't think someone with the knowhow would have much trouble. [/wild assumption]
Captain Timminz

Highest Madal report in Profile View

Postby Nabeel77 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:09 am

My suggesiont is that " In our profile menu there should be one more line added with the headding of "HIGHEST RANK EVER ACHIEVE" and rank name or symbol can be used to describe it"

Some times or most of the time people go upto captain level and after that bad luck hits them and they come down to credit or little above, when other people see there profile they should know about there opponent that he/she was a CAPTAIN and have the skills even though he/she is Sargent at this time.

I think its easy to incert and gave a good impression to all.

Best regards
Nabeel77
Sergeant Nabeel77

Personal best or high score history

Postby letitrock on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Personal best score or highest score showing:

I don't know anybody has already suggested or not but In the scoreboard and your wall, there should be your personal all-time best score.

The benefits would be:

1. We can check which is the all time highest score and not just the current highest score.
2. We can be more competitive ( as if we were not now :-) )
3. You can feel good about yourself by seeing your highest score even if you are now a cook from a major :o .
4. You will be more motivated to play more since you will become nostalgic about 'good ol' days' and 'good ol' scores' =D>
Lieutenant letitrock

Re: Personal best or high score history

Postby THE ARMY on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:16 pm

usually people just post in there "interest" or "occupation" zone their personal best, just look at mine for an example
High Score 3091, 59th on scoreboard.

BROTHER 3

"Nobody ever won a war dying for his country, they won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for theirs"~General Patton
Major THE ARMY

Postby cicero on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:42 pm

automatic would be nice though ...
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby letitrock on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:58 pm

THE ARMY wrote:usually people just post in there "interest" or "occupation" zone their personal best, just look at mine for an example

Yeah, but you can't really sort the personal best with other players, right?

No disrespect to anyone but anybody can just type any number in personal best and posted there.
Lieutenant letitrock

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:00 pm

letitrock wrote:
THE ARMY wrote:usually people just post in there "interest" or "occupation" zone their personal best, just look at mine for an example

No disrespect to anyone but anybody can just type any number in personal best and posted there.

If someone's particularly disbelieving they can check scores over time with Map Rank :)
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Timminz on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:02 pm

I think it would be neat to have a scoreboard of best-scores.
Captain Timminz

Postby gameplayer on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:24 pm

ManBungalow wrote:
letitrock wrote:

If someone's particularly disbelieving they can check scores over time with Map Rank :)

The problem with any of these high score scripts, like Map Rank, is that they aren't 100% accurate because of the corrupt game logs from a while ago. If you can calculate attendance and put it on a person's profile, surely it would be easy to calculate their highest score as well? I think this is a great suggestion, a scoreboard would be nice but I think just having it on someone's profile would be easy and very useful.
Colonel gameplayer

Postby Timminz on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:22 pm

gameplayer wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:
letitrock wrote:

The problem with any of these high score scripts, like Map Rank, is that they aren't 100% accurate because of the corrupt game logs from a while ago

Very true. MapRank is off from my actual score by over 200 points.
Captain Timminz

Postby chipv on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:30 pm

gameplayer wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:
letitrock wrote:

The problem with any of these high score scripts, like Map Rank, is that they aren't 100% accurate because of the corrupt game logs from a while ago. If you can calculate attendance and put it on a person's profile, surely it would be easy to calculate their highest score as well? I think this is a great suggestion, a scoreboard would be nice but I think just having it on someone's profile would be easy and very useful.

Correct on the corrupt game logs.... except... how exactly is the site supposed to calculate the high score if there are missing logs..?

Answers on a postcard please.
Captain chipv

Postby PepperJack on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:41 pm

chipv wrote:Correct on the corrupt game logs.... except... how exactly is the site supposed to calculate the high score if there are missing logs..?

Answers on a postcard please.

Shouldn't the difference a Map Rank current score and an ACTUAL current score be consistent (assuming no more logs are lost)?

If that is true an all time high list can be built by running people through the MRGL special sauce API (or whatever the proper jargon is).

Example: I know my high is 2257. MRGL shows my high as 2249. That is a difference of 8.
MRGL shows me currently at 1967. I am currently 1975. Also 8.
So define the difference and apply it to the score chart that MRGL uses.

I think that works and is relatively succinct.
Game 3960030

Going on deployment, be back someday.

Sorry for deadbeating out of games.
Corporal 1st Class PepperJack

Postby chipv on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:49 pm

PepperJack wrote:
Shouldn't the difference a Map Rank current score and an ACTUAL current score be consistent (assuming no more logs are lost)?

Absolutely correct with the exception that active terminator kills are not counted, only completed games so you may get deviation if the terminator game has not completed.

If that is true an all time high list can be built by running people through the MRGL special sauce API (or whatever the proper jargon is).

Example: I know my high is 2257. MRGL shows my high as 2249. That is a difference of 8.
MRGL shows me currently at 1967. I am currently 1975. Also 8.
So define the difference and apply it to the score chart that MRGL uses.

I think that works and is relatively succinct.

No, this will still be wrong if you are missing logs where you have won points immediately after the high score point.
Captain chipv

Postby lancehoch on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Would it be possible to set up the max score to not take into account past high scores? By that I mean, if/when it is added, the then current score is set as the high (if above 1000, else 1000 is set as the high) and this is only changed if the score goes above this high score.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby chipv on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:59 pm

lancehoch wrote:Would it be possible to set up the max score to not take into account past high scores? By that I mean, if/when it is added, the then current score is set as the high (if above 1000, else 1000 is set as the high) and this is only changed if the score goes above this high score.

Yes. This could also be done starting from any time after Feb as that was when the logs went missing.
I could actually add this this to Map Rank if I included a relative score feature.
i.e. if you change the chart timescale then the first point starts at 1000 and calculation starts there.
For any time after the logs went missing, this would then have no errors but of course ignores any previous high score.

So of course possible from the site too, but again it would ignore previous high scores.
Captain chipv

Postby gameplayer on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:53 am

chipv wrote:
lancehoch wrote:Would it be possible to set up the max score to not take into account past high scores? By that I mean, if/when it is added, the then current score is set as the high (if above 1000, else 1000 is set as the high) and this is only changed if the score goes above this high score.

Yes. This could also be done starting from any time after Feb as that was when the logs went missing.
I could actually add this this to Map Rank if I included a relative score feature.
i.e. if you change the chart timescale then the first point starts at 1000 and calculation starts there.
For any time after the logs went missing, this would then have no errors but of course ignores any previous high score.

So of course possible from the site too, but again it would ignore previous high scores.

so basically this^^^ is the only possible way for it to happen, because of the missing game logs? I still think that would be better than nothing. You could just add a little note: High Score(after February 2008) xxxx
Colonel gameplayer

Postby chipv on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:26 pm

gameplayer wrote:
chipv wrote:

so basically this^^^ is the only possible way for it to happen, because of the missing game logs? I still think that would be better than nothing. You could just add a little note: High Score(after February 2008) xxxx

Ok. It's a pity because were it not for Terminator games, a full rescore would be able to recover all of the missing points.
Captain chipv

Highest Score and Rank Achieved

Postby Rocketry on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:23 pm

I searched for this and couldn't find it, so here goes...

Concise description:
  • In a players profile, could there be something to indicate the highest score and rank ever achieved?

Specifics:
  • So, in addition to current rank, score, attendence etc. Just underneath that lot. Just a nice additional feature.

Rocket
Lieutenant Rocketry

Re: Highest Score and Rank Achieved

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:28 pm

Agree with this.

Use the Map Rak plug-in until something like this happens. If you pull up the chart, it gives you highest and lowest scores. Although if you try to do that on a player with several thousand games, it will freeze and you'll have to restart firefox.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby psychobkrazy on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:10 pm

I also would like to see that.
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Sergeant 1st Class psychobkrazy

Postby sailorseal on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:47 pm

Rocketry wrote:I searched for this and couldn't find it, so here goes...

Concise description:
  • In a players profile, could there be something to indicate the highest score and rank ever achieved?

Specifics:
  • So, in addition to current rank, score, attendence etc. Just underneath that lot. Just a nice additional feature.

Rocket

I agree my highest rank was 4 small points from lieutenant but when I had a little/major drop I would have liked to remind people I was not just some private...
Cook sailorseal

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions