Conquer Club

[Official] Brazil REVAMP [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Brazil REVAMP [Beta]

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:24 pm

I think any sort of strange glow would detract from the visual experience of the map. The green elegantly meshes with the background a number of color components on the map...

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 am

and like I predicted... "[team]: can I cross those little green lines?" And this is from a high ranking player who is new to the map. They said they could not find a legend... C'est la vie
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby RjBeals on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:45 am

o well. now he knows.
Private RjBeals

Postby sully800 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:19 pm

This should have been out of Beta a while ago. It is gorgeous and clear. Simple and direct.

I'm not sure how anyone familiar with CC can mistake the impassable borders for anything BUT impassable borders. They are much thicker than any other line, a completely different color, there is a legend describing them, and the gameplay would be shite without them. If someone can't figure them out with a little bit of looking I would hate to see them try a map like Waterloo.
Major sully800

Postby RjBeals on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:14 pm

thank you. the map is what it is. There's no way anything is going to change, unless there is a revamp.
Private RjBeals

Re: [Official] Brazil REVAMP [Quenched]

Postby musicalmaven on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:39 pm

i am having a problem with all my games. on this map, in game 14664394, i have managed to deploy my men onto goias, but the computer will only allow me to attack from acre. i've gotten goias to register as the attacking territory, but the computer will not recognize my desire and will only show the surrounding around acre for me to attack.
it is the same problem in city mogul, and i will report this problem on that map as well.
Sergeant 1st Class musicalmaven

Postby musicalmaven on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:30 pm

i am again having a problem. this time game # 14668010. once again i cannot get the c.c. computer to allow me to attack from a particular territory. the computer is wanting me to attack from another territory and when i change the alphabetically first territory to the territory i want to attack from, the computer will not change to available territories to attack, but keeps my options as the surrounding territories of the alphabetically first territory.
i am on the clock. please resolve this issue.

Postby RjBeals on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm

i don't think it's the map or the xml - there's never been a problem like this for years...
Private RjBeals

Postby musicalmaven on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 pm

that may be, but i am still having the problem. if it were confined to the old computer i'd say maybe it's a virus, or just old age, but this afternoon it occurred on my notebook too. they both have BOB. i am sending this on my new computer, which does not have BOB. tonight i played my games on the new computer, using the notebook to see which territory was whose. (the problem starts when i hit the begin button, so if i just look at the game, i can use the BOB apps to highlight the territories, etc.)
another thing - i've been bugged lately by another problem. the BOB apps work until i reduce the size of the map. then the colored lines indicating whose territory it is are out of sync with the map, and even returning to the original size does not get the lines back over the correct territories - they remain out of sync with the map. i can "fix" the problem by coming out and then returning to the game and usually the lines are properly in sync with the territory. i do not know if this was a precursor to the problem or a separate problem.
and, finally, as i have asked in my prior notes, what has happened to BOB ? i have been trying to get it on the new computer, but it is not available.

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:43 am

this is a site issue not a map issue. you'll have to take it to bug reports.
Captain Gilligan

Postby musicalmaven on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:45 am

i'll try it, but i also received a message on my wall that this problem has happened to others and seems to be a compatibility problem with firefox 31 and that the problem was resolved by reverting back to firefox 30. i'm going to try that fix. also, i did get a response from you guys if i was on firefox 31, so someone may already be aware of the possible incompatibility, but they never got back to me saying go back to firefox 30.

Postby musicalmaven on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:59 am

oh - the guy who did respond asking me whether i was on firefox 31, came from people working on the city mogul map.

Previous

Return to The Atlas