Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Choosing ranks that may enter your games?????

Postby BaldAdonis on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:02 pm

This already exists. Go to callouts, find the thread with the level of players you wish to compete against, and find out what their standard password is. Make up some private games and post em in the thread.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby Thezzaruz on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:37 am

And in addition this suggestion is already on the "To-Do" list under "Rejected Ideas". -> Clicky for the old thread
In short, it was rejected in 2006 and has been again every time it has come up since and I'm sure it will be this time too.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby KoE_Sirius on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:20 am

Yeah this idea is open to Risk Snobbery. Any rank should be able to play any rank.The better player will prevail.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby AgentSmith88 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:02 pm

I don't think there should be a limit as to who can enter the game. However, there could be a dropdown in game finder that allows one to search for games with the rank one is looking for.

e.g. I want to play a 1v1 game against a captain. I can use the dropdown to narrow my search against all players waiting in a 1v1 game. Just a way to narrow searches further since there are so many games awaiting players.

Note: Anything below sgt. shouldn't be included so people can't go looking for noobs and bad players.
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Join the Officer's Mess usergroup :)
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby obliterationX on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:04 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Join the Officer's Mess usergroup :)

This.
Colonel obliterationX

Start A Game

Postby babagonosh on Mon May 04, 2009 10:13 pm

I like playing new people, but i dislike playing new people that deadbeat or are clueless.

In the section where you start a new game ... Would it be possible to add a rank limitation as one of the game options? So that those who would like t test their skill against more even ranked players can choose to do so.

Thx for reading this
babagonosh
Captain babagonosh

Re: Start A Game

Postby Night Strike on Mon May 04, 2009 10:21 pm

This has been rejected MANY, MANY times. Please do a forum search before making the suggestion. You can check out the Callouts forum for private ranked games and leagues.
Major Night Strike

Re: Blocking System

Postby THORNHEART on Thu May 28, 2009 7:25 pm

LOL KINDA FUNNY HE OUTRANKS YA ALL...LOL WONDER WHY YALL DONT WANT A BLOCKING SYSTEM LOL NOOBS!!!
Corporal THORNHEART

Postby sailorseal on Thu May 28, 2009 7:38 pm

THORNHEART wrote:LOL KINDA FUNNY HE OUTRANKS YA ALL...LOL WONDER WHY YALL DONT WANT A BLOCKING SYSTEM LOL NOOBS!!!

Please do not flame people for rejecting your suggestion on an online gaming site, it is just annoying
Cook sailorseal

Postby owenshooter on Thu May 28, 2009 7:50 pm

sailorseal wrote:
THORNHEART wrote:LOL KINDA FUNNY HE OUTRANKS YA ALL...LOL WONDER WHY YALL DONT WANT A BLOCKING SYSTEM LOL NOOBS!!!

Please do not flame people for rejecting your suggestion on an online gaming site, it is just annoying

please do not play mod in threads where you see violations, it is just annoying and doesn't get you closer to being a mod...-0

p.s.-busted players can never be mods.. ahem...
Last edited by owenshooter on Thu May 28, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby ManBungalow on Thu May 28, 2009 7:52 pm

You could play Private games with the ranks you're looking for, you could jump into the last spot of a game awaiting players (so you can see the rank of everyone who will be playing) or you could apply to join the Officer's Mess (find it on the Usergroup List, I can never get the usergroup individual pages to link :? ).

sailorseal wrote:

In all fairness, I'd take that as a flame-bait in some circumstances (sailorseal) :-^
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby lancehoch on Thu May 28, 2009 10:30 pm

owenshooter wrote:p.s.-busted players can never be mods.. ahem...

sailorseal was later cleared of all busts and blocks.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Artimis on Fri May 29, 2009 4:15 am

This suggestion has already been made in a variety of reworded guises, to name but a few:

Choosing ranks that may enter your games?????
Set Rank Limits for starting games.
cap on ranks
Minimum rank to join games option
Limiting Experience level of players in a new game.
Score Limit for joining a game *previously rejected*

One of them has already been marked *previously rejected*, you guys really need to do a post search before making a suggestion. Otherwise you end up with epic duplication like this.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby n00blet on Fri May 29, 2009 11:41 am

Artimis wrote:This suggestion has already been made in a variety of reworded guises, to name but a few:

Choosing ranks that may enter your games?????
Set Rank Limits for starting games.
cap on ranks
Minimum rank to join games option
Limiting Experience level of players in a new game.
Score Limit for joining a game *previously rejected*

One of them has already been marked *previously rejected*, you guys really need to do a post search before making a suggestion. Otherwise you end up with epic duplication like this.

Or epically duplicated posts....
InsomniaRed wrote:Pretty sure this has been and will be rejected.

Try using search or checking the To-Do List next time, it saves everyone the hassle ;)
Captain n00blet

Postby sully800 on Sat May 30, 2009 9:42 am

Deathwind wrote:Ok i like to play 1v1 but i was a captain and this moron joins my game and wins after I had the game basically cause of a cash of 3 cards I think.He was like a cadet and took so many points(46 to be exact) from me.I think there should be a thing so you can block like guys of a certain rank or lower from joining your game....please do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please explain why he was a moron? He had a lower rank than you, but beat you in a 1vs1 game where no one else can interfere or mess things up for you.

The scoreboard has a self-leveling feature for determining score. If you are a captain, and lose to a lot of people below you, then your captain rank was too high and you will obviously drop in score. If this drops your score too much, then you will start losing less and winning more which will bring your score back up. In the short run, this can cause a lot of fluctuation in score, but in the long run it starts to level you out on a "true" score for a given setting. If you can't maintain a certain score, that is no fault of the game engine or the score system or anything else. It just means your score was too high for the settings you wanted to play.
Major sully800

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Deathwind wrote:Ok i like to play 1v1 but i was a captain and this moron joins my game and wins after I had the game basically cause of a cash of 3 cards I think.He was like a cadet and took so many points(46 to be exact) from me.I think there should be a thing so you can block like guys of a certain rank or lower from joining your game....please do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're really as good as your rank suggests, then you should have nothing to fear from lower-ranked players. Don't be afraid!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 30, 2009 9:12 pm

owenshooter wrote:
sailorseal wrote:

please do not play mod in threads where you see violations, it is just annoying and doesn't get you closer to being a mod...-0

Surely he's not still...almost...a mod, is he?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby sailorseal on Sat May 30, 2009 9:19 pm

lancehoch wrote:
owenshooter wrote:p.s.-busted players can never be mods.. ahem...

sailorseal was later cleared of all busts and blocks.

Thanks lance :D
Mind if I make that my sig, there seems to be some question lately?

Wheres the lock?
Cook sailorseal

Postby BaldAdonis on Sat May 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Woodruff wrote:Surely he's not still...almost...a mod, is he?

I think he's as close as he will ever be.
Captain BaldAdonis

Rank Cared Public Games

Postby HardAttack on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Concise description: I would like to have an option to play 1800+ games without setting my game private one.
  • Inviting cooks, cadets, new recruits etc are considered to be farming, right ?
  • I dont like to play against cooks, cadets, and new recruits who dont have idea what to do, how to play etc. It doesnt give any taste.
  • Private games, dont fill quick and i am forced to play always same ppl to whom i PM and invite.
  • Callouts doesnt work or works partially cos of huge portion dont read them.
  • Cooks - cadets (mainly low ranks) with the current pointing system, plays careless, plays brave cos they have nothing to lose.... I am bothered and abused by them all. With the BS dice of this site, sometimes the skills all i put in a game come not enough and i lose 70 points against a cook. What the H is that ?
  • I am a customer, i am given to make private game option. For what ? To play against whomever i want, to set my games to be what ever rank minimum games i like..Right ? Then why dont you make it easier and practical ?
  • I am sure this similar suggestion has been made, and how many times it has been made is out of my care. I simply dont care cos i am angry. I will never understand or i dont want to understand what the businesss strategy there lies behind it. I am not happy. Because low ranks are more in number, then their wishes come prior ? WTF is that. They have chance to improve themselves. Who prevents it ....

Specifics:
  • I want public minimum rank defineable games. Only players who meets the conditions will be able to join in.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Obvious it is.
  • Dont fool me.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Re: Rank Cared Public Games

Postby SultanOfSurreal on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 pm

HardAttack wrote:This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Obvious it is.
  • Dont fool me.

i think this might be the greatest combination of words ever conceived
Private SultanOfSurreal

Postby HardAttack on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:58 pm

SultanOfSurreal wrote:
HardAttack wrote:This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Obvious it is.
  • Dont fool me.

i think this might be the greatest combination of words ever conceived

It is not the problem that how great combination of my words are Mr. Sharp Brain. What kinda addition you put in this thread with your observation statement ?
Dont abuse the thread and use it in the way it is supposed to be dear Mr. Sharp
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:07 pm

This has been rejected many times over.....it's not a new suggestion.
Major Night Strike

Postby HardAttack on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Night Strike wrote:This has been rejected many times over.....it's not a new suggestion.

Would you tell me some reasonable explanation please ?
I really care to know and understand....
And also, why then there is officer call outs ? 2000+ call outs ?
Just curious.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions