Permabanned Users

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Permabanned Users

Postby jbrettlip on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Allow permabanned users access to the private forums that they were involved in before their permaban. If a clan member is forum banned, for misbehaving in the general population, there really is not much reason to keep him/her from speaking to their friends, who usually are the ones complaining about the ban in the first place.

Plus some of us don't have each others real life info to contact outside of CC.

In other words, I miss DM. And probably a few others that will soon be banned.
Image
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class jbrettlip
 
Posts: 1179
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:44 pm

jbrettlip wrote:Allow permabanned users access to the private forums that they were involved in before their permaban. If a clan member is forum banned, for misbehaving in the general population, there really is not much reason to keep him/her from speaking to their friends, who usually are the ones complaining about the ban in the first place.
Plus some of us don't have each others real life info to contact outside of CC.
In other words, I miss DM. And probably a few others that will soon be banned.


This seems very reasonable, so long as the individuals in question's (ignore my punctuation!) actions didn't piss off those private forum-goers (in other words, get the respective clan leader approval stamp on it).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Skittles! on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:47 pm

I agree with this. Even with a small 'vacation'. I hate getting a 'vacation' and not being able to see the private forums. Greatly annoying.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
User avatar
Corporal Skittles!
 
Posts: 14563
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:18 am
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:24 am

Why? I'd bet that 99% of the people in a private forum are there because of first being in the public forums. If they can't follow the rules in public, why should they get the privilege of still being in a private forum?
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8624
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Artimis on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:33 am

Night Strike wrote:Why? I'd bet that 99% of the people in a private forum are there because of first being in the public forums. If they can't follow the rules in public, why should they get the privilege of still being in a private forum?

Congratulations, you've just completely missed the point!

Members on forum vacation are difficult to contact to pass clan related info on games they are required to play. That is the point that jbrettlip is trying to make. So by all means continue to bar them from posting in public as punishment for whatever transgressions they have committed, just don't punish their clans as well by making it difficult to contact the members under sanction.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
User avatar
Captain Artimis
 
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:09 am
Location: Right behind ya!!! >:D
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby jpcloet on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:52 am

Woodruff wrote:This seems very reasonable, so long as the individuals in question's (ignore my punctuation!) actions didn't piss off those private forum-goers (in other words, get the respective clan leader approval stamp on it).


Well there would be inherent approval. If the leader does not approve, they have the option to boot.

I've looked at making a few changes to clans and usergroups, and the Clan Directors (and other mods and player input) has been considered. I know the history, but I don't see a formal policy. I will look into this further, don't expect anything in the next few weeks though.
Image
User avatar
Captain jpcloet
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby 4myGod on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:33 am

jpcloet wrote:
Woodruff wrote:This seems very reasonable, so long as the individuals in question's (ignore my punctuation!) actions didn't piss off those private forum-goers (in other words, get the respective clan leader approval stamp on it).


Well there would be inherent approval. If the leader does not approve, they have the option to boot.

I've looked at making a few changes to clans and usergroups, and the Clan Directors (and other mods and player input) has been considered. I know the history, but I don't see a formal policy. I will look into this further, don't expect anything in the next few weeks though.


Everything here is so slow.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby jpcloet on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

It's also known as Turtle speed. Everyone wants instant gratification in this age of the internet My focus is on the Season 2 Clan League (over 1000 players impacted), rather than dealing with 1 off situations like this (5-10 players at best), but it is on my radar. Priorities are different to each I guess.
Image
User avatar
Captain jpcloet
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby jbrettlip on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:19 am

Thanks, Jp. I would even amend the suggestion to simply clan forums and not open social groups, as that would allow more potential to mingle with the general population for these nefarious rule breakers. But it would allow them to participate in clan challenges, and the clan leader could boot them if they were disruptive.
Image
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class jbrettlip
 
Posts: 1179
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 am

Artimis wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Why? I'd bet that 99% of the people in a private forum are there because of first being in the public forums. If they can't follow the rules in public, why should they get the privilege of still being in a private forum?

Congratulations, you've just completely missed the point!

Members on forum vacation are difficult to contact to pass clan related info on games they are required to play. That is the point that jbrettlip is trying to make. So by all means continue to bar them from posting in public as punishment for whatever transgressions they have committed, just don't punish their clans as well by making it difficult to contact the members under sanction.


Then the user should double check to make sure all their posts are following the guidelines. Clans are a forum privilege, so it's quite simple that those benefits are also lost while on a forum vacation/ban. Perhaps clans should think twice about allowing users who break the guidelines be members, or be prepared to make changes if a person is not allowed on the forum.
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8624
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby 4myGod on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 am

Night Strike wrote:
Artimis wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Why? I'd bet that 99% of the people in a private forum are there because of first being in the public forums. If they can't follow the rules in public, why should they get the privilege of still being in a private forum?

Congratulations, you've just completely missed the point!

Members on forum vacation are difficult to contact to pass clan related info on games they are required to play. That is the point that jbrettlip is trying to make. So by all means continue to bar them from posting in public as punishment for whatever transgressions they have committed, just don't punish their clans as well by making it difficult to contact the members under sanction.


Then the user should double check to make sure all their posts are following the guidelines. Clans are a forum privilege, so it's quite simple that those benefits are also lost while on a forum vacation/ban. Perhaps clans should think twice about allowing users who break the guidelines be members, or be prepared to make changes if a person is not allowed on the forum.


Night Strike, I think you are intentionally trying to annoy the creators of this thread. I accuse you of being Intentionally annoying, which breaks the forums rules. Tell me when your ban is up so I can feel justice has been served.

An apology will not suffice and I have no doubt that when you have been on the forums as long as you have, you should have already received a warning, if not then I can certainly go through all your posts and find adequate reasoning for your warning.

Everyone is breaking the rules if CC wants them to be... The rules are so general and vague. How would a clan owner know if someone has been warned or punished for an offense before? Ask them? Yeah, if they knew they wouldn't get into the clan saying they had a previous offense, don't you think they would just lie?

Perhaps CC needs to make a record db and the clan leaders can do background checks on their new recruits before hiring them... I mean allowing them on the team.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby King Berzerker on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 am

4myGod wrote:Perhaps CC needs to make a record db and the clan leaders can do background checks on their new recruits before hiring them... I mean allowing them on the team.


most forums just have a member rating near the avatar. like a warning level or something. i think if you are going to pay for the service, you should have to be able to meet the full agreement of gaming. you cant just ban someone for being bad on the forums when they pay to play the game. that is just rong.
User avatar
Private King Berzerker
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby spiesr on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:03 am

King Berzerker wrote:most forums just have a member rating near the avatar. like a warning level or something. i think if you are going to pay for the service, you should have to be able to meet the full agreement of gaming. you cant just ban someone for being bad on the forums when they pay to play the game. that is just rong.
Forum bans general do not stop you from playing the game...
User avatar
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby King Berzerker on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:06 am

spiesr wrote:
King Berzerker wrote:most forums just have a member rating near the avatar. like a warning level or something. i think if you are going to pay for the service, you should have to be able to meet the full agreement of gaming. you cant just ban someone for being bad on the forums when they pay to play the game. that is just rong.
Forum bans general do not stop you from playing the game...

oh. i thought there was a diffarence between forum ban and permaban.
User avatar
Private King Berzerker
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby clapper011 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:08 am

there is, perma ban means no access to the site what so ever..forum ban means no access to any and all forums.
User avatar
Sergeant clapper011
 
Posts: 7883
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (14)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:47 am

jpcloet wrote:
Woodruff wrote:This seems very reasonable, so long as the individuals in question's (ignore my punctuation!) actions didn't piss off those private forum-goers (in other words, get the respective clan leader approval stamp on it).


Well there would be inherent approval. If the leader does not approve, they have the option to boot.


That's true...good point.

4myGod wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Artimis wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Why? I'd bet that 99% of the people in a private forum are there because of first being in the public forums. If they can't follow the rules in public, why should they get the privilege of still being in a private forum?

Congratulations, you've just completely missed the point!

Members on forum vacation are difficult to contact to pass clan related info on games they are required to play. That is the point that jbrettlip is trying to make. So by all means continue to bar them from posting in public as punishment for whatever transgressions they have committed, just don't punish their clans as well by making it difficult to contact the members under sanction.


Then the user should double check to make sure all their posts are following the guidelines. Clans are a forum privilege, so it's quite simple that those benefits are also lost while on a forum vacation/ban. Perhaps clans should think twice about allowing users who break the guidelines be members, or be prepared to make changes if a person is not allowed on the forum.


Night Strike, I think you are intentionally trying to annoy the creators of this thread.


I don't think he is. To be honest, his position is a very legitimate one. I don't happen to agree with it, but I can certainly see the validity of what he's saying and I can certainly see how that might turn out to be the official position of the site, as well (not because of him, but just because they see it as logical).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby 4myGod on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 am

Woodruff wrote:I don't think he is. To be honest, his position is a very legitimate one. I don't happen to agree with it, but I can certainly see the validity of what he's saying.


Well unfortunately it doesn't say how many people or who needs to think someone is intentionally annoying in the rules. Therefor if I think he is intentionally annoying then what is to say he doesn't deserve a ban any less than someone else who is getting banned for being intentionally annoying?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby King Berzerker on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 pm

clapper011 wrote:there is, perma ban means no access to the site what so ever..forum ban means no access to any and all forums.


so ur saying that u can ban a player that paid for site access because of stuff done on forums?
User avatar
Private King Berzerker
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby jpcloet on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Yes with racism/bigotry being one of the more offensive wrong-doings.
Image
User avatar
Captain jpcloet
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby clapper011 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:14 pm

King Berzerker wrote:
clapper011 wrote:there is, perma ban means no access to the site what so ever..forum ban means no access to any and all forums.


so ur saying that u can ban a player that paid for site access because of stuff done on forums?

uh no, i was say that there IS a difference between the 2. Please do not put words in my mouth. Thank you.
User avatar
Sergeant clapper011
 
Posts: 7883
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (14)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Qwert on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:19 pm

This is waste of time- they have right to kick people out of CC,and you can not do nothing about this. Soon or later you will realised that. If im in hes position,maybe will do same thing.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9193
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:21 pm

4myGod wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I don't think he is. To be honest, his position is a very legitimate one. I don't happen to agree with it, but I can certainly see the validity of what he's saying.


Well unfortunately it doesn't say how many people or who needs to think someone is intentionally annoying in the rules. Therefor if I think he is intentionally annoying then what is to say he doesn't deserve a ban any less than someone else who is getting banned for being intentionally annoying?


True enough...that essentially comes down to what the moderators perceive to be annoying. That is, after all, rather what they're there for...to make those sorts of determinations. "How many people are annoyed" isn't really relevant, in my opinion...nor do I think it should be. Otherwise, individuals could essentially harass only one person endlessly (to the amusement of everyone else) and get away with it, potentially.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby 4myGod on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:44 am

Woodruff wrote:
4myGod wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I don't think he is. To be honest, his position is a very legitimate one. I don't happen to agree with it, but I can certainly see the validity of what he's saying.


Well unfortunately it doesn't say how many people or who needs to think someone is intentionally annoying in the rules. Therefor if I think he is intentionally annoying then what is to say he doesn't deserve a ban any less than someone else who is getting banned for being intentionally annoying?


True enough...that essentially comes down to what the moderators perceive to be annoying. That is, after all, rather what they're there for...to make those sorts of determinations. "How many people are annoyed" isn't really relevant, in my opinion...nor do I think it should be. Otherwise, individuals could essentially harass only one person endlessly (to the amusement of everyone else) and get away with it, potentially.


Yes that is true, however leaving it to the judgment of the moderators doesn't work, because some people get banned for doing the same things as others, but the others don't get banned. So relying on a mod to tell us when something is intentionally annoying doesn't work. A vast majority of us in a thread could be discussing one thing and then someone comes in and tells us that we are all stupid for even caring, that to me would be a reasonable "intentionally annoying" act, however things like that get ignored, unless there is some other reason that the admins/mods don't like the users, then they may or may not punish the user it seems.

Even you would agree woodruff that the admins have not been fair in their punishment system, and I don't feel we can trust them to tell us what is annoying or not. So if we are to rely on their opinion, which I think we should, for the reasons you said, we need new mods/admins who we can trust. Who are fair in their punishments.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:51 am

4myGod wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
4myGod wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I don't think he is. To be honest, his position is a very legitimate one. I don't happen to agree with it, but I can certainly see the validity of what he's saying.


Well unfortunately it doesn't say how many people or who needs to think someone is intentionally annoying in the rules. Therefor if I think he is intentionally annoying then what is to say he doesn't deserve a ban any less than someone else who is getting banned for being intentionally annoying?


True enough...that essentially comes down to what the moderators perceive to be annoying. That is, after all, rather what they're there for...to make those sorts of determinations. "How many people are annoyed" isn't really relevant, in my opinion...nor do I think it should be. Otherwise, individuals could essentially harass only one person endlessly (to the amusement of everyone else) and get away with it, potentially.


Yes that is true, however leaving it to the judgment of the moderators doesn't work, because some people get banned for doing the same things as others, but the others don't get banned. So relying on a mod to tell us when something is intentionally annoying doesn't work. A vast majority of us in a thread could be discussing one thing and then someone comes in and tells us that we are all stupid for even caring, that to me would be a reasonable "intentionally annoying" act, however things like that get ignored, unless there is some other reason that the admins/mods don't like the users, then they may or may not punish the user it seems.


When that happens, do you report it? A mod isn't going to see every thread.
If you do report it, do you KNOW that nothing happens? Just because you don't see it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. For instance, captain.crazy recently got a 3-day ban apparently...even as active as he posts, I didn't notice he was gone. I recently received a 24-hour ban...as often as I post and I doubt anyone noticed.

4myGod wrote:Even you would agree woodruff that the admins have not been fair in their punishment system, and I don't feel we can trust them to tell us what is annoying or not. So if we are to rely on their opinion, which I think we should, for the reasons you said, we need new mods/admins who we can trust. Who are fair in their punishments.


Even I? I was complaining about the consistency in punishments long before most of you "woke up" with the recent spate of bannings, so you won't get any argument from me on that count. However, I don't believe that the fix is to necessarily replace the mods. I do honestly believe the mods have the best interests of the site at heart. I simply believe that some of them need to better understand their roles and perhaps tighten up the rules/consequences some.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Permabanned Users

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:50 pm

4myGod wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Artimis wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Why? I'd bet that 99% of the people in a private forum are there because of first being in the public forums. If they can't follow the rules in public, why should they get the privilege of still being in a private forum?

Congratulations, you've just completely missed the point!

Members on forum vacation are difficult to contact to pass clan related info on games they are required to play. That is the point that jbrettlip is trying to make. So by all means continue to bar them from posting in public as punishment for whatever transgressions they have committed, just don't punish their clans as well by making it difficult to contact the members under sanction.


Then the user should double check to make sure all their posts are following the guidelines. Clans are a forum privilege, so it's quite simple that those benefits are also lost while on a forum vacation/ban. Perhaps clans should think twice about allowing users who break the guidelines be members, or be prepared to make changes if a person is not allowed on the forum.


Night Strike, I think you are intentionally trying to annoy the creators of this thread. I accuse you of being Intentionally annoying, which breaks the forums rules. Tell me when your ban is up so I can feel justice has been served.

An apology will not suffice and I have no doubt that when you have been on the forums as long as you have, you should have already received a warning, if not then I can certainly go through all your posts and find adequate reasoning for your warning.

Everyone is breaking the rules if CC wants them to be... The rules are so general and vague. How would a clan owner know if someone has been warned or punished for an offense before? Ask them? Yeah, if they knew they wouldn't get into the clan saying they had a previous offense, don't you think they would just lie?

Perhaps CC needs to make a record db and the clan leaders can do background checks on their new recruits before hiring them... I mean allowing them on the team.


The most annoying about Night Strikes post was your reply.

It would appear you have a problem. Either a) You dont like people taking the opposite side of a discussion, or b) you dont like Night Strike. If it is a) then you must find life pretty tough at times. If it is b) then you are the one doing the harrassing and annoying. Whichever is the case it doesnt stop him from being entitled to his opinion.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Gypsys Kiss
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: In a darkened room, beyond the reach of Gods faith
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (3)

Next

Return to Implemented Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login