Conquer Club

[Rules] FARMING and MULTI

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[Rules] FARMING and MULTI

Postby jefjef on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:35 pm

Is it possible for CC to put join game blocks to keep ? -cooks & cadets from playing those of officer ranks? It could curb multi playing & a lot of the farming that is percieved to be happening............... ;)
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Re: FARMING and MULTI

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:40 pm

There is a fine line Conquer Club is trying to walk---keeping systematic farming with "targeting" relatively low, and keeping users from losing full access to all privileges on Conquer Club (such as being able to play games with anyone of any rank).

One step in the right direction we took involved hiding a number of maps from New Recruits on the Join a Game page that, from data, showed they New Recruits had very unfavorable losses.

=========

So the trick is to find a new middle ground, where users aren't unncessarily limited, but that also keeps farming down.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jefjef on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:45 pm

Blocking new players from some maps until they "earn" the right to play em could also be applied to make them "earn" the right to play the full spectrum of players. It isnt like there would be a shortage of players for them to compete against & learn from and It would be the same type of protection for them.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:07 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:There is a fine line Conquer Club is trying to walk---keeping systematic farming with "targeting" relatively low, and keeping users from losing full access to all privileges on Conquer Club (such as being able to play games with anyone of any rank).

One step in the right direction we took involved hiding a number of maps from New Recruits on the Join a Game page that, from data, showed they New Recruits had very unfavorable losses.

=========

So the trick is to find a new middle ground, where users aren't unncessarily limited, but that also keeps farming down.

--Andy
"new recruits"....isnt that like only 5 games ? Than they are permitted to be farmed and prey upon by high ranks? Why isnt city mogul removed from their map library? This is the map the high ranks are abusing the most with their double turns and speed scripts.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby HardAttack on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:20 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:There is a fine line Conquer Club is trying to walk---keeping systematic farming with "targeting" relatively low, and keeping users from losing full access to all privileges on Conquer Club (such as being able to play games with anyone of any rank).

=========

--Andy

Blocking them to join in officer or higher ranked game is not a limitation in my guess and understanding.
They will have their hand to join in as soon as they proove themselves enough skilled to join in officer or over game.
Let them play with same ranked (not absolutely same but some max point or rank thing) ppl, then as the time go, they will have the rank neccesary to join in officers game.
If player is unable to satisfy the real easy conditions to join in officers game, then why are we bothering and hacking the taste of challenging game an officer would get from same skilled players filled game. Why do cadets and cooks have such low points ? Because they are new and/or very careless players just hitting there here with or without strategy(That is %90 true). They may just screw the game easiliy in which many others probably had a strategy and effort to reach to that point.
With the way it looks now, CC is giving extreme right to cooks and cadets but doing it via not giving what officers ask. Giving them maximum rights but limmiting my rights.
Ok, do not limit them(cadet and cooks), but please let me have the minimum rank to join definable option.
By this way you are giving me an option, and making it looks real better.
You are not limmiting anyone, but i am limitting cooks and cadets to play in my games. It is me, not CC, nor you. Understand this please. I am also doing it via private games. I never let even a sergeant to join. I am lmitting it. See ?
So why not making my world looks more colourfull via letting players set their game with what minimum rank players they would like to see in their game and keeping the game still to be public ?
Simple, there will be a new setting line added in start new game menu.

And, please no one write me that i have private game option. I know that.
Private games and minimum X rank accepting public games are not something same.
Private games should be for certain players playing in a game.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 pm

=========

I definitely understand this, but I honestly believe this suggestion would help a LOT and NOT detract from their experience. Allow me to explain:

If cooks and cadets are unable to play officers, they still have the WHOLE GAMUT of NCOs to play (a tremendously large number of players). So I honestly don't believe that any of them would feel as if they are "unable to play as much as they want and against players who are still very skilled).

It would go a tremendous way toward limiting farming, because now those exceedingly high ranks who might have a preference for "easy prey" could only "farm" NCOs at the best, and there are certainly a healthy number of NCOs who would make that a reasonably unprofitable endeavor. I like to consider myself one (in non-freestyle, that is).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Georgerx7di on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:35 pm

I think andy's right. It's more important that people can come on here and just play whatever they want. Let's not forget two things. 1. This site is for entertainment. 2. Farming is not going to collapse the stock market or get anyone killed.

Multi's are blatent cheating. Farming in many cases just entails beating lower ranked players repeatedly. And in many ways this gives them a chance to learn from the best. Farming is not the biggest issue on this site. When people find another way to bring up their rank, then we will be complaining about that method, just as we did the last.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby jefjef on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:35 pm

What Andy had said was "To find the new middle ground". Another benefit of restricted access will be newbies will get more enjoyment by not getting chewed up by the elite of CC & would be more willing to stay and PAY because they enjoy the competitive play and they get to win a few more.......(which would earn them their stripes quicker) And as far as farming not a problem the Cheat forum is always full of accusations....... I think there are 3 in there right now. And isn't the vast majority of MULTIS freemiums?
Colonel jefjef

Return to Archived Suggestions