Conquer Club

Forum Reorganization

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Forum Reorganization

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:12 pm

Summer time is upon us and its time to do a little sprucing up around the grand community we have here at Conquer Club. Over the past few weeks it has been discussed that some changes to the forum and how it is organized have been looming for a long time and this summer is the time to get the ball rolling and give the community some new areas to play in, put focus on some areas that are long overdue for recognition, and freshen things up a bit.

With that in mind there are some exciting new changes going to be made to our forum over the course of this summer. Not everything will be large in scope, but some things will. We'd like to make the forum more informative, more friendly to newcomers, and easier to navigate while still focusing on the things that make this site so great, community generated content.

So, without further delay, here is a breakdown of the changes made today:

The creation of a new category in the forum entitled Information. This new category is intended to house the various forums that help members of the community both new and old find information on playing the game, learning new maps, answers to common questions, etc.

Added to the Information category are the Announcements, Newsletters, Strategy, and Questions & Answers forums. You will notice that the last two forums listed were previously sub-forums and have now been promoted to full forums to increase traffic, visibility, and usefulness.

A new forum entitled Newsletters has been created to house all three of the popular community generated newsletters that have been circulating for a long time now. We felt it was about time they had a home of their own where members can find old issues, ask questions, make suggestions, and participate in the newsletter experience. The main Newsletters forum is where all the polls, subscription threads, requests for interview questions, and general newsletter discussions will take place. Added to that main forum are dedicated sub-forums for each newsletter that display all current and previous issues for the community to peruse and enjoy.

The chief newsletter editors have been given a title under their username of "Newsletter Editor" if they so desire to bring attention to the dedicated work they have performed so far.

Inside of the Strategy forum there has been a new sub-forum created entitled Official Guides which houses the results of the strategy ad-hoc to this point. Over in the strategy ad-hoc they have been working to create a series of map specific strategy guides that will help the average user learn how to play any specific map and/or settings a little more efficiently. They are not intended to be comprehensive in all ways, and if you would like to help further this project please see the instructions on how to join the ad-hoc inside the Strategy forum. At the moment there are 10 completed guides, with many more soon to be released.

Last but not least, there has been a general shuffle of the order forums are displayed in the forum index. This has been done to get the forum ready for the next step of improvements down the line. It also has been designed to bring focus to areas that are heavily focused on user-generated content such as maps, tournaments, and individual training.

We hope you enjoy the changes, and we do understand it will take a little adjusting to the new order of things. We hope that the changes throughout the summer will help everyone to enjoy the community that much more.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Re: Forum Reorganization

Postby pimphawks70 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:15 pm

=D> =D> =D>
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby sailorseal on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Awesome possum
Cook sailorseal

Postby pmchugh on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Does this mean you decided against adding subforums to much ado about nothing?
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:20 pm

pmchugh wrote:Does this mean you decided against adding subforums to much ado about nothing?

Nope, this was just the first phase of the forum changes. There are several other planned, and addressing needs and concerns about off-topics is a phase or two down the line. That's why I started that research thread so I can be properly prepared when the time comes. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 pm

pmchugh wrote:Does this mean you decided against adding subforums to much ado about nothing?

I think that has yet to be decided. As Optimus Prime mentioned---this is just Phase One---of a few more phases to come. If additional sub-forums come for the Off Topics forum, they will be rolled out with a later phase.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby pmchugh on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:

Nope, this was just the first phase of the forum changes. There are several other planned, and addressing needs and concerns about off-topics is a phase or two down the line. That's why I started that research thread so I can be properly prepared when the time comes. :)

Dammit, lol.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Snorri1234 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:23 pm

This is so weird.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Interesting.

I'm watching closely and eagerly.

JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Assassin07 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:01 pm

cool :D
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:02 pm

great

you guys are on it like a bonnet
sailorseal wrote:My big boy banana was out the whole time :D
AndyDufresne wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Many Happy Bananas to everyone, lets party...with Bananas.
--Andy
Forever linked at the hip's-banana! (That sounds strange, don't quote me.)
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Congrats Andy and team, good idea for the Map Foundry to be moved up the list instead of begin stuck down the bottom. We'll see if that improves traffic flow any. :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby jpcloet on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:17 pm

Great Start to the Summer!
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Looks nice. Much better if you ask me. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Neoteny on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:41 pm

My first response: "ach, shit... what the..."

Makes sense though, on further inspection.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:58 pm

OK soo looking at the list, why would Map Foundry be above GD? Also I think Training Grounds needs to be under information. Then the Sub Forum Plugins needs to moved out and put at the bottom of the list.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:00 pm

I think OP's reasoning for Tournaments and Map Foundry toward the top is that they are user-generated content---which are definitely driving forces behind Conquer Club. The Discussion forums have been moved to the bottom area for now.

Keep in mind, this is just Phase One---the next Phase, and the next, will really make more sense. Intermediate stages, like this one, may feel a little strange.

--Andy

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 pm

cairnswk wrote:Congrats Andy and team, good idea for the Map Foundry to be moved up the list instead of begin stuck down the bottom. We'll see if that improves traffic flow any. :)

*cough* *cough*... haven't been reading the thread in the GD have you?? anyway, i hope it does too... i for one am checking it out on a regular basis now, giving it a 5th chance... and i love that the newsletter is off on it's own now too, doesn't feel so forced now... i think optimus did a great job and for phase one, it is kick ass... good job OP, your improvements to the site just keep rolling out...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:40 pm

owenshooter wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Congrats Andy and team, good idea for the Map Foundry to be moved up the list instead of begin stuck down the bottom. We'll see if that improves traffic flow any. :)

*cough* *cough*... haven't been reading the thread in the GD have you?? anyway, i hope it does too... i for one am checking it out on a regular basis now, giving it a 5th chance... and i love that the newsletter is off on it's own now too, doesn't feel so forced now... i think optimus did a great job and for phase one, it is kick ass... good job OP, your improvements to the site just keep rolling out...-0

Owen, i hadn't been in that thread as i haven't had much time lately, but moving the foundry thread up the order of the forums was something that i for one (probably amongst many others) had suggested over a year back in order to improve traffic flows into the foundry. ;)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby jako on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Great idea bringing life back to the forums. Everything looks a-okay to me. =D>

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
Lieutenant jako

Postby gimil on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 pm

The official strategy guides forum should now be in viewable for the community here:

viewforum.php?f=374
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:50 pm

It seems to me that MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING should be the last forum listed...it's really not very critical to the success or operation of the site.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Woodruff wrote:It seems to me that MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING should be the last forum listed...it's really not very critical to the success or operation of the site.

It and other forums will still be shuffled around in the next couple Phases of the reorganization. Stay tuned with us...this is just the first phase. ;)

--Andy

Postby mpjh on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 pm

Advertising needs? Hmmm, that could be worse than FW.
Cadet mpjh

Postby jpcloet on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:45 pm

mpjh wrote:Advertising needs? Hmmm, that could be worse than FW.

Nobody said anything about advertising. I think it is great they are recognizing user made content like the newsletters, maps, etc.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Next

Return to Announcement Archives