Conquer Club

Preliminary Reviews

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Preliminary Reviews

Postby MrBenn on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:33 pm

In case you missed it, the Drafting Room and early stages of map development have been hammered into a more solid shape. With the tinkering, and to bring more clarity to the preliminary stages of development, I have decided to phase out the use of the [Advanced Draft] stamp. With this in mind - and on the back of Oaktown's idea of introducing final reviews for maps at the end of the foundry production line) - I would be interested in soliciting more input from the CC family at the point when a working draft is launched into the heat of the Main Foundry...

Therefore, I plan to set up a preliminary review mailing list... Anybody and everybody who would like to be involved in the initial review of maps as they are put on the production line will will receive a PM linking them to newly promoted map(s) once they have been stamped with the foundry brand!

If you would like to be included in future public review announcement PMs just post here in this thread, and I'll put together a mailing list
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Re: Preliminary Reviews

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:39 pm

im in, but would the maps that already have advanced stamps just loose them or be put in the main foundry
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby sailorseal on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:39 pm

ME!
Cook sailorseal

Postby bryguy on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:39 pm

I think that this is a great idea :)

I would love to be included in future public review announcement PMs :)
Corporal bryguy

Postby TaCktiX on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:39 pm

MrBenn wrote:In case you missed it, the Drafting Room and early stages of map development have been hammered into a more solid shape. With the tinkering, and to bring more clarity to the preliminary stages of development, I have decided to phase out the use of the [Advanced Draft] stamp. With this in mind - and on the back of Oaktown's idea of introducing final reviews for maps at the end of the foundry production line) - I would be interested in soliciting more input from the CC family at the point when a working draft is launched into the heat of the Main Foundry...

Therefore, I plan to set up a preliminary review mailing list... Anybody and everybody who would like to be involved in the initial review of maps as they are put on the production line will will receive a PM linking them to newly promoted map(s) once they have been stamped with the foundry brand!

If you would like to be included in future public review announcement PMs just post here in this thread, and I'll put together a mailing list

I would prefer that the differentiator not be removed. The Newsletter has always managed to shed light on newer maps while not ending up with a slew of to-be-discontinued maps to worry about, and it's made possible by being able to objectively say "Advanced Draft is criteria". If you could keep the same idea around but retool it for the "preliminary review", I'd be most appreciative.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:47 pm

I'd love to be on that list.

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby RjBeals on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:13 pm

MrBenn wrote: I would be interested in soliciting more input from the CC family at the point when a working draft is launched into the heat of the Main Foundry...

So this is a main foundry thing? I guess this is more my style. You can add me to this list Benn.
Private RjBeals

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:07 am

if you need i can help!
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:21 am

thenobodies80 wrote:if you need i can help!
ditto
Major WidowMakers

Postby MrBenn on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:35 am

The first PM has been sent:
MrBenn wrote:shakeycat's Vancouver Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge public support, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby cairnswk on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:21 pm

please yes...me
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby MrBenn on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:57 pm

MrBenn wrote:samuelc812's Poland Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge public support, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby sailorseal on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Just as fun as jurys =D>
Good idea!
Cook sailorseal

Postby tlane on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:33 pm

can i get in please
Private tlane

Postby john9blue on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Cool, I'll do this thing. 8-)
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby MrBenn on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:13 pm

MrBenn wrote:lzrman's Conquer Mart Map is currently stickied as an Advanced Draft. In order to gauge public support, and to help determine whether the map is ready to advance to the main foundry, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby oaktown on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:00 am

i'll join your list if you join mine! :D
Captain oaktown

Postby MrBenn on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:28 pm

MrBenn wrote:LED ZEPPELINER's Treasure Map is currently stickied as an Advanced Draft. In order to gauge public support, and to help determine whether or not the map is ready to advance to the main foundry, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby MrBenn on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:59 am

MrBenn wrote:Jamaica by cairnswk, and Long Island by LED ZEPPELINER have just moved into the Main Foundry. In order to help their development, and as a measure of ongoing public support, I would be grateful for more critiques and initial reviews.
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby MrBenn on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:35 pm

MrBenn wrote:Beko the Great's First Crusade Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge public support, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:43 pm

MrBenn wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Jamaica by cairnswk, and Long Island by LED ZEPPELINER have just moved into the Main Foundry. In order to help their development, and as a measure of ongoing public support, I would be grateful for more critiques and initial reviews.

aren't maps usually called to priliminary review before they make it into the main foundry? and thank you
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:27 pm

LED ZEPPELINER wrote:aren't maps usually called to priliminary review before they make it into the main foundry? and thank you

Not always. Anyway this system seems to be working very well, as there is a large influx in comments on any map linked in one of these PMs.

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby MrBenn on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

MrBenn wrote:the.killing.44's Greenland Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge public support, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby ustus on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:47 pm

ooo! ooo!! i'm in i'm in!!! i wanna help!
Corporal ustus

Postby MrBenn on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:48 am

MrBenn wrote:Pamoa's Austerlitz Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge public support, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn

Next

Return to Foundry Discussions