Conquer Club

The Foundry Newsletter: 19th Issue

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Foundry Newsletter: 19th Issue

Postby TaCktiX on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:21 am

Greetings!

It be our 19th issue, a week and a half late. Nothing like a college senior capstone course in engineering to utterly annihilate my free time, in addition to my sleep schedule, mental reserves, and amount of patience. It was pretty bad, but I'm done with it now, and I shall graduate in a week and a half's time! But enough about me, we have an issue to look at, don't we? Maps has all of the usual trappings, save two current Advanced Drafts that missed our cutoff. They'll be there next issue, promise. The.killing.44 has written our editorial, speaking of the difficulty of developing two maps at once (and to think cairns did five...miss the guy I do). The Spotlight looks at Long Island with LED ZEPPELINER, while A Look Back has RjBeals and WidowMakers tag-teaming about Midgard. Finally, WCA's Tablet has all of the "flare and spice" responses he got. We're hoping to get more in future "contests," so participate as you can!

Standing tall, feeling fine,
TaCktiX
PM me if you want to know what the tagline means

In this section we cover every map presently in development. Each map is accompanied by a brief description of the map's theme, graphics, and gameplay, as well as what's been happening in the last couple of weeks. Finally, a link to each topic, the map's creator(s), and what stamps it presently has are noted.
    show

show

show

show

In A Look Back, we look at either a recently quenched map or a mapmaker who has contributed to CC but hasn't done so recently. It's a great retrospective that is certain to be an interesting feature as time goes on.
show

In the Spotlight, we typically cover a staff-selected map and mapmaker in an interview. Mapmaker motivations, inspirations, and the like have been covered, with plenty of surprises in between. For this week's spotlight we decided to interview a new map maker that already has three maps in the Main Foundry, LED ZEPPELINER. We have spotlighted the first to enter the Main Foundry, Long Island.
show

In the Editorial, we ask a member of the Conquer Club community to write about some aspect of the Foundry. Subjects thus far have ranged from first-timer perspectives to a fictional look at future mapmaking, with plenty in between. Anyone interested in writing an Editorial is asked to PM TaCktiX about it.
show

Hello once again everyone!
These past two weeks were great, I got tons of submissions for my most recent challenge.
show

Subscription

Enjoy this week's issue? Haven't signed up yet?

Then feel free to subscribe to the newsletter by sending a PM with your name to the Newsletter's senior editor, TaCktiX (clicky). By subscribing you will receive every new issue of the Newsletter straight into your inbox, keeping you up to date with all the new latest developments in the Foundry.

Wrap up

We would like to thank you all for taking the time to read and enjoy our newsletter.
See you next time!

gimil - Graphics
InkL0sed - Formatting Editor, Proofreading Editor
sailorseal - Maps In Development Editor, Spotlight Editor
TaCktiX - Senior Editor, Editorial Editor, Perspectives Editor, A Look Back Editor
wcaclimbing - Graphics, WCA's Tablet
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Re: The Foundry Newsletter: 19th Issue

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:06 am

=D>

Great job, especially to Benn and Rj in the tablet :)

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby RjBeals on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks guys...
Wow - my first interview. :D
Private RjBeals

Postby ender516 on Fri May 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Very interesting newsletter, but why does the Headline say Ex-Cee-Eye-Ex? If it is supposed to be Roman numerals, XCIX, that is 99, not 19, which would be Ex-Eye-Ex, XIX.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby eye84free on Sat May 02, 2009 12:15 am

i saw eye and i thought it was about me..lol
Major eye84free

Postby Danyael on Sat May 02, 2009 12:28 am

nice work guys

this might quench that thirst go see a whole map like that
here for a taste
Corporal 1st Class Danyael