This tournament will be a little bit different and it's my first.
To sign up for this tournament, you don't have to be premium, but you must have a turn taken percentage of 95% or higher and you must have a rank. In essence, no ? please. You will only need one game slot at a time.
I'm looking for 24 flag bearers and 4 reserves.
The top 4 players will advance to 2nd Round. After that, the top 1/2 will advance until the finals, from which 1 winner will be declared!
The top player from each round 1 game gets to pick their next map.
The first game will be 6 players, Second round 4 players. Semis and Finals: 4 players.
All games will be Standard, Sequential, Escalating, Chained, and Sunny.
The goal in these games will not necessarily be to win (though I'm sure you want to do that too!) but to own a particular territory or "Flag" for as long as possible. The first round will be played on maps with easily accessible areas. The territory in question will get harder to attain as the games progress. Take the territory: get a point. Lose the territory: lose a point. Start your turn with the territory: 2 points.
Please indicate when signing up which of the round 1 maps you would like to start on.
Round 1 (24 players) will be played on:
Supermax: Prison Riot and the territory you need to hold is the Hammer.
8 Thoughts and the territory in question will be Reason
Chinese Checkers and the territory you need to hold is S.
CCU and the territory you need to hold is the Quad.
Round 2 (16 players) will be played on:
Draknor Level 1 and the territory you need to hold is the Great Hall
Siege! and the territory you need to hold is the Crown
Round 3 (8 players) will be played on:
Oasis and the territory you need to hold is Grand Oasis 1
Round 4 (4 players) will be played on:
Citadel and the territory you need to hold is the Parade Deck.
In Round 4, you only get 1 point for starting the turn with the Parade Deck (gain 2, but lose one because it starts as neutral).
Notes, rules and other stuff:
1. In case of a tie, the player who placed higher in the game will advance.
2. I will be checking on these games routinely, but it is conceivable I won't get to record every single point. Please post in game chat (NOT PM, that would be far too hard to keep track of) if you get a point or lose a point. I'm going to assume your opponents will keep you honest
3. The only time you will not get points is if you take the very first turn. If you start out on the flag territory, you will not get 2 points if it is the first turn in the game. If however you go second or third, etc. you still get the 2 points.
4. Up until the final round, it is conceivable to win without taking a Flag. If no one takes the Flag in any games, the winner advances. However, in the final game, the Flag must be taken to win! This means that if the game ends and the Flag has not been taken, we're going to do the final round over again until someone does.
5. I reserve the right to alter the rules until the tourney begins. If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to pm me. Once the tourney starts, no changes will be made.
Caution: I do not tolerate swearing or abusive language. There is simply no need to call another player stupid or attack them personally. Any player who does so in game chat will be disqualified from advancing. You get one warning. This is it.
8 Thoughts: FULL