Conquer Club

Mistake or paranormal? Your Ideas

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:17 am

Caleb the Cruel wrote:It was God.

If god is sitting up there trying to f*ck with people and play jokes on them perhaps him and I have alot more in common than I thought.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:19 am

Mabe you're his long lost son.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby vtmarik on Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:53 am

maniacmath17 wrote:I'm pretty sure Machiavelli was talking about the whole driving through a ghost incident. If not, then I would definitely like to hear about it.

I was driving home from being elsewhere in town, and as I round the corner to head into the little sub-street network that leads to my house, I see this bizarre, amorphous blob floating in front of my car. From what little I could see of it, it looked like one of those science models where a cell is going through mitosis and there's all the spindles (anaphase for those of you science buffs). It was pale blue with golden spindles within it.

Fluorescent picture of anaphase, to assist in your visualization:

I know that:
A) It wasn't fog, because it wasn't foggy that night at all.
B) It wasn't a refraction of swamp gas, because it was slightly above the level of my headlight and above a roadway, nowhere near a sewer cover.

I have no explanation for the funky-blob, and I didn't get a better look at it because by the time what I had seen registered in my mind I had already passed it and turned onto my street.

I asked a couple paranormal dabblers in my area, one said "Yeah, that's a ghost" the other had no other way to explain it scientifically.

So yes, I saw a ghost and drove through it.

Let it be known that I don't believe in the concept of the 'supernatural' or the 'paranormal;' I believe in science we don't understand. Sure, i'm equivocating to a certain degree, but I know what I saw.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:37 am

a photo would be nice, could you drive through there a few more times?
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby edmundomcpot on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:54 am

vtmariks post made me remember something... drivin home from the theatre after seeing a horror play woman in black the main road was empty then suddenly a white snake like thing came towards the front window which made my mum swerve..after both confirming we'd seen the same thing my mum told me she woldnt swerve from a light and shed never swerved from anything like that before..we still dont have any explanation

ive never seen anything since
Would you choose supremecy if it lead to isolation?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Cook edmundomcpot

Postby vtmarik on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:44 am

MeDeFe wrote:a photo would be nice, could you drive through there a few more times?

Haven't got a photo, and it hasn't happened since.

Ultra Weirdness man, that's all I can say.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Re: Mistake or paranormal? Your Ideas

Postby salvadevinemasse on Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:18 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:
salvadevinemasse wrote:Look everyone I have a friend from real life who plays this.

I dont think I ever actually wrote this however I could be wrong.. I will have to fucking look it up now..great going rev now you got me curious!!!
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby salvadevinemasse on Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:25 pm

Caleb the Cruel wrote:It was God.

You know.. I always wondered if Life was like God's soap opera.. Maybe we are the people who play on his TV and when we go to sleep we are going home for the night and when we wake up its back to work. I know it sounds a bit odd but Its always been something I've considered.. Maybe hes like the director and such? or like the play screen person who writes all this stuff up for us? Who knows but its just 1 idea out of many I have.
I watch "all my children" sometimes thats where I got my idea from.

Salva-
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby misscrystal on Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:05 pm

You want to hear some creepy stories?

Once, I live in a trailer in Missouri (no, that's not the creepy part). My landlord had made a comment once that he couldn't keep a tenant for very long. No surprise, I thought, the place is a POS, and I myself didn't plan on spending more than a few months there.

My first night there, I got a coke and sat down to read a book (I don't have a tv and my computer was still in storage.). I took a drink, and sat the coke on the floor next to the couch. When I went to reach for it again, it was gone. I looked around and spotted it on the kitchen counter. Naturally, I thought I took a drink and left it there by mistake so I got up and brought it over to the couch, took a drink and set it on the floor. When I reached for it again, it was gone. Back on the kitchen counter. By this time, I'm thinking I'm an idiot and that I went and got a drink and left it there...but after two or three more go-rounds of this I just held the coke in my lap.

Another time, I'd been catching glimpses out of the corner of my eye of a man with a top hat (or stovepipe hat). I didn't give it much thought, because I had recently consumed a lot of mushrooms and I thought it was an after-effect :wink: . One of my friends came to visit who gets TOTALLY upset by the thought of ghosts or anything vaguely abnormal and it didn't even occur to me to mention it to her until halfway through our conversation she stood up and announced she was leaving. I followed her outside, thinking I'd pissed her off somehow and asked her why. She pointed past me and said "Because of the man in the top hat in your kitchen."

Lots of other weird thing happened in that place...creepiest place I ever lived...
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."
Corporal misscrystal

Postby stinkycheese on Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:57 pm

vtmarik wrote:
maniacmath17 wrote:I'm pretty sure Machiavelli was talking about the whole driving through a ghost incident. If not, then I would definitely like to hear about it.

I was driving home from being elsewhere in town, and as I round the corner to head into the little sub-street network that leads to my house, I see this bizarre, amorphous blob floating in front of my car. From what little I could see of it, it looked like one of those science models where a cell is going through mitosis and there's all the spindles (anaphase for those of you science buffs). It was pale blue with golden spindles within it.

Fluorescent picture of anaphase, to assist in your visualization:

I know that:
A) It wasn't fog, because it wasn't foggy that night at all.
B) It wasn't a refraction of swamp gas, because it was slightly above the level of my headlight and above a roadway, nowhere near a sewer cover.

I have no explanation for the funky-blob, and I didn't get a better look at it because by the time what I had seen registered in my mind I had already passed it and turned onto my street.

I asked a couple paranormal dabblers in my area, one said "Yeah, that's a ghost" the other had no other way to explain it scientifically.

So yes, I saw a ghost and drove through it.

Let it be known that I don't believe in the concept of the 'supernatural' or the 'paranormal;' I believe in science we don't understand. Sure, i'm equivocating to a certain degree, but I know what I saw.

Don't drop so much acid maybe?
Captain stinkycheese

Postby heavycola on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:37 pm

Beastly wrote:One time, this hard plastic container containing powder flew off my dresser.... No windows open, no fans on... nobody in room... I was laying still in bed watching TV...
:

Cocaine addiction is no joke.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby salvadevinemasse on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:54 am

misscrystal wrote:You want to hear some creepy stories?

Once, I live in a trailer in Missouri (no, that's not the creepy part). My landlord had made a comment once that he couldn't keep a tenant for very long. No surprise, I thought, the place is a POS, and I myself didn't plan on spending more than a few months there.

My first night there, I got a coke and sat down to read a book (I don't have a tv and my computer was still in storage.). I took a drink, and sat the coke on the floor next to the couch. When I went to reach for it again, it was gone. I looked around and spotted it on the kitchen counter. Naturally, I thought I took a drink and left it there by mistake so I got up and brought it over to the couch, took a drink and set it on the floor. When I reached for it again, it was gone. Back on the kitchen counter. By this time, I'm thinking I'm an idiot and that I went and got a drink and left it there...but after two or three more go-rounds of this I just held the coke in my lap.

Another time, I'd been catching glimpses out of the corner of my eye of a man with a top hat (or stovepipe hat). I didn't give it much thought, because I had recently consumed a lot of mushrooms and I thought it was an after-effect :wink: . One of my friends came to visit who gets TOTALLY upset by the thought of ghosts or anything vaguely abnormal and it didn't even occur to me to mention it to her until halfway through our conversation she stood up and announced she was leaving. I followed her outside, thinking I'd pissed her off somehow and asked her why. She pointed past me and said "Because of the man in the top hat in your kitchen."

Lots of other weird thing happened in that place...creepiest place I ever lived...

That is soooo awesome! Any other stories you want to share! You have my full attention now!

love Salva-

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby salvadevinemasse on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:56 am

heavycola wrote:
Beastly wrote:One time, this hard plastic container containing powder flew off my dresser.... No windows open, no fans on... nobody in room... I was laying still in bed watching TV...
:

Cocaine addiction is no joke.

Do you really think Beastly is doing coke? I was thinking anthrax but who knows right? lol.. I could be wrong but anthrax was the first thing that popped into my head when beastly mentioned powder.
Salva-

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby Backglass on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:11 am

misscrystal wrote:Once, I live in a trailer in Missouri

What?! Impossible. There are no trailers in Missouri. :lol:
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby salvadevinemasse on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:12 am

Backglass wrote:

LMAO! You dont know missouri! :P 8) :wink:

Salva-

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Re: Mistake or paranormal? Your Ideas

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:45 pm

salvadevinemasse wrote:A couple months ago I had lost my car key at VTMariks house and we never found it.. I had no pockets and I looked everywhere possible to make sure it hadnt gone like down my underclothes and such.. We looked everywhere possible even in the grass or under his couch ect.. Finally my brothers came over and let me use my moms car key..

So last night I made a couple necklaces, and decided to get the sea shells I've collect in the past 5 years out.. I wanted the ones with holes in them so I could make necklaces with them too and use them basically as beads..
Next thing I know I look in my collection of shells and boom There was my car key that I wasn't able to locate... Now I've been thinking this through and I still have no idea how it happened.. Because we looked every where with no car key in sight and it was his house I lost this key at.. and so I have one question...How in the hell did it end up in my sea shell collection? Any ideas what so ever? Do any of you have similar experiences you'd like to share? Do you think it could be paranormal?
Just please give me your ideas!!

don't know. Not sure if ghosts exist, but I have had incidents where my stuff ends up in weird places. Like when I lost my own set of house keys. They ended up flying off the ceiling fan in my kitchen which no one and I mean no one can reach.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby ksslemp on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:17 pm

The key was stuck in your clothing somehow and when the article of clothing was hung-up in the closet the key fell out into the box of shells.

Does this theory fit?
Major ksslemp

Postby vtmarik on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:22 pm

stinkycheese wrote:Don't drop so much acid maybe?

I was born into the wrong generation for that.
Cadet vtmarik

Postby salvadevinemasse on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:27 pm

ksslemp wrote:The key was stuck in your clothing somehow and when the article of clothing was hung-up in the closet the key fell out into the box of shells.

Does this theory fit?

Not even close! The box wasnt even in the closet it was on the other side of the room.. We had fully checked my clothes and found nothing.. and to boot I had put those clothes directly in the hamper that night so it didnt go in or around the box!
I wish I had some kind of scientific explanation however I'm leaning more toward paranormal every day!
Salva-

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby sully800 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:58 pm

When I was little I lost a pair of shoes. We found one of them underneath a tarp by our wood pile several months later. The other one wasn't found for another 2 years or so. Location? An empty old raquetball bag hidden in our attic.

I still have no idea how the heck that happened unless my sister hid them or something.
Major sully800

Postby misscrystal on Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:46 am

salvadevinemasse wrote:That is soooo awesome! Any other stories you want to share! You have my full attention now!

love Salva-

ok...In the same trailer I was up late feeding my baby when I heard the front door open and close and heavy footsteps across the floor. My boyfriend-at-the-time was working nights and wasn't due to be off for several hours, so I was surprised, thinking he'd come home sick, or worse, quit his job in the middle of his shift :). I called out to him and he didn't answer so I put the baby back to bed to have a look and....nothing. The noises I heard were unmistakable, but when I checked it out there was no one there. I looked in every room, in every closet, and even outside (well armed, of course) but nobody was around but me and the baby.

A few nights later I had just put the baby down for the night and was trying to go to sleep myself, but I couldn't rest. I was amusing myself by watching a tree frog crawl around on the window when it felt like someone sat down on the bed next to me. In an instant I was on my feet with shotgun in hand and feeling like a retard because the room was empty except for me. The crazy part is that it felt like someone had sat down on the side of the bed that was pushed flush to the wall. I flipped out, checked the whole place and just about the time that I convinced myself that it had been the cat jumping up on the bed next to me I heard him scratching and meowing outside the front door to be let in.

As an interesting side note...my dad claims that when he was young he had visions. Mostly of bad things that were going to happen (and most of them did). He told me when I was 18 or 19...I'd had a few worrisome premonitions and wanted him to tell me it was just bad dreams, I guess. He was always so level-headed that for a second I thought he was making it up. He told me it runs in the family. My great-great grandmother had them, and so did my great grandmother. He said that his visions stopped when he accepted Christianity and prayed for Jesus to take them away...
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."
Corporal misscrystal

Postby misscrystal on Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:47 am

Backglass wrote:

There's one or two :wink:
Corporal misscrystal

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:33 am

My friend lost his keys, this thread was the first thing I thought of.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:31 am

salvadevinemasse wrote:
Backglass wrote:

Salva-
Dear Salva;

At 'stache head quarters we have on staff full time, one of teh finest sarcasm detector service technicians in the world. If you are interested because you need assistance with your equipment. PM wicked for more information and a rate schedule.

Love
Dimes.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby salvadevinemasse on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:04 pm

2dimes wrote:
salvadevinemasse wrote:
Backglass wrote:

Salva-
Dear Salva;

At 'stache head quarters we have on staff full time, one of teh finest sarcasm detector service technicians in the world. If you are interested because you need assistance with your equipment. PM wicked for more information and a rate schedule.

Love
Dimes.

umm Last I knew wicked didnt like me what was it she called me again? A post whore or something like that. I had over 200 posts and 1 game.. apparently its a crime to love talking more then playing these days? Who knows. My sarcasim is just fine on its own but thank you for telling me I need a tutor as if I'm a kid in a dunce cap! I really do love that feeling after getting yelled at by a client or two. Nothing is better then being yelled at online too in its own whitty way!
Love Salva-

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,