Conquer Club

Show Total Player Cards - No Alliances Allowed

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Show Total Player Cards - No Alliances Allowed

Postby Marvaddin on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:17 pm

1) How about a number showing total of cards of each player? It could be sided with the names... You know, that really matters sometimes, and its a hell have to take the number by the game log.

2) Im thinking about a new rule, with the status of those "no hidden alliances". This will be "no alliances allowed in 3 players games". Its disgusting lose a game which you had in your hand because of this alliances. You conquer a continent and then, total war against you. You worked hard, but, sniff... :cry:

Do you agree??
Major Marvaddin

Postby ZawBanjito on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:15 am

1) I'm pretty sure this was agreed upon ages ago, and Lackattack mentioned something about putting the card numbers in next to the player names. Since then, I've no idea what happened.

2) I freaking don't play three player games for just this reason... too much chance you're going to fall in with two roommates who really wanted to play each other and think you're a nuisance. How would you enforce no alliances though? It just gives them an extra incentive to be secretive about it.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:29 am

Well, due to lack of control, secret alliances can ever occur... but I think its an exception... I think the prohibition is sufficient in most cases.
Major Marvaddin

Postby StarKey on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:13 am

You worked hard, but, sniff

I know what you're saying, but believe me...playing online RISK isn't hard work, maybe "You played hard, but, sniff" :wink:

Personally, I think a little note keeping on the side adds to the effort of trying to know what the other players are holding in their hands. I know in a game I had yesterday, the other player had me cornered and out numbered 2 to 1, but instead of taking a "risk" and knocking me out that round he finished his round, and took a card thinking I would have only 3 armies, but much his surprise I cashed in sequential cards and plopped down like 30+ armies and that turned the whole game, him not knowing how many cards I had. If he had been keeping track he would have known, so I like not having it displayed how many cards I have. Make it each players responsibility to keep track...it adds to the game
Corporal StarKey

Postby madeinchinain85 on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:41 am

StarKey wrote:Personally, I think a little note keeping on the side adds to the effort of trying to know what the other players are holding in their hands. I know in a game I had yesterday, the other player had me cornered and out numbered 2 to 1, but instead of taking a "risk" and knocking me out that round he finished his round, and took a card thinking I would have only 3 armies, but much his surprise I cashed in sequential cards and plopped down like 30+ armies and that turned the whole game, him not knowing how many cards I had. If he had been keeping track he would have known, so I like not having it displayed how many cards I have. Make it each players responsibility to keep track...it adds to the game

I disagree, I think one of the main reasons (beside time constraints and increased number of players) people play CC is because it streamlines things. No dices to roll, no need to count countries to find out how many armies to deply, no tokens to keep track of, ect. Counting the number of cards players have is more of an annoying task rather than anthing tactical. After all IRL I should be able to glance at opposing players and instantly find out how many cards they are holding.
M@de in China
Corporal 1st Class madeinchinain85

Postby ZawBanjito on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:55 am

Yeah, I think the idea was that it's in the official Risk rules that you're supposed to keep the number of cards exposed at all times. Everyone was totally, "do it, we're sick of counting." I think we're just waiting for LA to get around to it.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby StarKey on Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:19 am

the official Risk rules that you're supposed to keep the number of cards exposed at all times.

Ya, you're right, I forgot about that. :oops:
Corporal StarKey

Postby qeee1 on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:46 am

I always thought the official risk rules stated you didn't have to show your cards.

Either way I mean it's easy to count your opponents cards, and I think it's something you should have to keep in mind if you're a skilled risk player, not something that should be put up right in front of you.
Colonel qeee1

Postby thegrimsleeper on Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:09 pm

Well, in the rulebook it says that the number of cards a player has is supposed to be public knowledge. It is a major pain to have to scroll through the entire game log, tallying scratching off, tallying, re-tallying...

And although I agree that it is something that only skilled players really think about, I'd be surprised if it was something inexperienced players would really have much more of an advantage by seeing... It's just one of those things that you have to learn to pay attention to.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby oman on Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:33 pm

you should be able to see how many cards they have, cause you can when you are playing on a board.
Hippi's rule!
Cook oman

Return to Suggestions