Conquer Club

New Map Making Process

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

New Map Making Process

Postby SMITH197 on Fri May 19, 2006 5:53 am

As our community grows, it seems to get harder and harder to agree on what maps are worth making and what constitutes a good map. Perhaps we need a new way of getting maps put on CC. My suggestion: After the map has been made, the xml is done and all that jazz, we have to get X amount of people to sign for it, or its voted on or something. This whole map making process, in my opinion, is a mess. We have people suggesting maps and not making them, people doing repeat maps, and people moaning about maps already on the site in game play. Now that we have broken our leadership into the various roles, maybe Jota could revise the way CCers make maps.....

--SMITHY

"Did you fortify New Guinea or are you just happy to see me?"
Corporal 1st Class SMITH197

Postby kingwaffles on Fri May 19, 2006 7:14 am

Yeah, I definetly think getting community approval like that would be a good idea. It could prevent maps being put up prematurely *cough*Indochina*cough* and might slow down the crazy amunt of maps being brought in.
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Postby kevinc on Fri May 19, 2006 7:54 am

Getting people to vote for a map is silly. I understand the idea but voting wouldn't be the best way about it.

If 10% of players loved a map for example and 90% hated it, I think it's worthwhile to have on the site, but that type of map wouldn't suceed if people were voting.

There's a new community map person as far as I know and they're working with lack on a strategy, so i'm confident they will sort something out.

Though personally, I don't see it as much of a problem. It's only a problem if you read the forums. People will always complain about something.
Corporal kevinc

Postby Pedronicus on Fri May 19, 2006 11:41 am

Can my voting slip for new maps just have the one box marked: 'NO'
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Mr. K on Fri May 19, 2006 12:26 pm

'NO'
Lieutenant Mr. K

Return to Foundry Discussions