Conquer Club

3-Fold Random Suggestion [Implemented]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Random Medal

Postby Boss_oss_ss on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:35 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:*mods, please merge this with the Q&A thread I started on the same topic...I will update my original post there with the following information once it is merged over here since that one is the older post and will show up first...

Concise description:
  • Register the random games in the database, make them trackable and countable, etc.
  • Show to all (make visible) that a game was started in random
  • Eventually implement a random game medal

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • The random map game option represents a choice by the participant to play any one of the maps on CC
  • Once the map is selected, the winner of one random game is potentially not that skilled (especially if the map selected is one the winner has played frequently in the past.)
  • If a player wins frequently in random games, the player is likely skilled at playing the game on any map, this special skill should be recognized in the following ways:
    • visible to all the the winner has won other random games
    • a medal to recognize considerable achievement with this map option
Private 1st Class Boss_oss_ss

Random Map Indication

Postby White Moose on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:16 pm

Concise description:
  • Quite simple. If you pick Random Map, then something will incidate that the map was random, even after the game has begun.

Specifics:
Not sure how it would look like. I've come up with a few ways of doing so (Perhaps you as the reader got a better suggestion?).
  • At the start of the game, the game log will say something along the lines of "This map was picked by random".
  • Or, after the Map Name, it can say "(Random)". If the map is Classic Shapes, then the map name will be "Classic Shapes (Random)"
  • Or, a game label will be added for Random Maps. It will of course say "Random Map", or "Random"
  • Or, just let the map name be Random? You will still be able to see which map was played if you go into the game.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • I just think it's a rather obvious thing to add. When you pick Random, then i just feel it should be some sort of indication that you did pick Random after the game has started.
  • You will easier see how you are doing when you don't pick your maps. Right now you have no clue weather or not the game was Random.

Good suggestion?
Bad suggestion?
Do you think it should be alterd? If so, how?

Thanks for your opinions.
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Re: Random Map Indication

Postby hwhrhett on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:18 pm

YES!!! this is needed, would be awesome! im surprised it wasnt put in place when random was first introduced!!!!
Cook hwhrhett

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:37 pm

Great idea !

This would make tournament games easier to track by ensuring that maps were actually chosen at random, but is more for the curiousity :)

It would also make it easier to trace players who hoard points on one map by being able to check how many games they play on a random map. Speaking of which, having a note in the game log (or however it would work) could open a new paramater for the GL Map Rank; showing points gained on random maps.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Tupence on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:42 pm

Good idea, it would save me thinking "Why the hell did I choose this map?!"
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:56 pm

I like it!
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:58 pm

...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:01 am

I think this is on Lack's To-Do list---I remember him discussing this improvement in the announcement topic.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

random medal

Postby jarrett155 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:55 am

Concise description:
    medal for winning random games

Specifics:
    you get a medal for getting unique wins in random

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
    idea for new medal...
Major jarrett155

Re: random medal

Postby edwinissweet on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:08 am

good idea
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Re: Medal Suggestion List

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Thanks for the new medals that have been introduced... now how about some higher level medals, and maybe a review of the many suggestions here?

(maybe it is time for a new thread, but a lot went into this one, so I did not want it to just die).

Oh, I still think we need more on the "cross map" front.

Maybe even a combination of the "specialty" (mentioned above) and the "cross map"...

Something that gets at the various styles and types of maps. Some people play a few types of maps well, but only a few people play a wide range of maps well.

(maybe a "classic type" specialty, an "oddball specialty"... etc.)
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby jarrett155 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:58 am

also people dont really play random that much since you might get a map your bad at. this would boost the amount of random games and get some people to take a bit more risk.
Major jarrett155

Postby jpcloet on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:16 am

Right now, you can't go back and find out which games are random. I've suggested that they will need to have their own numbering system or another fix.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby jefjef on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:46 am

Isn't this directly covered by the standard and cross map medals already?
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby darkangelsguy205 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:28 am

smart idea
Sergeant darkangelsguy205

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:35 pm

I dont think you can tell which games were assigned from a random map. I run all my tournies with a random map because it shows how crossed map a player is or is not.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Bones2484 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:38 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:I dont think you can tell which games were assigned from a random map.

Dont know where you got that idea from.

Maybe... earlier in the thread?

jpcloet wrote:Right now, you can't go back and find out which games are random. I've suggested that they will need to have their own numbering system or another fix.
Major Bones2484

Postby jarrett155 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:41 pm

yeah but it seems faily easy to implement that. you just wouldnt get a medal right away after your first win. cross map isnt the same/ any good player would still be ready to play on the map wether theyve played it before or not.
Major jarrett155

Postby max is gr8 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:48 pm

possibly an R before the number of the game. So if the game would have been 111111 it would be R111111.

Simply solution really. Or Have it as an option at the side under Fog of War, random map: yes.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Catarah on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:36 pm

i completely love this idea.

as i've played lots of 1v1 random games, i was dissapointed to see that random doesnt give a medal.

i wouldn't say cross map achievement covers this. one can only play standard type of maps and probably obtain a silver in that, and figure out the gameplay of a few other maps and get a gold cross map achievement.

random though, means you've got to be able to adapt to new maps on the fly, even if you've never seen it before.

i vote to implant a random medal.
Captain Catarah

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:50 pm

I fully and wholeheartedly support this idea.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Prankcall on Sat May 01, 2010 3:48 pm

how about 1st identifying a map/game as being created random,imagine how appalled I was in finding you cannot even know how times you have played random maps,bothers me 2 know end.
Sergeant 1st Class Prankcall

3-Fold Random Suggestion [Implemented]

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:18 am

*mods, please merge this with the Q&A thread I started on the same topic...I will update my original post there with the following information once it is merged over here since that one is the older post and will show up first...

Concise description:
  • Register the random games in the database, make them trackable and countable, etc.

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

• The random map game option represents a choice by the participant to play any one of the maps on CC
  • Once the map is selected, the winner of one random game is potentially not that skilled (especially if the map selected is one the winner has played frequently in the past.)
  • If a player wins frequently in random games, the player is likely skilled at playing the game on any map, this special skill should be recognized in the following ways:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Re: 3-Fold Random Suggestion

Postby Arama86n on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 am

=D> =D> =D>
This is an important improvement. Every time I've started a random game I've thought about this, that down the road no one will know which of my games were random and which weren't. Hell, I don't remember myself ;)

Also, by improving the site by implementing the first two suggestions it opens up for a Random-Map medal. Along with xmap medal this should be a very important medal when judging how versatile a player is, useful for clan scouting etc.
Also, a random map medal would naturally encourage more people to use the random function, and thus ensure more of CC wonderfull maps see the light of day.

Need I go on? Win win situation imho
Major Arama86n

Re: 3-Fold Random Suggestion

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:09 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:*mods, please merge this with the Q&A thread I started on the same topic...I will update my original post there with the following information once it is merged over here since that one is the older post and will show up first...

Concise description:

Specifics/Details:
  • As stated above

As much as I loathe to agree with Queen_Herpes about anything (you know I'm kidding! <grin>), I agree with her completely. I think this is a improvement suggestion has no downside at all.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions