Re: WWI: Gallipoli [21.9.13] V38 (p22) - BETA

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V8(P3) - BS Targets & Start Positions in

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:47 pm

MrBenn wrote:I'm afraid I haven't had enough time or brainpower to sit down and give this the thought it needs.

It's definitely moving on, but it would be nice to gauge how much support there is before moving on to the next stage.

[Advanced Draft]

Well thank you for moving this one. :)

But how about moving Trafalgar into the Main Foundry so it can garner some more support, i think i've earned that move, after all it is up to version 20.
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby Incandenza on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:03 am

I feel like the legend still needs a lot of work... you show the allied invasion craft, then talk about beaches, then go back to detailing the characteristics of the landing craft. Are landing beaches and shore positions analogous, or are shore positions any given terit that borders the water? Can the XML even do "killer reducers"? (I'm assuming that using the word "killer" implies that the terits will decay until some point, obv 2 or 1 armies in the terit, then will revert to neutral... otherwise you might want to use the word "decay"). Exactly which terits are considered "villages"?

I know, you still have more graphical stuff and impassables and flourishes and what not to add. Just throwin' some initial thoughts out there.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:11 am

Yes the starting terr is clearer now, but it would be good if somehow you started as either ANZACS or turks, in order to have more of the Gallipoli battle theme.
It's your turn...................................
Captain LLLUUUKKKEEE

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:37 am

LLLUUUKKKEEE wrote:Yes the starting terr is clearer now, but it would be good if somehow you started as either ANZACS or turks, in order to have more of the Gallipoli battle theme.

LUKE, the only way i could accomplish that is to start every odd player as Entente, and every even player as Turk. This would defeat the purpose of the random drop, and also the purpose of the new team addition where one can join certain teams.
This gives plauer one and two on a team opposite drops, which also defeats the purpose of playing as a team.
Therefore i have chosen to start every player on each area and it will be up to them to decide which side they want to play. ;)
Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:57 am

Yeah, it was more of a dream then a reality, I understand that it would be impossible to start as 2 sides. And if i can remember 10 years ago to high school, the gallipoli campaign was a disaster, so lucky i can start on both sides.
It's your turn...................................
Captain LLLUUUKKKEEE

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:30 pm

LLLUUUKKKEEE wrote:Yeah, it was more of a dream then a reality, I understand that it would be impossible to start as 2 sides. And if i can remember 10 years ago to high school, the gallipoli campaign was a disaster, so lucky i can start on both sides.

Exactly. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby MrBenn on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:07 am

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the CAs will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)

Mr B
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V8(P3) - Adjustments

Postby cairnswk on Fri May 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Update made.
Version 8 adjustments.
1. Left Legend removed and gameplay instructions incorporated into the right legend.
2. Some terts removed
3. Battleships and landing craft space out more.
No horses or generals remain.

Corporal cairnswk

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V8(P4) - Update

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:07 am

Cairns, are you bringing this project back to life, or is the update purely a response to your "should I continue it?" thread??

If it's the former, then I'll move you back into the drafting room; otherwise I'll let it sit for a little longer ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 am

MrBenn wrote:Cairns, are you bringing this project back to life, or is the update purely a response to your "should I continue it?" thread??

If it's the former, then I'll move you back into the drafting room; otherwise I'll let it sit for a little longer ;-)

MeBenn, let it sit a while longer please. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Incandenza on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:19 pm

I still think this could be a terrific map, but unfortunately, like trafalgar and poison rome, I wouldn't expect an outpouring of commentary.

For my part, I've been meaning to write something lengthy here but haven't found the time. Maybe this evening, I've got quite a bit of foundryin' to catch up on. :D
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Incandenza wrote:I still think this could be a terrific map, but unfortunately, like trafalgar and poison rome, I wouldn't expect an outpouring of commentary.

For my part, I've been meaning to write something lengthy here but haven't found the time. Maybe this evening, I've got quite a bit of foundryin' to catch up on. :D

Take your time inca, exams are next week, and i won't be doing anything until next Thursday arvo my time. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Moved back into the drafting room at the request of cairnswk
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:46 pm

MrBenn wrote:Moved back into the drafting room at the request of cairnswk

thanks Mr Benn.

Outcome of poll for these maps Jamaica and Gallipoli

Do you want Jamaica and/or Gallipoli revived?
Poll ended at Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:05 pm

Both Maps - Yes... 42... 41%
Jamaica - Yes... 11... 11%
Gallipoli - Yes... 9... 9%
Both Maps - No... 28... 27%
Jamaica - No... 6... 6%
Gallipoli - No... 7... 7%

Total votes : 103

That means:
Jamaica won with a yes (32) v no (20)
Gallipoli won with a yes (30) v no (21)

So Gallipoli will be restarted will first.
Latest Version 8.
Corporal cairnswk

Re: WWI - Gallipoli V9

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:32 pm

OK, here is version 9.
I've removed the start numbers for now.
1. The beaches have been drawn in.
2. the impassables are starting to appear....are they OK. Does it need something else.
3. One of the mines has been removed to free up the Dardenelles a little
4. Change to colour of the legend
5. Blue shallow water line added to coastline
6. Blue drop shadow added to battleship tert names

Corporal cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps