Organizers: brandoncfi & dazoot
ONLY PREMIUM PLAYERS
Map Blaster V: The Wrath of Agrona
brought to you by brandoncfi and dazoot
In the universe peace has been the rule for the past 2 decades. Millions of Worlds have been living in harmony under the rule of MBIV Lisbon101. But one day in a distant, little known planet a priest began to worship a long forgotten goddess. She gave him powers that he never knew existed...Powers of persuasion, strength, and intelligence. Soon he amassed a powerful army of religious warriors that brought destruction across the universe. Their next planet to conquer...is yours!
160+ players to start this tourney
All players will be randomly placed into a group of eight players. There will be 15 starting groups. This round is a qualifying round. All groups will receive 30 games to play. All games will be made in order [Example: Group 1 will get 8 Thoughts-Classic Shapes, then group 2 will get Conquer 4-Hong Kong and so on until I have to start again). All thirty games will be played at once. The top four players from each group will automatically qualify for round one of the MBV tourney. This leaves 4 remaining "wild card" spots open. I will choose the four players that get the wild card spots. The total amount of player for round 1 will be 64.
This round will have eight groups of eight players for a total of 64 players. Each group will play 80 games at once the top 4 scorers will move on to round two. Players will be seeded according to their total points from the qualifying round.
This round will have 4 groups of 8 players for a total of 32 players. Each group will play 100 games at once. The top 4 scorers from each group will move on to round 3
This round will have 2 groups of 8 players for a total of 16 players. Each group will play 120 games at once. The top 4 scorers will move on to the Final Round
This round will have 1 group of eight elite players. They will battle it out in over 130+(estimate) games To see who can fight of the religious warriors of Agrona
Winner receives 10 points
2nd (last player eliminated) gets 7 points
3rd gets 6 points
4th gets 5 points
5th gets 4 points
6th gets 3 points
7th gets 2 points
8th (first player eliminated) gets 1 point
Scoring in an Objective Game were someone wins by objective
Winner 10 points
All Othes 4 points
Obviously winning by objective would be a good thing in a close race
In the case of a tie the player with the most amount of game wins will move on
if they have the same amount of wins then a bonus match will be play. It will be a best of three match and they games will be random
1. You must attack at least 1 opponent and receive at least 1 card on every map. If you fail to do this your score for that map is void and you will received 0 points for that map
1a. Please report this to a scorekeeper if this occurs in your group
2. Once you have received a batch of games they must be joined within 48 hours after receiving the PM or you will be replaced by an alternate
3. All alliances must be made public
I reserved the right to change any of the above rules and game play as I see fit. If I do change anything I will post those changes here
1. There has been an addition to the scoring section 3.02.09
2. I have changes the total number of players for the qualifying round to 120 players 3.03.09
3. I added a scores section at the top of the page
4. add this statement to round 1. This round will have eight groups of eight players for a total of 64 players. Each group will play 80 games at once the top 4 scorers will move on to round two. Players will be seeded according to their total points from the qualifying round.
O PANTELIS SAS
Don Juaquin Activated
Previous Map Blaster Winners
TaCktiX wrote:I'm in. MBIV was a blast, don't see why not MBV.
Hath wrote:Thanks for a great tournament. It was a great one to be my first tourney win.
Qualifying Round Groups
O PANTELIS SAS