Conquer Club

[Rules] Don't Award Points to Deadbeat / Kicked Partners

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby zimmah on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:26 am

greenoaks wrote:no way, you are a team and should all share in the spoils.

yes but if someone deadbeats, he/she doesn't want to be in the team anymore and therefore is obviously not to be considered part of the team IMHO
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:14 am

zimmah wrote:
greenoaks wrote:no way, you are a team and should all share in the spoils.

yes but if someone deadbeats, he/she doesn't want to be in the team anymore and therefore is obviously not to be considered part of the team IMHO

so in your opinion someone who plays 50 rounds without missing a turn, eliminates 3 out of the 4 from the other team and then, due to the length of the game misses 3 turns in a row while on holidays should get no points whatsoever.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby jennifermarie on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:16 am

I'd be for this idea if the team mate never took a turn.

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, I'm just having problems finding it.
Private 1st Class jennifermarie

Postby crzyblue on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:39 am

some people may use this as a tactic to win.... quad game, deadbeat so your team gets your terr. and more armies per turn.... like on age of might... if 2 players dead beat then the other 2 players get 10 a turn instead of 5.... if it lasts that long lol.
Sergeant 1st Class crzyblue

Postby Forza AZ on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:52 pm

crzyblue wrote:some people may use this as a tactic to win.... quad game, deadbeat so your team gets your terr. and more armies per turn.... like on age of might... if 2 players dead beat then the other 2 players get 10 a turn instead of 5.... if it lasts that long lol.

You can't play Quadruples on Age Of Might (max. 6 players). ;)
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:06 pm

jennifermarie wrote:I'd be for this idea if the team mate never took a turn.

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, I'm just having problems finding it.

I agree.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby crzyblue on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Forza AZ wrote:
crzyblue wrote:some people may use this as a tactic to win.... quad game, deadbeat so your team gets your terr. and more armies per turn.... like on age of might... if 2 players dead beat then the other 2 players get 10 a turn instead of 5.... if it lasts that long lol.

You can't play Quadruples on Age Of Might (max. 6 players). ;)

I'm curious now, someone setup a quad on the map and find out what happens :P

Nevermind found out what happens
Sergeant 1st Class crzyblue

Postby Frederique on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Yeah I meant it when they dead beat in the beginning of the game. I dont see how this can be an atvantage since there is hardly anything to start with. Especially with escalating the different between 3 players getting cards and 4 players getting cards, is huge already.
Private 1st Class Frederique

Postby edwinissweet on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:23 pm

i would like to say that i think you are hot.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby demon7896 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:39 pm

on that note, i don't think that deadbeat teammates should be able to give their armies to their teammates. it should at least be an option, and it could become a cheating strategy
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY ENEMIES...
CAUSE I SURE AS HELL WON'T!
Private demon7896

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:29 pm

That would be a horrible cheating strategy, which is probably why it isn't done.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

DEADBEATERS. SHOULD THEY GET ANY POINTS?

Postby Bolbs on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Is it really fair that deadbeaters get a share of the points if the team still ends up winning? Equally is it fair that players lose the same points as the deadbeaters although the deadbeaters obviously contributed massively to the loss.

In game 1521521, BOTH my partners have deadbeated, and yet I have still managed to set up a winning position. I feel aggrieved that they are gonna get a share of the points even though they could easily have cost us the game.

Do you agree?
Scoreboard
# Username Score Games Completed Games Won Rank Feedback Country
29 Bolbs........3036..........402................256.(64%)..Brigadier....60-0.....United Kingdom
Colonel Bolbs

Postby jennifermarie on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:32 pm

This has been suggested before. Please search before posting a new suggestion, and also use the form. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Private 1st Class jennifermarie

Postby wcaclimbing on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:58 pm

IT DOESN'T HELP TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS. IT IS ANNOYING. IT WONT GET YOU ANY MORE POSITIVE SUPPORT, JUST PEOPLE COMPLAINING THAT YOU WROTE IN ALL CAPS.

-seriously, all caps is really annoying...
Yes, I agree that deadbeats should not get points, but NO, dont write in all caps.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby blackraptor58 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:04 pm

if deadbeatds dont do anything WHY do they get points. its like free points
Sergeant 1st Class blackraptor58

no points awarded to deadbeats in team games

Postby Dardobul on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:11 am

Concise description:
  • in team games, deadbeats can win points if the remaining member/s of their team win the game. I think the points should be split between the non-deadbeating players.

Specifics:
  • I just finished a quadruples game where one of my opponents deadbeated. His team went on to win the game (we were *a bit* outranked :D ) and the deadbeat was awarded points! I dont see why it should be possible for someone to win points if they haven't put in the work. Elimination is different, team members that are eliminated SHOULD still get points(could be sacrificing themselves for the team), just the ones that dont play "to the end" should be affected. in a team game with a deadbeat on the winning team, the points should be awarded/distributed as follows:
    1.sum up points of remaining players on winning team and losing team(including any deadbeats).
    2.multiply winning team's total by the number of players on their opponents' team, divided by the number of people in their team.
    3. work out score assignments normally from there

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • it will stop people from freeloading points off other team members. Its not like I feel I was cheated out of points, its just unfair!

P.S. i did read through the gameplay sections of the suggestions box, so i hope this isn't a multiple thrad! if it is feel free to delete it mods!
Corporal Dardobul

Re: no points awarded to deadbeats in team games

Postby oVo on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:40 am

Your game went 10 Rounds, so the deadbeat lieutenant was present for most of the match.

You can rate him accordingly.
Major oVo

Postby Dardobul on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:26 am

i did, but i don't see why someone who can't be bothered to finish the game should still reap the rewards. As i said, its not because i personally feel cheated, it just seems unfair to my other opponents that they get the same share as someone who was prepared to let them do all the work. if the other three had had the same idea, or even if just one of the others had the same idea, my team would have probably won the match.
Corporal Dardobul

Postby Joodoo on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:39 am

1.I think in some rare situations deadbeating in team games is for a strategic purpose (especially for escalating)
2.if we don't count the deadbeat for awarding points, then the point distribution might be uneven...
ex.Player A,B, and C (Team 1) lost a triples game to Player D, E, and F (Team 2). However, Player F was a deadbeat. The players in Team 1 lost 51 points in total (17 from each player). If your suggestion was applied, then Player D would get 26 points and Player E would get 25 points...
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby lmac on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 am

if you have a deadbeat partner and they get kicked out for missing too many turns, and you lose the game they should take the hit for points, the person(s)who stay in the game shouldnt lose any....
Cook lmac

Postby pmwfilm on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:34 pm

My doubles partner NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE ROUND! He was kicked in R3. I went on to win 2v1 (i will next round.- https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=4558055) and he is still going to get points for o 0% attendance game. BULL SHIT!
Cadet pmwfilm

Deadbeats in doubles games should not earn Points.

Postby earthen on Sun May 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Concise description:
    I've just finished a doubles game "4784296" where my partner never played one single turn. but i still managed to win the game. but I was shocked to see after the game that he still got awarded the same amount of points that i did. I think this should be changed. I do not think it's fair that he should get points for basically messing up a game.

I under stand that some one could miss a few turns and that's ok but if it get to the point where they get kicked out of the game for missing to many turns then in a double's game I think all points should go to the winner. of course in a singles game this would not matter.
Major earthen

Re: Deadbeats in doubles games should not earn Points.

Postby 4myGod on Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 am

I agree. I didn't know they got points, I automatically assumed they didn't.
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod

Postby earthen on Wed May 20, 2009 9:51 pm

well if you look at the game i have post you'll see that my partner never made one move in that game and still he got 47 points for it! :roll:
Major earthen

Postby broncojd78 on Fri May 22, 2009 1:33 pm

a similar thing happened to me. my partner played the first couple rounds but in the end got booted. i was surprised to see he got points.

i would also vote that if you are booted from a game, you should not get points.

i do see, however, how that could pose a problem in programming. i don't know how hard it would be to fix. but i certainly support correction.
Sergeant broncojd78

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions