Conquer Club

Dear Moderators

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Dear Moderators

Postby Dancing Mustard on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:24 pm

...why the hell has this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90574) been locked?

It's a polite request for a certain type of player to join a private game. At the very worst, it only deserves to be moved to the callouts section... but why on earth has it been permanently locked?

Furthermore, why hasn't the mod who locked it posted in the thread, depriving me of the opportunity to quietly PM them for clarification and forcing me to come here and make another separate thread in order to get a clarification?

Seriously, sometimes you guys do things that I don't agree with, but I see why you do them... but at times like these I just have to wonder if some of our mods might just be pressing buttons at random and hoping for the best.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Re: Dear Moderators

Postby pimpdave on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:26 pm

You should post the text of that thread here. It's just as valid (if not more so) in this forum than in Much Ado About Paperclips.

Since you were supplied no reason, I can't fathom why they would find fault with you just posting the text here. In fact, I assume that was the reason it was locked, that it was supposed to be moved to this forum, but a mistake was made. Help them out a little.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby hwhrhett on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:28 pm

sounds like it should have been in callouts. and was innappropriate for callouts. borders on flaming, or encouraging flaming in game-chats too.
Cook hwhrhett

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Best to avoid flames and the encouragement of flames. :)

Lets not walk yourself down any unnecessary road, DM, now that you are back in the Community. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Fruitcake on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:31 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Best to avoid flames and the encouragement of flames. :)

Lets not walk yourself down any unnecessary road, DM, now that you are back in the Community. :)

--Andy

Is it me or does this sound very sinister bordering on stasi like in its delivery,.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby pimpdave on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Andy, you have to admit it was clever and in an overtly tongue-in-cheek tone.

Probably would have sunk to page 2 within a day, and been lost at sea within a week. But a good play on words and fun joke until it does disappear.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Dancing Mustard on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Best to avoid flames and the encouragement of flames.

But the thread in question did neither of those things... it was clearly a tongue-in-cheek invite to a game in which trash-talk was encouraged and in which people would not take themselves too seriously.

Just to make this clear (and feel free to go actually check this fact): Nobody was flamed in the thread itself, nor was anybody encouraged to flame anybody else.

Perhaps this is just another case of a moderator skim-reading the topics of forum threads and arbitrarily locking them based on their pre-conceptions?

I mean, did whoever locked that thread actually read it? And if so, do they speak English as their first language?

AndyDufresne wrote:Lets not walk yourself down any unnecessary road, DM, now that you are back in the Community.

What? Is this another random threat to ban me?

For what? What have I actually done? I haven't flamed anybody, and the only reason that I've had to make this thread is because the moderator who screwed up this decision didn't even dare to sign the thread they screwed up in?

How on earth am I the one getting threatened with a ban on this occasion? Why does everybody on the mod-squad seem so terrified of letting me make threads around here? I feel like some kind of panic-alarm gets tripped in your staff-room every time I log on or something.

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Artimis on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:56 pm

Well, with regards to the locked, offending thread, I would like to apply for the post of Fuckhead also. I've been informed on many occasions that I have a tendency to 'over' communicate in a mostly base manner. I'm confident that my torrential down pour of verbal expletives will be appreciated rather than rebuked in the game you plan to set up. Please inform me of the particulars by any means at your disposal.

Artimis
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:04 pm

time to lawyer up DM, you are just too clever for them... that post violated nada...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby targetman377 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:50 pm

dancing mustard its casue you already fufille that role so they thought you did not need anyone else so they closed it
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby Dancing Mustard on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:04 pm

targetman377 wrote:dancing mustard its casue you already fufille that role so they thought you did not need anyone else so they closed it

See Andy, now this is a flame. This is the kind of thing you're supposed to be moderating. That's the sort of comment you were hoping to find when you (or whoever) panic-locked my thread.

Now, will Targetman be getting the same kind of censure that I tend to receive for that kind of comment (y'know, flaming being against the rules and all)? Or will double-standards be deployed in my direction once again?

Eager to see your response.

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby lgoasklucyl on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:15 pm

This poses a rather interesting dilemma I would love solved by a moderator.....

DMs thread is locked for 'encouraging flaming'. Now, it's pretty apparent that the thread may encourage flaming within the game chat, though not in the thread itself. Any flaming within the thread would have to come from someone else instigating, as the rest of the comment is a mere game invite.

Note the dilemma: Flaming is not allowed in game chat? Or is it that it just shouldn't be encouraged, but it's plenty okay for it to happen?

Last I checked mods had a pretty bad track record when it came to punishing the likes of Dfork and other individuals who continuously run their mouths in chat, so I must be missing something if flaming in game chat is illegal.

If it's not illegal, then wtf is wrong with encouraging it?

If it is illegal, why is DM being locked and 'threatened', yet individuals who are in C&A at least once a week for driving people away are left virtually unscathed?
Sergeant 1st Class lgoasklucyl

Postby mibi on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 pm

meh, I was expecting more drama from this thread.

/changes channel.
Captain mibi

Postby targetman377 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 am

:lol: :lol: lol dm i was kidding i really did not mean it but if you were affended i am sorry i thought it was funny :D :P
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby Georgerx7di on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:42 am

mibi wrote:meh, I was expecting more drama from this thread.

/changes channel.

Agreed. Where's todd landers.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby DAZMCFC on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:18 am

targetman377 wrote::lol: :lol: lol dm i was kidding i really did not mean it but if you were affended i am sorry i thought it was funny :D :P

see you may well of thought it was funny, but sadly you are mistaken.

now in the past we've had a few "fuckhead games". everybody know's the rules and it is all taken in jest. nothing close to the bone, just mates and fellow fuckheads playing a game and having a laugh. their were many gems said in game chat in the games. so please could the mod in question clarify why it was locked. show your self and give a very good reason or coward away. :roll:
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby hecter on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:11 pm

So... Nobody is going to step forward?
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:14 pm

I believe Andy already provided a response earlier in the thread.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Fruitcake on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:16 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:I believe Andy already provided a response earlier in the thread.

Your arrogance just gets worse and worse.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby jpcloet on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Fastposted......

The candidate will be required to to make constant and lively contributions to the game-chat (which is likely to be vulgar and offensive). Promoting offensive comments

Being notorious in some way, having a talent for flaming (or generally being rude to) other users, and having earned one or more forum-ban, would be a strong advantage. Promoting bad behavior

Enjoying abusing the pointless ratings system Ratings abuse is a punishable CC offense.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby jiminski on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 pm

anyway, fun though this thread is .. we need 2 more players i think.

As an aside - reading between the lines and perusing the justifications coming thick and fast.. my assumption is that the mod who locked it perceived the original thread to simply be trollary.
Now my being in the game .. waiting, endlessly waiting to play my only 24 hour game for 7 months.. i know that this is a real game and something of a tradition.

The easiest thing to do would be to re-open the thread in Callouts, but this has likely gone too far and would be too tricky for the mods to stomach, taking into account the chequered history Mustard and they have.

So maybe we could use this thread to add another player or two to this most prestigious of games; earmarked for the archetypes of verbal incontinence, the habitually unpleasant and the most outlandishly witty, monkey-jisming toss-pots of these hallowed cyber-walls?
Captain jiminski

Postby hecter on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Fruitcake wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:I believe Andy already provided a response earlier in the thread.

Your arrogance just gets worse and worse.

Indeed. This is hardly an answer:
AndyDufresne wrote:Best to avoid flames and the encouragement of flames. :)

Especially when the guidelines specifically say that such things are okay:
# Banter and some trash talking IS allowed in the Game Chats, so don't waste time complaining about that.
# You may not be used to hearing or reading those "four-letter words", but some people do and will use them. This isn't a reason to open a complaint about the player; just kindly ask them to stop or ignore them.

I would think you guys would appreciate us playing with like minded people, as apposed to just doing it an any game we see fit.

And finally a half decent answer...
jpcloet wrote:The candidate will be required to to make constant and lively contributions to the game-chat (which is likely to be vulgar and offensive). Promoting offensive comments

Isn't against the rules! YAY!
jpcloet wrote:Being notorious in some way, having a talent for flaming (or generally being rude to) other users, and having earned one or more forum-ban, would be a strong advantage. Promoting bad behavior

Not promoting, promoting would be saying "If you go do these bad deeds you'll get in!" This is simply stating the recommendations, things you should already have. Besides, most of the mods fit the criteria of "being generally rude to other users", guess you better ban them.
jpcloet wrote:Enjoying abusing the pointless ratings system Ratings abuse is a punishable CC offense.
[/quote]
You might wish to put that on the rules page then.
Last edited by hecter on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Neoteny on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:11 pm

I find this whole situation to be quite silly. As far as rules go:

Cheaters and troublemakers detract from the gaming experience of all Conquer Club players, and proactive measures are employed to protect our membership.

Unwritten Rules

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, holding players hostage, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts, systematically "farming" new recruits.

All I really see that applies might be the troublemakers bit, which seems irrelevant, since the troublemakers are looking to "make trouble" amongst themselves in a positive way that everyone will enjoy and not actually cause trouble to anyone.

Or is there another rules page that I'm missing?
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm on my way out the door and off my shift, but I'll come back and review the posts thus far later. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Night Strike on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Neoteny wrote:Or is there another rules page that I'm missing?

The Community Guidelines.
Major Night Strike

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion