The World Championship qualifiers have started with the opening four matches...best-of-three on Great Lakes...winner advances...loser is out at this point.
The World Championship bracket and Qualifier stepladder is listed below and will be filled in as players clinch spots...this final tournament decides the winner of this CC event.
Final money list
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE/SETTINGS
In qualifiers the 3rd set will be no spoils & fog
In the finalists bracket the 5th set will be no spoils & fog
all other sets are flat, chained, sunny
This tourney will replicate the ATP men's tennis tour with players competing at tournaments throughout an 10-week regular season. The goal is to work your way up the money list to gain a spot in the 16-player season ending World Championship event.
The season starts with the Australian Open and will also feature the other grand slam events -- French Open, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. In between these majors, players will tour the world at various other events -- the top players will play majors (more prize money), while the lower-level players will battle in satellite tournaments (less prize money)
An additional phase of this tourney is the Davis Cup where four-player teams will square off in a battle for national pride. (this tourney will run throughout the regular tour season). When you sign-up, please add which country you would like to represent in the Davis Cup. Prize money for this event will be largely based on team results. (Two players will play a pair of singles matches, while the other two on the team will team up in a doubles showdown...the country that wins the best-of-those five bouts advances to the next round).
All of these events allow players to collect prize money, leading up to the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP tournament, which will decide the champion for this tournament. The top 12 players on the final money list will gain an automatic spot into this event, while the remaining 20 players will battle through stepladder qualifying to decide the last 4 spots.
Play will be best-of-3 sets (maps) throughout the regular season, but will move to best-of-5 sets for the World Championship tournament.
Maps are predetermined for each tournament based largely on geography...Aussie for the Australian Open...Montreal for the Quebec Classic...etc.
Sets 1 & 2 will be played with settings...chained, flat, sunny, while the third set will be chained, no spoils, foggy. Once we get to the World Championship...the first four sets will be chained, flat, sunny and any fifth sets will be chained, no spoils, foggy.
Tournament is open to all players (freemium or premium)...just keep 2-3 slots open if your a freebie. I expect this tourney to last into the fall, so be prepared to stick it out that long.
I'm working to finalize the season schedule and prize money breakdowns, but those will be posted as soon as I'm finished.
Sign-ups will be in Davis Cup format, but remember that is only a small phase of this tourney...this is an individual tournament with one winner at the end. For the Aussie Open (first event) players will be ranked according to CC points...after that seedings will be based on the money list with CC points breaking any ties.
SIGN-UPS (CC pts.)
(listed for Davis Cup purposes...individual rankings posted when sign-ups are complete)
1. flexmaster33 (1652) -- doubles
2. Frito Bandito (1218) -- singles
3. Night Strike (1727) -- doubles
4. WPBRJ (1745) -- singlesTeam Germany
1. vykingsfan64 (1497) -- doubles
2. danryan (1802) -- singles
3. danfrank (1963) -- singles
4. PabloDejaunopl (1213) -- doubles
1. ga7 (2216) -- doubles
2. clegge67 (936) -- doubles
3. Hopscotcher (1653) -- singles
4. sportsgod24 (1486) -- singlesTeam Spain
1. GreenBaize (1612) -- singles
2. gambler21210 (1573) -- doubles
3. scottishleaf (1477) -- singles
4. xstu78x (1453) -- doubles
1. markec (1069) -- singles
2. Atheist (1471) -- singles
3. coacheberhardt (1103) -- doubles
4. cletus (998) -- doublesTeam United Kingdom
1. heyheymymy (1193) -- doubles
2. plash.ricrem (1709) -- doubles
3. negoelen (2283) -- singles
4. General Flashman (1855) -- singlesTeam Chile
1. HighlanderAttack (1919) -- singles
2. Sun Tzup (1863) -- singles
3. olkok (2046) -- doubles
4. b00060 (2013) -- doublesTeam Sweden
1. pimphawks70 (1905) -- doubles
2. Tupence (1194) -- doubles
3. NotNowKato (1417) -- singles
4. DBandit70 (2419) -- singles
Davis Cup maps
Quarterfinals -- Singles (Classic Shapes); Doubles (Civil War)
Semifinals -- Singles (Midkimil); Doubles (Prohibition Chicago)
Finals -- Singles (WWII Western Front); Doubles (Siege!)