Conquer Club

[09-Feb-2009] Franchises and Internationals

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[09-Feb-2009] Franchises and Internationals

Postby Night Strike on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Hello again fellow organizers. We are long overdue for a tournament announcement, so here is what the four of us have come up with to help improve the tournaments for everybody.

Franchise Tournaments

Many organizers have found a winning blueprint to string together a bunch of similar successful tournaments. These tournaments are popular among the participants, but they tend to cause some issues when awarding and accumulating medals. In an effort to reduce the time it takes to distribute medals as well as recognize organizers for the variety of tournaments they organize, we would like to introduce the Franchise Tournament Designation.

• An organizer who runs a series of similar tournaments (in name and style) has the opportunity to achieve a Franchise Designation after completing their 5th tournament. To receive a Franchise Designation, an organizer needs to contact a Tournament Director requesting the designation. If the series has not been Franchised after the 10th completed tournament, the Tournament Directors will decide whether it will receive the designation or continue as normal.
  • Franchised tournaments will have all medals removed for those tournaments. In its place will be a special medal description. We currently do not have a new medal specifically for Franchises, but we will request one in the future (if possible).
  • Franchised tournaments will receive a special designation in the Tournament Hall of Fame. Furthermore, the Franchised name will be "retired", and the "rights" to that title will remain with the recognized organizer unless the organizer gives another member permission to use that title.
  • An organizer may be recognized for more than one franchise. i.e. Natewolfman can be recognized for both Foundry Update and Back to the Basics.

For a housekeeping note, when a Director moves your thread over to Completed, we will use two different tags for denoting newly completed tournaments. Threads with ** will be receiving a medal and be updated in the Hall of Fame, while those with ^^ will get mentioned in the Hall of Fame but will NOT be getting a medal due to the tournament being a franchise, the organizer already having 30 medals, or a change of organizer too late in the tournament for either to have earned the medal.

International Tournaments Policy

The tournament forums have always been a place for organizers to test their creativity in a competitive format. However, they have also always been an English-only environment. Several organizers have branched out to host competitions in their native languages, but their approval have always been on a case-by-case basis. We have decided to codify some guidelines that will hopefully improve the gaming atmosphere for even more members.

• Members who wish to run an international tournament must have successfully organized a completed tournament in the main forum.
  • One person cannot run more than 2 international tournaments at the same time.
  • The member must be a frequenter in the international forum (therefore knows the language and probably even from that country).
  • When requesting privileges for the tournament, the organizer must include an English translation of the tournament with their request in order to receive the privileges.
  • The organizer is responsible for informing the Tournament Directors when the tournament finishes. They will also be required to provide an update to the tournament upon request.
  • These tournaments will be under the same regulations (abandoned tournaments and privileges abuse) and rewards (Hall of Fame and medal recognition) as tournaments in the main forums.

In addition to these new guidelines, some members have chosen to translate the Tournament Handbook into the International Forums. If you have already translated it or would be interested in doing so, please get in touch with Night Strike for additional details. Thanks a TON for helping with that endeavor.

Post Tags

There have been several newer tags added to the forum code to primarily help organizers. You may have seen some of these in use by several organizers.

Spoiler Tags
These tags allow you to "hide" some text to keep your posts from getting too long. Readers can click on the boxes to show the hidden text. To use these tags, type
Code: Select all
[spoiler]Tournaments Rock![/spoiler]
to produce
show
You can add a header to the spoiler tags by typing spoiler=title.

TO Tags
These tags allow an organizer to post an auto-join link to get people into their games faster. You can click the first part of the text to view the game, and the second part to join the game without typing a password. To use these links, type
[to]1000000 Password[/to]
Where the number and password spots are for your specific settings. Please note that there must but a space between the number and password.

TOT Tags
An upgrade to the TO tag, this tag allows you to utilize the new Join Team links to get your participants into team games easier. For these tags, you need to use
[tot]1000000 password team#[/tot]
The format is similar to the TO tag, but "team#" is replaced with just the number (1, 2, 3, or 4).

Organizer Competition

The Foundry has run many competitions for various activities in their history, so Natewolfman and Gilligan have decided to run a special Tournament Design Competition of our own. Be looking for details about that in the near future.

Many thanks again to all of you for your great tournaments. The number of completed tournaments have more than doubled in just the last 5 months. We really do have the most popular forum. :mrgreen:

~Tournament Directors
Steelhorse, Night Strike, Natewolfman, Gilligan
Major Night Strike

Re: [09-Feb-2009] Franchises and Internationals

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Looks like good stuff to me. Great job, guys. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Great work, sounds good!
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby a.sub on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:50 am

=D> well done guys!
Cadet a.sub

Postby Mike hosea on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:19 am

how do I enter?
:?: :mrgreen: :twisted: :-$ :ugeek:
Cook Mike hosea

Postby sailorseal on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:52 pm

I am sorry but having your medals removed seems to be the only benefit of a franchise...
Cook sailorseal

Postby a.sub on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:57 pm

Mike hosea wrote:how do I enter?
:?: :mrgreen: :twisted: :-$ :ugeek:

:roll:
Cadet a.sub

Postby Night Strike on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:46 pm

sailorseal wrote:I am sorry but having your medals removed seems to be the only benefit of a franchise...

When a player reaches the maximum of 30 medals with the former system, half of those tournaments could have been part of a franchise. So their unique tournaments after #30 didn't have any form of recognition. Now those tournaments will be recognized, and franchise tournaments will be rewarded with permanent rights to that tournament title.
Major Night Strike

Postby a.sub on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Night Strike wrote:
sailorseal wrote:I am sorry but having your medals removed seems to be the only benefit of a franchise...

When a player reaches the maximum of 30 medals with the former system, half of those tournaments could have been part of a franchise. So their unique tournaments after #30 didn't have any form of recognition. Now those tournaments will be recognized, and franchise tournaments will be rewarded with permanent rights to that tournament title.

well i like the idea, but i think it shd be a separate medal
Cadet a.sub

Postby Night Strike on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:45 pm

a.sub wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

I do too, but I have no control over what medals lack supplies. This needed to be done, and we can switch to a new medal if we get one.
Major Night Strike

Postby a.sub on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:58 pm

Night Strike wrote:
a.sub wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

I do too, but I have no control over what medals lack supplies. This needed to be done, and we can switch to a new medal if we get one.

lke i said im not complaining or anything, just throwing out my 2 cents
Cadet a.sub

Postby sailorseal on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Would it help if someone made it a suggestion or does this need to happen behind the scenes?
Cook sailorseal

Postby Gilligan on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:07 pm

A suggestion for what?
Captain Gilligan

Postby sailorseal on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Gilligan wrote:A suggestion for what?

A medal for franchises...
Cook sailorseal

Postby a.sub on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:05 pm

i think thats all underground workings, but putting up a post in sugs and bugs wont hurt and may even help
Cadet a.sub

Postby Night Strike on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:31 am

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

We currently do not have a new medal specifically for Franchises, but we will request one in the future (if possible).
Major Night Strike

Postby sailorseal on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Night Strike wrote:](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

We currently do not have a new medal specifically for Franchises, but we will request one in the future (if possible).

That is why I said would it help if someone made a suggestion for it? Why did it not come with the new round of medals?
Cook sailorseal

Postby Night Strike on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:42 pm

sailorseal wrote:That is why I said would it help if someone made a suggestion for it? Why did it not come with the new round of medals?

B/c lack had already requested the medals before our announcement.
Major Night Strike

Postby sailorseal on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Well would it help to suggest a medal for running a franchise?
Cook sailorseal

Postby Gilligan on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:12 pm

You can suggest anything you want. Who knows if it will help or not.
Captain Gilligan

Postby ppgangster on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:52 pm

Sorry guys, but the medal is for the winner or the organiser :?: :ugeek:
Sergeant 1st Class ppgangster

Postby Night Strike on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:14 pm

ppgangster wrote:Sorry guys, but the medal is for the winner or the organiser :?: :ugeek:

We already have medals for the organizers; these are for the winners.

By the way, your signature is too tall.
Major Night Strike

Postby ppgangster on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 pm

ok, took note of that, will fix it soon!

[edit]

Fixed and approved

[/edit]
Last edited by ppgangster on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class ppgangster

Postby Ginyu on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:49 pm

ummmmmmmmm :?

How do we enter the tournament?????
Cadet Ginyu

Postby a.sub on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:23 pm

ppgangster wrote:ok, took note of that, will fix it soon!

if u need help i can do it
PM me
Cadet a.sub

Next

Return to Tournament Archives