Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Rank Cared Public Games

Postby BoganGod on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Yeah why has it been rejected?

Please don't drag out that old saw.... we were all cooks once. Yes, we were, I for one got my points by playing people of the same rank, that was how I learnt the game in the beginning.

- maybe don't make it real rank, possibly make it map rank. The amount of time feud games I've played in have been ruined by muppets that are just to lazy to read up about the map. Don't understand or use bombard, and suicide into someone before round 7. GRRRRRRR.
- Like hard, I'm a little bit irratated at playing the same people all the time in private games, but seems to be one of the few ways to make sure I get a good game.
- Yes I don't mind playing, even teaching some players, and I will always play some public games. Would just love to not have up to 20% of games ruined by preventable stupidity. Wanton stupidity in fact.
- Ignorance can be changed, but stupid is for ever........... A lot of players are deliberately stupid. There is a reason why my foe list is longer than a babies arm
- For the muppet "grammar" police, why not contribute something worthwhile to discusion or go back to editing your dictionary of klingon gender specific cuss words. Mouth breathers..... I tell ya
Corporal BoganGod

Postby BoganGod on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:51 pm

SultanOfSurreal wrote:
HardAttack wrote:This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Obvious it is.
  • Dont fool me.

i think this might be the greatest combination of words ever conceived

See I do, that Sultan of simplicity star wars has not seen. Fool he is, lame fool.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Thezzaruz on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:02 am

HardAttack wrote:Would you tell me some reasonable explanation please ?

BoganGod wrote:Yeah why has it been rejected?

There has been several threads about this, have a search for them (one is on the "to-do" list even).
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby jpcloet on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:05 am

HardAttack wrote:And also, why then there is officer call outs ? 2000+ call outs ?

Those are informal ways of letting this happen. CC is not going to create a system to allow this to happen on a regular basis when there are several minor option already available. You'll also note that the rank related threads are not stickied. There are also social groups that contain members of similar ranks, eg. Officers and "Super Elite".
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby HardAttack on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 am

Thanks for the answer and concern jpcloet. I hear you.
Lemme regularly foe all the low ranks whoever sticks in my games then. 8-[
I know it is not nice, but i m left no other solution here.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:14 pm

I believe that everything said on this topic. Such an application will not take place. Then i very clearly would like to state that i started foeing luetenant lower ranks who sticks in my speed games.
Whatever this is nice way or not, i dont care much.

I dont get any taste playing against low ranks. And let them take this in whatever way they like. I dont give a F
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby oVo on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Maybe this idea is worthy of re-consideration? It is an option used with online Chess quite successfully and doesn't necessarily exclude lower ratings from competitive opportunities with skilled players.
Major oVo

Re: Make a rank barrier for game entry

Postby 6evil9 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:16 am

Absolutely agree!! I am sick of playing cooks or cadets who don't have any logic or clue what they are doing. plus i don't get many points for winning against them.

It is not a hard to implement option, but will really help to have public games for people who can play.
Maybe just a tickboxes with the ranks?
like <1100
1100-1300
1300-1600
1600-1900
etc

So for example i can tick 1300-1600 and 1600-1900 and play someone of similar calibre as myself.

Administrators, what do you think?
Captain 6evil9

Postby TotoroHat on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:45 am

This topic comes up every month or so and gets rejected every time. Not sure why people continue to bring it up. I would say if people only play people of a similar rank then no lower players would have the opportunity gain rank by defeating them. If a box was to ever be created I would suggest that only one box be created and that it limit all people playing in that game to only those under a certain score say 1300 or something low. (you would have to be under 1300 yourself to click on that box... to prevent farming)!
Private TotoroHat

Postby Artimis on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:43 am

*YAWN*
Another thread created that is redundant and repeats an identical suggestion already made in another thread. The OP could have avoided this with a couple of forum searches. The sensible advice is to make private games and only give passwords to respondents in callouts that meet your 'rank criteria'.

Subject: Blocking System

Artimis wrote:This suggestion has already been made in a variety of reworded guises, to name but a few:

Choosing ranks that may enter your games?????
Set Rank Limits for starting games.
cap on ranks
Minimum rank to join games option
Limiting Experience level of players in a new game.
Score Limit for joining a game *previously rejected*

One of them has already been marked *previously rejected*, you guys really need to do a post search before making a suggestion. Otherwise you end up with epic duplication like this.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Artimis wrote:*YAWN*

go to callouts and play in ranked games... this has been suggested so many times, i can't even believe i am responding... artimis pretty much summed it up...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby HardAttack on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Joodoo wrote:since you're premium, just make private games and ask ppl to pm you if they want the password...
and I'm still against rank segregation, I like playing with any rank anytime...

but i dont, what s then ?
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Suggestion: "Block Freemium" option

Postby cowboyz on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:32 am

Concise description:
    Add a button in the user panel that will block/foe all freemiums from joining my games. It will automatically unblock/unfoe them if they upgrade to premium membership.
    Also suggested adding other block features, such as allowing players to block other players using criteria such as ratings, rank, missed turns, comments, clan etc...

Specifics:
    This is a good thing and doesn't limit the ability of freemiums to test out the site. They can still play, but only vs other freemiums, AND members who don't want to block freemiums. A foe list is TOO time consuming to manually foe each category of player, adding this feature will only add a convenient way to do what could be otherwise be done manually.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • no more having noobs join my games just to ruin them while they stay an entire 2 weeks on CC before quitting.
  • no more having noobs get impatient with slow games and start shouting "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!1!!" in game chat
  • keeps noobs and their noobyness away from me and others who don't like being noobed.
  • allows only paying noobs to bother people
  • more money for CC since these freemiums must upgrade to play with a wider selection of players
Last edited by cowboyz on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal cowboyz

Re: Suggestion: "Block Freemium" option

Postby Hornet95 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:44 am

cowboyz wrote:Concise description:
    Add a button in the user panel that will block/foe all freemiums from joining my games. It will automatically unblock/unfoe them if they upgrade to premium membership.

I could see blocking the '?'s from joining your games (as they are likely to deadbeat). But some of the freemiums are very loyal. I was a freemium for a long time and had an excellent record. Once you get past your first 5 or 10 games, you're typically hooked.
Colonel Hornet95

Postby Halmir on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:16 am

I like the idea, coupled with that modification. We've all suffered from freemiums joining our games then had them deadbeat even before they take a turn (well I've had it 3 times in the last couple of months that I can recall and a few times before then!). If there's a limiter that is removed once they've proved themselves (i.e completed 10 or 20 games without an auto deadbeat removal from a game, or lost the "?" rank etc) then this sounds fair & fine.
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:39 am

Suggestion: Make it harder for the people who Lack needs to love this site and to pay him big bucks, to find precisely the game that they want to play.

Result: It'll probably lose more money than it'll make, so it ain't gonna get done.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby andy_is_awesome on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:04 am

Not all fremiums are noobs, so it's not really fair.

I would like to see a block button however. For Example:
-Block players under 90% turns taken
-Block players under 4.0 rating
-Block players ranked ?
-Block players ranked cook
-Block players tagged suicider

In the mean time the solution is to set up private games and spam PM other CC players to get a game going (VERY INEFFECTIVE!)
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby cowboyz on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:24 am

andy_is_awesome wrote:Not all fremiums are noobs, so it's not really fair.

-Block players ranked ?

In the mean time the solution is to set up private games and spam PM other CC players to get a game going (VERY INEFFECTIVE!)

I don't see it being not fair. It just makes it easier for me to filter out people who I don't wish to play with. Maybe there could be an exception list.

And as far as other block options, such as cooks, people ranked under a certain score....I'm def for that as well. :D
Corporal cowboyz

Postby Thezzaruz on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:58 am

cowboyz wrote:It just makes it easier for me to filter out people who I don't wish to play with.

CC has been quite clear on their stance here, if you want to have a say about who you play with then use private games or the foe list.

The only block I'm really interested in would be weeding out players with really low attendance %.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby cowboyz on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:57 am

Thezzaruz wrote:
cowboyz wrote:It just makes it easier for me to filter out people who I don't wish to play with.

CC has been quite clear on their stance here, if you want to have a say about who you play with then use private games or the foe list.

The only block I'm really interested in would be weeding out players with really low attendance %.

Private games only allows me to choose who I want to play with, not who I DONT want to play with. It limits me way more than this option.
I don't want to continue playing the same people over and over again, yet I don't want to keep playing noobs. There are plenty of people in between who I would love to play with but haven't had the chance yet. Private games as an only option is too limited for this.

The Foe list? Sure I don't mind that idea. But to have to manually foe every freemium (which I could do) or to manually foe every cook (again can be done), takes way too much time. This isn't adding anything new, just adding a convenience to a paying subscriber.

It would be great to have the option to not just block feemiums, but possibly block by other factors as well (rank, rating, comments, games missed, clan etc..)
Corporal cowboyz

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Just curious, why would you want lack to spend time coding something that keeps people from playing games rather than coding new options that would enhance the game play?
Major Night Strike

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Night Strike wrote:Just curious, why would you want lack to spend time coding something that keeps people from playing games rather than coding new options that would enhance the game play?

DM and Night Strike agree.

Now the world will explode.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby cowboyz on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Night Strike wrote:Just curious, why would you want lack to spend time coding something that keeps people from playing games rather than coding new options that would enhance the game play?

But it does enhance game play. It enhances the game experience for many PREMIUM who spend money on this site by allowing them to filter out who and who not to play with, thus enhancing their games. The advanced filter options help freemium as well. As stated, the foe list can achieve some of this, but is inadequate to filter/block some categories, and too time consuming to block the others.
Corporal cowboyz

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:49 pm

This may possibly be the worst suggestion ever. At least I can recall a worse one off the top of my head.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Ray Rider on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Hornet95 wrote:I could see blocking the '?'s from joining your games (as they are likely to deadbeat). But some of the freemiums are very loyal. I was a freemium for a long time and had an excellent record. Once you get past your first 5 or 10 games, you're typically hooked.

andy_is_awesome wrote:Not all fremiums are noobs, so it's not really fair.

-Block players ranked ?

I agree; to block those with a low turn percentage, low rating, or possibly low score makes sense, but it would be unfair to block all freemiums. There are noob premiums just like there are noob freemiums.

I've been a member of this site for about two years, played about 250 games, posted 468 times (200 in the main forum), have 100% turns taken percentage, and a rating of 4.8. I don't see why I should be blocked on account of some annoying freemiums who deadbeat or complain a lot.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions