Bruceswar wrote:Since you asked... I think this new map is terrible... I will not be playing this one at all. Ruined another map... Changing the game play of a map is never a good idea if you ask me. Well rarely, but not in this case.
1. Terrible color choices, even if that is the colors of Germany.. 2nd map in the first post are much better color choices.
2. The movement of spots of top is bad as well. That 1 way spot (1 way in and out) will totally change how this map is played... Bad bad idea.
3. Mountains to rivers down south? What happen did those mountains just vanish? Poof be gone?
4. What happens to current games on this map since all the places are moved and changed? Will there be 2 map choices?
I will end with this... All these maps getting revamped is bad for this site. You say in the long run it will be better, etc etc. I do not agree. Look at what the classic ordeal did. I know many many people who left to never come back. Those people then spread the word about CC in a negative light.
Get your own ideas people and stop trying to "fix" other maps that do not need it. Fixing Graphics is one thing. OK I am all for some new graphics at times, but when you start changing game play, names etc it becomes a bad bad idea.
Only good revamp I can remember was the France Revamp.
British Isles - Nope
Classic - Nope - Both times
France - Good and needed
Brazil - Not looking good..
Germany - Bad Bad Bad
Maps are supposed to be original ideas, not taking someone elses idea and trying to make it better. Once in a rare while it is needed but many many times not needed.
Well, Incandenza and others hit virtually everything, I'll add to two things though. Foremost, no gameplay changes are being made to the Germany map, as I said earlier (see the "About the Revamp" quote in the first post of this thread for more info). That misconception seems to be where much of this revamp opposition springs from. All changes to territory names, shapes, and borders have been made to increase accuracy while preserving the original gameplay.
The other thing you mention is a revamp's effect on the site. I honestly believe that revamps are better in the long run for CC. The benefits of having enticing and/or interesting graphics on CC will almost certainly outweigh a few old members portraying the site in a negative light.
Last, for your individual comments:
1. This color scheme was decided on due to a certain lack of German flavor in the original draft of the revamp. It's been adjusted throughout this thread - to be frank, I'd venture to say that this aspect of the image has really already been agreed upon, save for some minor adjustments.
2. Which spot are you referring to? The territories Osnabruck and Munster do not
border, if this is what you're talking about I could scoot the mountains over a bit to make the impassable more clear.
3. These were switched for accuracy's sake.
4. This revamp would replace the current Germany map.