Conquer Club

Terrorism 101 [Winner: ldybajc]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Terrorism 101 [Round 5 - 0/4 Simulations Completed]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:27 am

Update

The 4th round was completed quickly, and the 3 winners each rushed to claim their place in the finals! The finals have now commenced, and remember you don't HAVE to win all the games to win the tournament. But of course you'd better win some! Good luck!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Terrorism 101 [Round 5 - 0/4 Simulations Completed]

Postby ultraman on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:14 am

Ultraman takes the 1st game in the finals

acores2005 2nd
Idybajc 3rd
Lieutenant ultraman

Re: Terrorism 101 [Round 5 - 2/4 Simulations Completed]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:30 am

Update

The 2nd game of the finals, which took noticeably longer than the 1st, finally reached a close.

In the first simulation, ultraman took quick command of the situation, taking out ldybajc followed by acores2005.

Undaunted by the outcome, ldybajc made a comeback in the second simulation, taking down the very person that eliminated him in the earlier simulation, ultraman, and then taking out acores2005.

This places ldybajc and ultraman tied at the top of the table with 3 points apiece, from their individual victories, followed closely behind by acores2005 with 2 points, having come in 2nd twice.

With simulation number 3 underway, acores2005 could find his dream of becoming a world standard terrorist shattered should he come in last in this game, as a win in the last game would not be enough to catch up with the leader in any scenario. Will he take his first win of the finals here and propel himself to the top of the leaderboard, or manage to come in 2nd yet again to keep himself in the game? All that and more remains to be answered.

On the other side of the table, naturally both ldybajc and ultraman will be fighting to extend their lead on the others.

Good luck to all!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Terrorism 101 [Round 5 - 3/4 Simulations Completed]

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:32 am

Update

The last game ended with ldybajc taking the victory, shooting him forward to pole position with 6 points. Meanwhile acores2005 and ultraman trail behind at 3 points each.

In this last final game, both acores2005 and ultraman will have to desperately fight to possibly cause a tie with ldybajc. The only way this is possible is to ensure that ldybajc is eliminated first, and then go on to take the victory, thus causing a tiebreaker.

However in the event that ldybajc finishes off 1st or 2nd in the simulation, he will go on to be the ultimate Terrorist! But nonetheless, it's still anybody's tournament!

Good luck!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Terrorism 101 [Winner: ldybajc]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:12 am

Final Update

The gunfire has ceased, the bombing has stopped, and the sole surviving terrorist has escaped the scene of the crime.

In the chaos of the clouded warzone, ldybajc managed to clinch victory by eliminating ultraman and acores2005 from the scene, proving his supremacy over the terrorist organisation that they represented.

Currently, ldybajc is nowhere to be found, but after all, that's the way terrorist should be, and he sure learns fast. He has earned himself a contract with our terrorist agency, which commence as of today.

To all other terrorist wannabes who died in the selection process, your participation is deeply appreciated, making this selection process a thoroughly enjoyable (sadistically) one for our organisation. We hope to see you again... or not.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: *^Terrorism 101 [Winner: ldybajc]

Postby ultraman on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:19 am

Great tournament once again Anamainiacks. Sadly once again I make the finals and fall short. I look forward to the the next one
Lieutenant ultraman

Re: *^Terrorism 101 [Winner: ldybajc]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:09 am

Haha, I hate it when things like that happens! Talk about 'so close but yet so far'!

Glad you could participate (: As to my next tournament, I have nothing in plans yet XD haha, I don't think it'll adopt a similar format though, unless I get a nice theme (:

Hope to see you guys again :D
Colonel anamainiacks

Previous

Return to Completed 2009