Conquer Club

[XML] infected neutrals

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: infected neutrals - FINAL PROPOSAL: page 22 [To-Do]

Postby Ditocoaf on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:25 pm

cicero wrote:Overall the consensus seems to be that these advantages/disadvantages balance out in the game as a whole.

Cicero

Yeah, we discussed this a bit earlier in development, and I agree that any advantages or disadvantages tend to even out... and since its totally random which player goes first/last, then even if there were a very slight net imbalance, it would be impossible to count on to tip the game in your favor.

>----------āœŖ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! āœŖ----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby theconquerer1995 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:08 pm

cicero wrote:Suggestion Idea:
Assassin games ... "someone shoot those zombies before they give the game to .. oh shit - too late!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i really like the idea, especially having deadbeating players come back as zombies
2008-11-26 12:51:53 - Moran555: i don't team up on people, i just attack whoever that will benefit me the most and yes that was red
Cook theconquerer1995

Postby john9blue on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:53 pm

LOL, I just thought of something. There was a cruise ship map that stopped development that I really liked. Maybe with zombie neutrals, we could battle on the Titanic! Like, the zombies represent the freezing water, and they slowly consume the ship, and the players are fighting to be the last ones on the ship (so they can get the life boat).

I'd play that map. :lol:
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby ThePriest_isBack on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:17 pm

hi,
I'm just a noob at CC,
but I really like these potential Zombies,
& hope it will be developed...

The Priest
Corporal 1st Class ThePriest_isBack

Postby iambligh on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Next, there should be more advanced zombie armies that mindlessly go for a bonus regardless of whether it could be easily broken or no matter whatever else is going on on the board -- oh, wait a sec, we have those already, they're called "noobs".
Sergeant 1st Class iambligh

Postby cicero on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:14 pm

ThePriest_isBack wrote:I really like these potential Zombies,
& hope it will be developed...

The Priest

Me too.
Here's hoping 2009 is the year the Neutrals come back from the dead!
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby Joodoo on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:13 pm

it's been "to-do" for months now...
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby blakebowling on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:25 pm

Joodoo wrote:it's been "to-do" for months now...

thats nothing, http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=161&start=0 has been To-Do since 2006
Private blakebowling

Postby sailorseal on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Been on "vacation" so haven't been able to post this. I was thinking the same thing when I was playing this game and a player got a major advantage because he used a wall of neutrals to protect his bonus. I would like to see a
Start A Game wrote:Zombies
Yes
No

This way players can choose how they play and as said before creates a fun new strategy that people have to adapt to...

(Is the infecting neutrals avatar related?)
Cook sailorseal

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:39 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=3960030

That will show you how the zombie neutrals behave :lol:
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby shanksdigs on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:43 am

OMG, great idea and great functionality of the zombies. Only suggestion against your functions is the alphabetical choice" attack. This might make players come back to choose names like "zzzzzJim" so they are least likely to get attacked by the zombie.

Most important is the fact that players use the neutrals as defense. Your idea that a neutral would be an active attacker is truly wonderful! I hope this gets implemented!
Lieutenant shanksdigs

Location: Premiums, please do not join my games if you cannot play fast/RT.

Postby yeti_c on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Spongity spong spong.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cicero on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:59 pm

yeti_c wrote:Spongity spong spong.
Yes, I think we've got time to make up a language for infected neutrals to speak whilst we wait for this to be implemented.

Oh and no empty bumping ! [-X
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby cicero on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:01 pm

shanksdigs wrote:OMG, great idea and great functionality of the zombies.
We love it too.

shanksdigs wrote:Only suggestion against your functions is the alphabetical choice" attack. This might make players come back to choose names like "zzzzzJim" so they are least likely to get attacked by the zombie.
Don't worry this was never actually the idea; it was that the Infected Neutrals choose alphabetically by Territory Name but this has been superceded. See the FINAL PROPOSAL on page 22 for details.

shanksdigs wrote:Most important is the fact that players use the neutrals as defense. Your idea that a neutral would be an active attacker is truly wonderful! I hope this gets implemented!
I hope so too.
Sergeant cicero

Postby yeti_c on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:20 pm

This change would make CC unique.

At the moment CC is still only just a risk World Domination clone website.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby vrex on Sun May 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Ahh... how long has it been since i visited i wonder... yet this suggestion is still on the 'to-do' list and has not yet been implemented. I think i will play CC again when the infected neutrals are here. :p
Highest rank:

AWESOME!! I achieved point count above!! \:D/
Captain vrex

Postby skaterchild3 on Sun May 10, 2009 9:50 pm

I just realized how great this would make Indochina or doodle earth.
TheProwler wrote:I love talking about myself.

Haywood Jablomie wrote:your dice are slaying me!!!
Cook skaterchild3

Postby phantomzero on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:12 pm

This would be fun... I guess I should quit holding my breath...
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby andy_is_awesome on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:18 am

I like the alphabetical zombie attacks, but I don't think that should be the only zombie setting.

What if your territory losses 1 army for every neutral territory it borders.
-If you border 3 neutrals, you lose 3 troops at the end of the round.
-If you border 1 neutral , you lose 1 troop at the end of the round.

Again, I love the alphabetical zombie attacks, but I think we can add other zombie settings that would be fun too.
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby paulk on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:26 pm

As a big zombie fan (I even have a book about zombie behavior) I have some suggestions.
I have not read through all 30 pages of chatter, so maybe someone else already suggested some of it, but what the hell... :)

*) Zombies are stupid. Therefore, if there is no activity in a territory, they should not understand that there is "food" there in that territory, hence no attacks would occur. With activity means deploys, attacks, movements, reinforcements etc. - called "noice" below.

*) Zombies are attracted by noise. Therefore, since they go last, where the round have had the most kills would be where they would be interested to attack/move towards. The more noise the more number of attracted zombies moving from territories not directly adjacent.
An illustrating example: If in one turn 3 territories has been attacked, where respectively 10, 20 and 30 troops has died (combined losses from both sides), the zombie army would (if unlimited) move 3, 6 and 9 armies (if possible) towards those territories from territories (in each case) randomly within 2, 3 and 4 steps away

*) Zombies have a keen smell. If too many zombies start to flock in an area (5 or more), and there is a non active target next to it that hasn't moved for 3 turns, eventually a zombie will get a sniff and they will attack.

*) Zombies are dead troops. Therefore the number of zombies per turn could be based on the number of armies killed each turn (divided with 3 for example), although I think it is better to just keep it capped at that the zombie army get territory troops (1 per 3 territories).

*) Zombies are dead troops. They could therefore be deployed closest to where attacks have occurred, divided on number of dead troops if there are several attacks that has occurred.
An illustrating example: If in one turn 3 territories has been attacked, where respectively 3, 6 and 9 troops has died (combined losses from both sides), and the zombie army has 6 armies to deploy, they would deploy 1, 2 and 3 armies to the territories that they had closest.

*) Zombies are slooooooow. They are dead remember? Therefore, they should only be able to "walk" 1 step at a time (reinforcements).

*) They are zombies. Therefore, they don't stop attacking because they are down to 3. They keep going until they can't move any longer. They should at the most stop attacking at 2. (Then they get easier to kill too.)

*) If they succeed with an attack there should be a 50% chance that they keep attacking adjacent territories. This also mean that they will randomly attack (until dead or succeeded) 1 out of 2 adjacent territories, and 1 or 2 out of 3 adjacent territories, and 2 out of 4 adjacent territories and so on.

/ Paul K
Major paulk

Postby Industrial Helix on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Are we ever going to see this implemented?
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Doubt it.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Sir. Ricco on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Are we ever going to see this implemented?

It's so sad. This is such a great idea. :cry:
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby Aalmeida17 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:22 am

nice idea ;)
Cook Aalmeida17

Zombie Neutrals Gaming Option

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Concise description:
  • New Gaming Option: ZOMBIE

Specifics:
  • The Zombie Neutral Gaming Option would work as follows:

*1. All Neutral armies are considered Zombies and start the game out with the normal value of 3

*2. At the end of the gaming round, each Neutral territory that has not been defeated will receive a randomly regenerative maximum value. (This value is not yet determined, but as an example let us use the values of 3,4,5,6, and 7. Of course, depending on test play, if these numbers seem to be not great enough or too great, they can be increased or decreased in value)

*3. Any territory that becomes a neutral, is considered a zombie. This can be from either Bombarding, Nuclear spoils, and deadbeat players (of which all deadbeat player values drop to the value of 1). All newly created zombie territories will gain a regenerative maximum value as determined by bullet 2 (stated above).

*4. At the end of the gaming round, each Neutral Zombie territory will gain +1 regeneration until that particular territory reaches the maximum regenerative value as determined in bullet 2.

*5. At the end of the gaming round, any player territories that are adjacent to any Zombie territory will lose -1 troops. If the number of troops of such player is value 1, then that territory becomes a Zombie Neutral value of 1and resets that territory to a zombie regenerative maximum as mentioned in bullet 2.

*6. Depending on which board and spoils are used, it is possible to defeat all zombies from the board, however, for the full zombie effect, I would recommend Nuke spoils or/and boards that contain a bombardment feature.

*7. It is quite possible that a player may win, when a Zombie kills off another remaining player.

*8. Zombies play automatically at the end of the gaming round, after the last player is finished. (Not sure how this would work with Freestyle?)

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • This will be a fresh new way to play games on Conquer Club
  • Players will no longer be able to hide behind massive neutral armies, they will be forced to either fight them or run away.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions