Conquer Club

Bias in the Media, LOL

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Bias in the Media, LOL

Postby captain.crazy on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:58 am

pimpdave wrote: But don't be so naive as to think both sides don't play the same game.

That's funny... this is exactly how I see you.
wake up. This is the end game.

Join our conspiracy clan!
Lieutenant captain.crazy

Postby pimpdave on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:04 am

captain.crazy wrote:
pimpdave wrote: But don't be so naive as to think both sides don't play the same game.

And yet you barely know me. Seeing as you only joined a couple weeks ago...
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby captain.crazy on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:13 am

pimpdave wrote:
captain.crazy wrote:

And yet you barely know me. Seeing as you only joined a couple weeks ago...

Good point. But since you seem to rail against Rush, Hannity and Beck while seeming to have nothing but praise for Rick Sanchez and John Stewart. I haven't seen it yet, but I am sure that you are hard for Keith Obermann and Rachel Maddow too.

Its fine. I am just pointing out that, while you seem to have a "Slobbering" love affair with the right wing media. But you could be right. Show me a link that you have posted in the last couple of weeks, since I have been here, where you lambasted a left wing pundit. It is entirely possible that I have misjudged you and am completely wrong. But from what I have seen, all you do is praise the left wing media, while condemn the right, which really makes you no better than that which you are railing against.

Lieutenant captain.crazy

Postby Snorri1234 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am

"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby captain.crazy on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:06 am

Was that supposed to be funny?

Lieutenant captain.crazy

Postby b.k. barunt on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 am

I got a chuckle or two from it.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:13 am

... That's what liberals think conservatives believe.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:16 am

no that's what conservatives think liberals think conservatives believe.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:20 am

... Yeah, that, too. The stupid ones.

Postby b.k. barunt on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:36 pm

You mean the majority of them, amirite?

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:You mean the majority of them, amirite?

Honibaz

... urrong. Not the ones I know, anyway. Around here it's mostly tax and spending issues pissing people off. (Hardcore social conservatives are another sort).

... The cartoon is telling, as that really is what liberals think goes on in the minds of conservatives... (?) (not a liberal, so can't be sure). Seems rather typical for its arrogance. WE know what's going on, unlike those uneducated bible-thumping hillbillies, and all that.

Postby b.k. barunt on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Ummm, the cartoon does say "meanwhile at the secret 'liberal' headquarters" - what am i missing here?

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Nobunaga on Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:27 pm

... sarcasm?

Postby F1fth on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Nobunaga wrote:... sarcasm?

No, just lots and lots of ellipses. ;)
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby Snorri1234 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Nobunaga wrote:... The cartoon is telling, as that really is what liberals think goes on in the minds of conservatives... (?) (not a liberal, so can't be sure). Seems rather typical for its arrogance. WE know what's going on, unlike those uneducated bible-thumping hillbillies, and all that.

?

Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby pimpdave on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:33 am

Here's some no bias media. This is straight fly on the wall reporting.

This is what they REALLY BELIEVE

Book burning... Those brainwashing books.

Congratulations Glenn Beck. Your message is working wonders.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Nobunaga on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:47 am

... Social conservatives.

Postby captain.crazy on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:15 am

pimpdave wrote:Here's some no bias media. This is straight fly on the wall reporting.

This is what they REALLY BELIEVE

Book burning... Those brainwashing books.

Congratulations Glenn Beck. Your message is working wonders.

I happen to think those folks are right... even to the point of burning the books. Its not to say that I do not believe in evolution, indeed, I do, and I see it as the method that God uses to build and perfect species.

I voted for Chuck Baldwin, a simpler government that is constrained by the constitution is in order. I like the Libertarian Party, I just thing that Bob Barr is not the guy to lead it.

The points about Communism infiltrating our schools, and the brainwashing of America, well, I think that you are a perfect example of a mindless drone that continues on talking about media bias, yet never bothering to exploit the fact that the left is as bad, if not worse than the right. I know for a fact that school books in public schools are being re-written in ways that distort and slant towards a preference to Islam and I know that there is little to no room for offering a voice for the creationism theory. If the science community is so open minded, why not let people decide for themselves what they wish to believe.

Thanks Dave, again for demonstrating that you are a communist sympathizer, that offers no constructive viewpoint, just a side liner, sitting there pointing and laughing at people that can see that see that our country has just gone from bad to worse, and are rallying to do something about it.

This April 15th, I urge everyone of you to attend a tea party.

Lieutenant captain.crazy

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:56 am

... Those "Burn the Book!" folks are to Conservatives, what poor inner-city, never made it past the 8th-grade folks are to the Liberals.

... Uneducated and ignorant but, unfortunately, a large voting block.

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:56 am

captain.crazy wrote:I happen to think those folks are right... even to the point of burning the books. Its not to say that I do not believe in evolution, indeed, I do, and I see it as the method that God uses to build and perfect species.

I voted for Chuck Baldwin, a simpler government that is constrained by the constitution is in order. I like the Libertarian Party, I just thing that Bob Barr is not the guy to lead it.

The points about Communism infiltrating our schools, and the brainwashing of America, well, I think that you are a perfect example of a mindless drone that continues on talking about media bias, yet never bothering to exploit the fact that the left is as bad, if not worse than the right. I know for a fact that school books in public schools are being re-written in ways that distort and slant towards a preference to Islam and I know that there is little to no room for offering a voice for the creationism theory. If the science community is so open minded, why not let people decide for themselves what they wish to believe.

Thanks Dave, again for demonstrating that you are a communist sympathizer, that offers no constructive viewpoint, just a side liner, sitting there pointing and laughing at people that can see that see that our country has just gone from bad to worse, and are rallying to do something about it.

This April 15th, I urge everyone of you to attend a tea party.

I would reply to this, but it's a too epic trollpost.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:01 am

captain.crazy wrote: If the science community is so open minded, why not let people decide for themselves what they wish to believe.

They do, but Creationists deny proofs they find inconvenient and meanwhile complain about "media bias" whilst refusing to submit anything to any reputable journal.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:08 am

I loved being quoted at the beginning of this thread.

Seeing as how the "Fox is biased" people have posted links, here are some counter-links (really, "counter-links" should be a real word):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m9Gbb6NSwM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpDv1vTrPUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vazP15Bi ... PL&index=1

This last one is an entire playlist on Keith Olbermann. While the poster put these videos up there to praise Olbermann (and, surely, the dude can speak), they are indicative of his radical views on what President Bush was actually up to. For a really big idiot, President Bush sure had some crazy sh*t going down (at least according to Mr. Olbermann).

I'm not sure what this thread is trying to argue. I agree that Fox News is biased. I also point out that other news outlets, in this case MSNBC, are also biased. The difference is that people generally acknowledge that Fox News is biased. People generally do not understand that MSNBC is biased as well. That's why I encourage, and will continue to encourage, people to listen to and watch a variety of news outlets.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:28 pm

thegreekdog wrote: For a really big idiot, President Bush sure had some crazy sh*t going down (at least according to Mr. Olbermann).

Bush is nor was an idiot, he was just frightingly focused on his own worldview which does not agree with the real world and dismissed everything that didn't agree with that worldview. It's not truly the same as idiocy in the sense that he is intelligent but in the sense that he doesn't let any information convince him of how wrong he is.

Which is probably why he's a creationist.

Private Snorri1234

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote: For a really big idiot, President Bush sure had some crazy sh*t going down (at least according to Mr. Olbermann).

Bush is nor was an idiot, he was just frightingly focused on his own worldview which does not agree with the real world and dismissed everything that didn't agree with that worldview. It's not truly the same as idiocy in the sense that he is intelligent but in the sense that he doesn't let any information convince him of how wrong he is.

I was attempting (apparently poorly) to make a joke and/or be ironic. I just find it interesting that the same people who call President Bush an idiot, also tend to be the same people who think he is a nefarious man with many interwoven plots to ruin the world. Being an idiot and a nefarious super villain are pretty much mutually exclusive.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:39 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:

I was attempting (apparently poorly) to make a joke and/or be ironic. I just find it interesting that the same people who call President Bush an idiot, also tend to be the same people who think he is a nefarious man with many interwoven plots to ruin the world. Being an idiot and a nefarious super villain are pretty much mutually exclusive.

The comically used images and jokes about bush being a monkey are silly. What people mean by calling him an idiot is that he's completely obvlious to real world shit. When something that proves his worldview is twisted and simplistic he tends to ignore it. He's an idiot, not dumb.

Private Snorri1234

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,