dolomite13 wrote:I have been watching the progress of this map. I have to say I love the concept quite a bit. I do have a few questions and comments.
- Do the goblin chiefs count as a territory of their tribe? For instance there are 5 bloods and a bonus of +1 for holding 3. If the chief counts that's a max of +2 for all bloods.
i think i understand what you mean as it stands the chiefs don't count as a tribal territory ie 5 blood territory and one chief.
So you can hold just 3 of the tribal territs and receive +1 or you can hold a chief and three of the tribal territs and get in theory +2. So 1 for the tribe bonus and 1 for chief bonus if that makes sense this may not stay like this depending on other comments and when it comes to gameplay stamp
- The know you call out fungi in the poem specifically, however if you pit a single mushroom next to the hut it might be easier to see. The hut is quite dark.
yes it does blend in quite a bit putting mushroom or a torch will make it stick out more i'll try a few different things
do you think that the poem makes it clear enough that fungi connects to myz
- Units can get into the 3 or even 4 digit range in some games and they flow to the right out of the unit circles. It may be better to move some unit circles so that the armies don't overflow onto words making them hard to read. I have noticed this might happen in "shank" and maybe the "myz" units would overflow into "mek".
yes i agree since i use colour codes there is plenty of places army numbers might overlap with the three digit or even the mighty r888. This is not a major problem at this stage but i will work on it and have a version with the 888's on them becuase it will be an issue sooner then later
- A small nit pick... the mine gates seem a little hard to see on the map. If there was a light coming from inside the mine they might me more visible on the map. As it is now it is dark on dark and hard to see.
ah yes the mine entrance this has been quite the scourge i have tired so many different ways of lighting the inside so it beams out and lights up the territ correctly but it causes other layers to go all wonky
stay tuned I will get it eventually
- Do the gates start neutral?
at first they did(before the chiefs became separate territs
but now they do not i'm thinking maybe have starting positions set up were the 88 are now to stop easy drop bonus
even thou i would rather not have any and leave it up for luck but we will see
the only places that are a forsure neutral start are the chiefs
Great Job ... I am looking forward to playing this =)
thanks once again dolomite
i'm excited to play this too