Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Postby Charbroil on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:51 pm

Note from the Suggestions staff:

A surrender button has been suggested and rejected many times. In fact, this site used to have a surrender button but it was abused and hence the button was removed. This thread is a compilation of over 100 threads of people asking for Surrender Buttons or Resign Boxes or Forfeit Flags, which have generally all been rejected.

If you insist on starting a unique thread, we insist you read through this one first to be certain your idea has not already been rejected. You can find here a review of some of the concerns that have been raised over the years (as of September 2016).

Yes, it has been suggested that this just be added for certain game types (e.g., trench) either.

And yes, it has been suggested that there is a minimum round requirement (i.e, the button appears after 50 rounds).

It has also been suggested even if the player remains alive for three rounds but has their turn skipped.

Also, note this suggestion involving surrendering armies to teammates, and this one about surrendering in bot games.
Private Charbroil

Postby thegrimsleeper on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:39 pm

Well I voted for no, but I think I really meant "It should be changed."

I get the feeling that some people surrender just so the person that's raping them won't get their cards. I think that if one surrenders, their cards should become the property of [neutralplayer], and if the aforementioned raper really wants those cards, he'll continue the assault.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby Volkmar on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:24 am

I voted no, but need changes...

Maybe you should only be able to surrender after a number of turns...
And maybe surrendered contry could give a card?
Cadet Volkmar

Postby moz976 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:36 am

I voted that it should be removed. if your going to play then play. it's not like surrendering is going to allow you to play another game. And who knows maybe you could make a come back.
Private moz976

Postby Ran Taro on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:48 pm

The neutral player should keep cards. If you don't let people surrender they will just become deadbeats.
Corporal Ran Taro

Postby joetalk on Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:39 am

surrendering has got to be an option, but I think like many that the cards should be nutral players, to be taken by conquer,
HOWEVER I think that there should be a penalty, like maybe a 40 point loss just to discurage such behavior. and i realy believe that with the major deadbeat problem out there that it should be a miss 3 turns and get the boot not 4, I mean if you commit to a game it shouldnt be that hard to find 10 min for your turn in 48hrs.
Cook joetalk

Postby ZawBanjito on Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:06 am

I agree that it's annoying to have someone surrender and then lose their cards. But I'm not for cards going to just "neutral player" because there are random neutral countries scattered in games... so say you were knocking out this one guy over in Australia, and he surrenders, and now the only other neutral country is way over in S. America and someone else gets it. So I say a player surrenders and they go to a "surrendered" color of some sort, or get a surrendered marks of some kind around their name. It's just like they're still there but they can't play anymore and they don't count as present in rounds.

Respectfully I must disagree, joetalk... it's way too harsh to have an additional penalty for surrendering. Sometimes people have to leave to go out of town on business or their mother gets sick or whatever. They can't help it, so why punish them? They should be applauded for politely surrendering and not just going deadbeat.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby thegrimsleeper on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:14 pm

ZawBanjito wrote:I say a player surrenders and they go to a "surrendered" color of some sort, or get a surrendered marks of some kind around their name. It's just like they're still there but they can't play anymore and they don't count as present in rounds.

Perfect. Just leave the color the same, but in the player list, their name is strikethrough.

ZawBanjito wrote:They should be applauded for politely surrendering and not just going deadbeat.

If you're not gonna play, get the f*ck out. Don't hold everyone else up just because you lost interest.

Postby lackattack on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:07 am

I made an executive decision. No surrendering. At Conquer Club we play till the death. That button just seemed to cause more problems than it solved.
Sergeant lackattack

Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby Marvaddin on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:12 am

Note from Sully/TFO:

A surrender button has been suggested and rejected many times. In fact, this site used to have a surrender button but it was abused and hence the button was removed. This thread is a complilation of over 100 threads of people asking for Surrender Buttons or Resign Boxes or Forfeit Flags and the exasperated rejections of handfuls of moderators. It's not going to happen.

If you insist on wasting time by starting a unique thread, I insist you read through this one first to be certain your idea has not already been rejected.

No, it won't be added for certain game types (e.g., trench) either.

And no, it also won't be added if there is a minimum round requirement (i.e, the button appears after 50 rounds).

I'd also like to add that no, it won't be added even if the player remains alive for three rounds but has their turn skipped.
Major Marvaddin

Postby jpov06 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:19 am

well this site used to have a "resign" or surrender button, but people were abusing it and surrendering right before they got killed so the person that killed them wouldnt get their cards, as for the 5 games there have been mutliple posts about this and all of them ending in something about there isnt enough space, and if you are dead in one that counts as part of the 5... i guess its just a little incentive not to loose
Sergeant jpov06

Suggestions for faster games

Postby Marvaddin on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:22 am

Yes, I imagine the dificulty in provide more than five games, but ask for it dont costs.

In any way, if you disappear from a game, to some players it will be more profitable, right? Its an injustice. But, I concur; maybe a resign button isnt a good idea; let me change suggestion 3, then: if all players concur about ending the game, declaring a winner, it could be declared ended, right? You could use an option to appoint the probable winner, and if all appoint the same at same time, game over, huh?

Incentive to not lose???? Perhaps, but is still irritating. :evil:

And a new suggestion, about trading; I played it with friends and liked it. The trading may be escalating by player; in your first time, you will receive 4, second time 6, third time 8, and so far, independent of the others players.

One more thing: I liked the non-traditional maps, and I think I can make a map for my country (Brazil). Will it be used?
Major Marvaddin

Postby thegrimsleeper on Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:41 pm

lack has stated before that as long as he's not responsible for the creation of new maps, he's open to your submission. I think a Brazil map would be cool.

Postby lackattack on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:26 am

4- Why games you are eliminated count for the limit of five games? Thats irritating.
those games no longer count as of today
5- More than five games, please!!
one day this will be possible...
lack has stated before that as long as he's not responsible for the creation of new maps, he's open to your submission. I think a Brazil map would be cool.
when I get around to it i will open a forum for map design with instructions and allow for member-contributed maps. we definitely need brazil there are so many brazilians here :o
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Marvaddin on Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:36 pm

Thanks lack, for attend my suggestion n. 4... :D

I again want to say three lost turns for the deadbeats are too much in my opinion. Pleeeease, pleeeeeeeeease, two turns is sufficient. One serious player dont lose one turn, but, thats can occur, I know... Two turns, go out!!

Well, I will begin to work in a Brazil map, and in a few days I think it can be posted for discussion. :roll:

Bye for now.
Major Marvaddin

Postby shaddowfire on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:47 am

Why has the limit been push down to four? I'm a huge supportor of the moving the limit above 5 games, but I also understand the server only has certain capibilities.

To get over the server problem, what if you were to add a place to donate money to you, more or less to the site. This would not only compensate you for your thousands of hours of programming, but also make it possible to upgrade/by a new server. Also think about ad support. You can prove you have so many hits a day, but on the other hand keep the ad's to a minimum, or make sure they load last. You don't want ad's taking up unnessisary bandwidth.
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will the hero rise again or will darkness reign?

~Twilight Princess
Lieutenant shaddowfire

Postby Darkfire001 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:53 am

Well from what I've heard Conquer Club is eventually going to be supported by paying subscriptions? So that would mean more games.

I hope free games still are supported though.
Lieutenant Darkfire001

Postby Risk_06 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:11 am

shaddowfire wrote:Why has the limit been push down to four? I'm a huge supportor of the moving the limit above 5 games, but I also understand the server only has certain capibilities.

Yeah, me too, there should be more than 5 games...but yeah, servers can only do so much. :(

I do believe that lackattack has explained his reason for only 4 games, though... it was to make up for the fact that games that you were eliminated in didn't count toward the 4 game limit. 8)
Currently on vacation. Sorry.

Proud xiGAMES member!
http://xigames.net/forum
Click it! NOW!
Corporal 1st Class Risk_06

Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby ZawBanjito on Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:51 am

Note from Sully:

A surrender button has been suggested and rejected many times. In fact, this site used to have a surrender button but it was abused and hence the button was removed. This thread is a complilation of over 40 threads of people asking for Surrender Buttons or Resign Boxes or Forfeit Flags and the exasperated rejections of handfuls of moderators. It's not going to happen.

If you insist on wasting time by starting a unique thread, I insist you read through this one first to be certain your idea has not already been rejected.
;)

Original post by ZawBanjito:

Okay, so Lackattack took out the surrender button, and I guess that was a decent idea. But what if a person has to go away? Or if they want to quit Conquer Club and leave? Things happen, you know? Right now their only option is to go deadbeat and leave everyone still in the games gnashing their teeth in frustration as three days grind past. So why not put in a "Surrender All" button - say, in the My Games window somewhere - that quits all games at once? So you could surrender out of politeness, but not use it tactically in one game (which was the complaint that got the surrender button taken out in the first place.)

Admittedly, why would a person want to surrender all their games? If they let them grind down to deadbeat they don't lose any points. But that's another issue that has been complained about sufficently...
Colonel ZawBanjito

Re: "Surrender All" button

Postby Itrade on Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:21 am

ZawBanjito wrote:Okay, so Lackattack took out the surrender button, and I guess that was a decent idea. But what if a person has to go away? Or if they want to quit Conquer Club and leave? Things happen, you know? Right now their only option is to go deadbeat and leave everyone still in the games gnashing their teeth in frustration as three days grind past. So why not put in a "Surrender All" button - say, in the My Games window somewhere - that quits all games at once? So you could surrender out of politeness, but not use it tactically in one game (which was the complaint that got the surrender button taken out in the first place.)

Admittedly, why would a person want to surrender all their games? If they let them grind down to deadbeat they don't lose any points. But that's another issue that has been complained about sufficently...

Wouldn't a "Skip all turns 'till otherwise stated" button work better? This way you could go on holidays (Or skip sundays, like I do) and come back to have lovelies (I can't think).
Image My set is a bone coat-of-arms and chandelier! How cool is that?
Sergeant Itrade

Postby ZawBanjito on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:01 am

A skip turn option totally needs to be put in too. Wait... did we all agree to that like ages ago? I can't remember. No, I'm sure we did. What the heck happened with that?
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Marvaddin on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:02 am

Well, if you dont lose points, some people will use it with bad purposes. How about play 2 games only, and quit if going to lose both? Or if going lose 1, calculate points balance to quit or no? People will use it to rise rankings if there is no points penalty.

More one time: 2 turns for deadbeats elimination, and they should lose points at game end.
Major Marvaddin

Postby RLeary06 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:00 pm

I entirely agree with Marv

But what if a person has to go away? Or if they want to quit Conquer Club and leave?

They shouldn't join a CC game if they're going away. If they are quitting, why would they care?

Surrender buttons can be abused to raise records or to stop other players from getting cards.
Private 1st Class RLeary06

Postby lilwdlnddude on Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:05 pm

it should just be that if your going to surrender then you loose points, then people will think twice about quitting. same with deadbeats.
Captain lilwdlnddude

Postby ZawBanjito on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:59 am

Yeah sorry, I should have made it clearer... totally you lose points, just like you did with the old surrender button.

The "if you're busy don't join a game" argument doesn't hold. Conquer Club games can drag on for a week or more. A lot of us can't always plan things that far in advance.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Next

Return to Suggestions