Instructions: How to Install BOB!

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderators: Tech Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby lancehoch on Mon May 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Tools > Greasemonkey > Manage User Scripts...
On the left column, highlight Conquer Club - BOB and at the bottom in the middle is a button that says "Uninstall"
Lieutenant lancehoch
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:13 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby XIUYAN1 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:42 am

Get an idea, I think perhaps the will,good luck!!!!!
New Recruit XIUYAN1
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:05 am

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby anyrose on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Is there a BOB for Safari on MaOSX?
User avatar
Cook anyrose
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: at my computer
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:48 am

anyrose wrote:Is there a BOB for Safari on MaOSX?


Nope.

I don't have a mac or safari - so I wouldn't be able to code it - even if I wanted to.

You can get Firefox for the Mac.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby tjoveture99 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:31 pm

I used to write procedures in my State of CA accounting job, which also involved reading the old ones! Your instructions on'How to install Bob' are well written and concise! I had no problem following them. Excellent work, Misterman 1.0!! And kudos to yeti _c for writibg it!
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class tjoveture99
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:20 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby zeros on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:17 pm

Does 'BOB' and the Greasemonkey we are talking of, all work with Firefox 2? I've had a lot of trouble with FF3 so I'd prefer not to use it until it is properly sorted out.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zeros
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:07 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby AllenFi$t on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Thank you
Image
User avatar
Sergeant AllenFi$t
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Phoenixville, PA, USA
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby Abedigwig on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Does it matter what OS you are using. I use a mac OSX and I have followed the instructions step by step with no results. Any thoughts?
Lieutenant Abedigwig
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:25 pm
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby lancehoch on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Abedigwig wrote:Does it matter what OS you are using. I use a mac OSX and I have followed the instructions step by step with no results. Any thoughts?

OS does not matter. You cannot be using Safari though. Do you have the latest version of Firefox and Greasemonkey?
Lieutenant lancehoch
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:13 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby evilweasel8 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:06 am

were do i go for help with BOb, i have tried posting in general and told wrong forum, i have tried bob bug reports with no response for 3 days now, i have tried private message to Yeti who takes care of bob with no response could someone please help me out here?
User avatar
Corporal evilweasel8
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 am
Location: Alberta, Canada
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby evilweasel8 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:32 am

evilweasel8 wrote:were do i go for help with BOb, i have tried posting in general and told wrong forum, i have tried bob bug reports with no response for 3 days now, i have tried private message to Yeti who takes care of bob with no response could someone please help me out here?

what the problem is that when i enable bob and go into a game the troop numbers are doubled on the screen, like a mirror image, only the troops though, so if a territory has 2 it shows 2 2 with a space so it does not look like 22(twenty two) any thiughts what i need to do to make work right, i tried un-installing 3 times and redoing the process but same results each time please help i need my BOB :cry: :cry: :(
User avatar
Corporal evilweasel8
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 am
Location: Alberta, Canada
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby lancehoch on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:33 am

evilweasel8 wrote:
evilweasel8 wrote:were do i go for help with BOb, i have tried posting in general and told wrong forum, i have tried bob bug reports with no response for 3 days now, i have tried private message to Yeti who takes care of bob with no response could someone please help me out here?

what the problem is that when i enable bob and go into a game the troop numbers are doubled on the screen, like a mirror image, only the troops though, so if a territory has 2 it shows 2 2 with a space so it does not look like 22(twenty two) any thiughts what i need to do to make work right, i tried un-installing 3 times and redoing the process but same results each time please help i need my BOB :cry: :cry: :(

Try the alignment settings under Map Settings.
Lieutenant lancehoch
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:13 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby evilweasel8 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:54 pm

I tried the map alignment options as you mentioned, sure that works but the settings always reset every time a guy switches games, there must be a way to prevent from having to do that every time i enter a game, never had this problem with my old pc that was 5 years old, just now after re-building my add-ons like bob and clickies and glmaprank any ideas what the root cause of the problem? any other tricks up your sleeve on how to remedy this problem?
User avatar
Corporal evilweasel8
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 am
Location: Alberta, Canada
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby lancehoch on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:01 pm

evilweasel8 wrote:I tried the map alignment options as you mentioned, sure that works but the settings always reset every time a guy switches games, there must be a way to prevent from having to do that every time i enter a game, never had this problem with my old pc that was 5 years old, just now after re-building my add-ons like bob and clickies and glmaprank any ideas what the root cause of the problem? any other tricks up your sleeve on how to remedy this problem?

Check how many instances of BOB you have downloaded. If you have more than one, delete the extras. If you only have one, you might want to delete it anyway and reinstall it. Another thing to try is, turn off Greasemonkey and see if that helps. Try turning on each script one by one to see what causes it.
Lieutenant lancehoch
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:13 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby evilweasel8 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:25 pm

thanks for insight, as i have been searching the forum to related problem and i came across a post saying that a guy has to adjust map setting with bob running, referring to the left and top pixels(map settings) I tried that today and yesterday and everytime you left the map, the setting went back to the double vision....however i uninstalled all 3 add ons and even greasemonkey, i re-installed 1 at a time with the same results but what makes this time different to the rest is the fact that i can adjust the pixel settings(left/top) on a particular map and this time the defult is rememberd sort of speak, so bottom line is i may have to adjust map settings any time i play a map that i have not adjusted before but at the least it saves this time, for example i defiantly know my settings need to be left5 top11 so if you never adjusted that map before that should be the only time it has to be done until eventually you have adjusted all the maps you play, i hope this method holds out and thanks for the response.
User avatar
Corporal evilweasel8
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 am
Location: Alberta, Canada
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby lancehoch on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:46 pm

evilweasel8 wrote:thanks for insight, as i have been searching the forum to related problem and i came across a post saying that a guy has to adjust map setting with bob running, referring to the left and top pixels(map settings) I tried that today and yesterday and everytime you left the map, the setting went back to the double vision....however i uninstalled all 3 add ons and even greasemonkey, i re-installed 1 at a time with the same results but what makes this time different to the rest is the fact that i can adjust the pixel settings(left/top) on a particular map and this time the defult is rememberd sort of speak, so bottom line is i may have to adjust map settings any time i play a map that i have not adjusted before but at the least it saves this time, for example i defiantly know my settings need to be left5 top11 so if you never adjusted that map before that should be the only time it has to be done until eventually you have adjusted all the maps you play, i hope this method holds out and thanks for the response.

Try opening a map in a tournament. I think the heading from the tournament might throw off your adjustments.
Lieutenant lancehoch
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:13 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby evilweasel8 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:30 pm

I have concluded all my experiments with this adjust map thing, i went into one of my tourney games and the setting were still there for me, after my last reply i did a total shut down & rebooted 20 minutes later to see if i would have to do any adjusting, all settings were there still in reference to my original dilemma, i currently have 20+ games on the go with about 15 maps, all settings stayed for them aswell, none of this worked yesterday so I'll take it, i think the worst case is that any map that i play in the future i will have to adjust once and hopefully it stays, if anything else happens i be sure to post
User avatar
Corporal evilweasel8
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 am
Location: Alberta, Canada
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby Commander62890 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:52 am

I installed greasemonkey and enabled it. Then, I installed BOB, which appeared to be fine, but when I click "manage user scripts" in order to enable it, there was nothing there. How can I enable BOB if I can't find it?
User avatar
Major Commander62890
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:52 pm
Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby lancehoch on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Commander62890 wrote:I installed greasemonkey and enabled it. Then, I installed BOB, which appeared to be fine, but when I click "manage user scripts" in order to enable it, there was nothing there. How can I enable BOB if I can't find it?

If you right-click on the monkey image, what is the first line on the dropdown menu?
Lieutenant lancehoch
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:13 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby Commander62890 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:16 pm

hey, sorry about the wait, lance. It says no scripts installed. I installed it and saved it to my computer. The problem is that i cant open it after i save it.
When i try to open it, there's a popup with an X. It says that the "Error" is "object expected." and the "Source" is "Microsoft JScript runtime error." I suck with computers... any help would be appreciated but i understand that there isnt much u can do
User avatar
Major Commander62890
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:52 pm
Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Instructions: How to Install BOB!

Postby chipv on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:43 am

Locked.
User avatar
Colonel chipv
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:30 pm
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (1)
General Contribution (10)

Previous

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bergy1

Login