This shouldn't make any difference at all for most members.
If you have problems seeing website graphics or everything looks funny, please try these steps:
- Try pressing control-F5 and wait patiently for the website to load again
- If you have image blocking activated you may have to set an exception for static.conquerclub.com as well. Firefox users can follow these steps:
1) Tools --> Options...
2) Content Tab.
3) Make sure that "Load Images automatically" is on.
4) Make sure that there are no web-sites listed (or at least that conquerclub.com is not listed) in the corresponding exceptions (Second exceptions button).
- Try disabling the Firefox Greasemonkey addon
- Submit a support ticket via the Help page telling us what you see when you visit this test page: http://static.conquerclub.comtest.html
We changed the location because the static files are now being hosted on the Amazon CloudFront instead of our main web servers. This move will reduce our bandwith costs (which are quite high) and should improve download times for our international members because Amazon CloudFront distributes files from Europe and Asia as well as North America.
Also on the server front, we experienced 19 minutes of downtime today Rackspace, our hosting company, had some sort of power loss and they are looking into the cause...