Conquer Club

Testosterone VS Estrogen (v18)

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Poll]Testosterone VS Estrogen (v16,17)

Postby mattosaurus on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:27 am

So I got the poll thing fixed, so here's the poll that I was trying to do earlier.
Sergeant 1st Class mattosaurus

Postby ender516 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Nice work on the bonus descriptions, just what I had in mind, and I think they are quite clear. I voted for blue, provided it is muted compared to the male symbol, just as the pink carbons are compared to the female symbol. If you go with the blue, you might consider using grey for the bonus description diagrams, so they don't look too specifically female, though I doubt this would be a problem with any but the very dimmest players.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby RjBeals on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:06 pm

you have some artistic talent for sure, but what a stupid theme. I can't believe this map is still in production.
Private RjBeals

Postby ender516 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:24 pm

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Let's face it, every map is just a way of illustrating a network of troop circles. Structural depictions of molecules have a useful level of connectedness for this purpose and haven't been used before on CC, so they give the map some originality. And once you are using molecules, I think using these two, which are at least perceived to be opposites, does provide a little conflict. So what is so stupid about the theme?

Postby RjBeals on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:45 am

I consider Risk to be a warfare style game - battles. I mean sure it's just networked colored numbers in circles - but if that was the case, why not just have photograph in the background, and some army circles placed randomly on top? For me, the map is a big part of what makes the gameplay fun. I taunt my friends about their weak armies, and if feels good to stack troops on defending borders. I just don't think I could get into a game played on a molocule. Sorry. But like i said, you've got good graphic skills, I just wish you would have applied them to a georgraphic map.
Private RjBeals

Postby mattosaurus on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:10 am

Like Ender516 said, we have tons of geographic maps. What makes this one unique is that its being played on molecules. Every continent is decently represented, (one might say that europe is over represented) we have tons of maps of totally made up places, but this one is unique in the fact that its not just territories made of land. They are atoms, those essential building blocks of life. It makes just as mush sense to me that we fight over that as fighting over a made up territory.

Postby Kabanellas on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:16 am

Mattos, I like more of the Blue version. But I feel like that kind of blue isn't the best - what if it had a little bit more of gray in its composition?
Major Kabanellas

Postby Echospree on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Hmm, I think the Blue is too dark, it doesn't stand out enough from the background
Major Echospree

Postby Silent Killer on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:28 pm

Echospree wrote:Hmm, I think the Blue is too dark, it doesn't stand out enough from the background

Blue is too dark, hence I chose grey..

Maybe a different shad of blue is required??
Corporal 1st Class Silent Killer

Postby mattosaurus on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Now I have two versions, one with Gray Testosterone Carbons, and one with blue ones. Let's see which everyone thinks is better.

Click image to enlarge.

So I adjusted the way bonuses were displayed to make how they work clearer. These were done by suggestion by Ender516 and I hope they are totally clear now.

Click image to enlarge.
Check out my map in the making: Testosterone VS Estrogen
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=241&t=85196

Re: Testosterone VS Estrogen (v18)

Postby Silent Killer on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:00 am

Hmmm..

I still prefer the grey if Im honest...

The map looks better balanced with the grey carbons, I think the blue is a little too overpowering and darkens the map too much.
...or maybe its just me!

SK
Corporal 1st Class Silent Killer

Postby ender516 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:21 am

The blue on pg 1 is better than the one just before SK's post, but even that one may be too dark. That testosterone seems to recede a fair bit relative to the estrogen. Maybe lighten the whole testosterone molecule (blues and greens)?

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:45 pm

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas