Conquer Club

Rebs vs Yankees [Winners: danryan & Karl_R_Kroenen]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Rebs vs Yankees [Winners: danryan & Karl_R_Kroenen]

Postby colton24 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Congrats to Le Neck Rouge for winning!

Welcome to Rebs vs Yankees Doubles Tournament! May the South rise again :twisted: . This will be a doubles single elimination tournament. Map will be American Civil War and settings will be random. Anyways lets get down to brass tracks shall we?

RULES

72 hours to join game no excuses
This is first come first serve you better have a partner when you sign up.

When signing up please use the following format:

Team Name: USE A CIVIL WAR ERA NAME (if possible)

Players:

Now each "Battle" will be CSA team vs USA team if all of either teams are eliminated the country left begins a war for control. Winning team is the team that is left standing at the end of the tournament.

Last edited by colton24 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Re: Rebs vs Yankees [0/32]

Postby colton24 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:59 pm

1.#1_stunna and zips5000-Yankee Hunters-South-KIA Round 3
2.jbrettlip and vacecooper-Slave Owners-South-KIA Finals
3.eye84free and alstergren-BushWackers-South-KIA Round 1
4.mountainboy965; carnasaur9-Dowling Guards-South-Executed Round 3-DNS
5.dshedd, absolute - Rebel Yell - South
-KIA Round 3
6.wolfpack0530 and hopscotcher-The chicken-neck-hillbilly slayers-North-KIA Round 1
7.Cpurcell and Oljock99-Stonewall Brigade-South-KIA Semi-Finals
8.Dragon and pascalleke-ohio section-North?-KIA Round 1
9.danryan and Karl_R_Kroenen-Le Neck Rouge-South-WINNER!
10.ugly_moose and wellspring- McGowan's Brigade- South-KIA Semi-Finals
11.K-dub STDADDIO-General Grant's Squad-North-KIA Round 2
12.ubcman64/crbluth - Damn Yankees-North-KIA Round 1

Reserves:
1.YoursFalsey & N/A-N/A-North
Last edited by colton24 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed

Postby #1_stunna on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:08 pm

#1_stunna and zips5000

just pick a war era for us, too lazy too think right now.

cool?

umm i guess south
Major #1_stunna

Postby colton24 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:11 pm

ok yall are in for the South. how bout the Yankee Hunters?
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Postby #1_stunna on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:18 pm

thats fine.!
Major #1_stunna

Re: Rebs vs Yankees [1/32]

Postby jbrettlip on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:27 pm

South-Slave Owners-jbrettlip and vacecooper
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Re: Rebs vs Yankees [1/32]

Postby colton24 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:30 pm

jbrettlip wrote:South-Slave Owners-jbrettlip and vacecooper

slave owners typical.... yall are in
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Re: Rebs vs Yankees [2/32]

Postby eye84free on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:02 pm

eye84free and alstergren
south
BushWackers
Major eye84free

Re: Rebs vs Yankees [2/32]

Postby colton24 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 pm

eye84free wrote:eye84free and alstergren
south
BushWackers

bushwackers LOL wow south is filling up :shock:

Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Re: Rebs vs Yankees [3/32]

Postby Night Strike on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:35 pm

I'd recommend nixing any team name that is remotely racist............be careful.
Major Night Strike

Postby colton24 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Night Strike wrote:I'd recommend nixing any team name that is remotely racist............be careful.

my bad i wasnt paying attention there
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Postby owenshooter on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:42 am

the rebel flag is illegal in many states, as it is sign of racism/bigotry. brett attempted to sign me up without asking me, and i do not wish to participate in this racist and bigoted tournament. furthermore, colton should be dealt with in C&A for this, because it is a clear violation of the bigotry guidelines. this thread/tournament was made out of ignorance for the feelings of others and the historical significance of the confederate flag. this should be dealt with immediately-0

p.s.-way to go colton, enjoy my foe list. first ever to make it.
Last edited by owenshooter on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Night Strike on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:49 am

colton, your tournament is fine to run. Just make sure you don't allow racist team names (even if they are historical).
Major Night Strike

Postby owenshooter on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:56 am

Night Strike wrote:colton, your tournament is fine to run. Just make sure you don't allow racist team names (even if they are historical).

and this is based on what? who did you contact to verify this does not violate the bigotry guidelines? it is a KNOWN FACT that you believe racism does not exist, NS. you feel it is in the mind of the offended. i would suggest you step back and contact andy to make sure this is correct, because your inability to be objective on anything dealing with bigotry or racism is apparent. wonder why you vanished out of the bigotry guideline thread? your obtuse and linear thinking, paired with your lack of real world knowledge is glaringly obvious in matters that deal with bigotry and racism. again, i have a huge problem with this... and i feel it should at least be addressed. if i need to go to C&A, so be it. but you can not dismiss a valid concern from a member of the community based on your personal feeling that racism/bigotry does not exist.-0

p.s.-the civil war map is HISTORICAL. the confederate flag is fine on that map, since you asked in a PM to me in which you told me to "get over it."
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Night Strike on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:01 am

owenshooter wrote:
Night Strike wrote:colton, your tournament is fine to run. Just make sure you don't allow racist team names (even if they are historical).

and this is based on what? who did you contact to verify this does not violate the bigotry guidelines?

p.s.-the civil war map is HISTORICAL. the confederate flag is fine on that map, since you asked in a PM to me in which you told me to "get over it."

This tournament is based on a historical event, so using your own standards, it's not bigoted. If you don't like the tournament, then don't join it. You don't have to make this another crusade.
Major Night Strike

Postby owenshooter on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:08 am

Night Strike wrote:This tournament is based on a historical event

really? what part of "may the south rise again" is historical? your ignorance is laughable. but then again, you have made it clear you speak for team CC and i need to move along. this is going to be interesting. a mod that had declared that racism/bigotry does not exist and is in the mind of the offended, has declared a tournament with the tag line "may the south rise again" as being historical. wow... can you please direct me to the historical documentation where the south rose again, NS? you should leave this to someone objective to decide, and we both know that you are not that person.-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby neanderpaul14 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:35 am

owenshooter wrote:the rebel flag is illegal in many states, as it is sign of racism/bigotry. brett attempted to sign me up without asking me, and i do not wish to participate in this racist and bigoted tournament. furthermore, colton should be dealt with in C&A for this, because it is a clear violation of the bigotry guidelines. this thread/tournament was made out of ignorance for the feelings of others and the historical significance of the confederate flag. this should be dealt with immediately-0

p.s.-way to go colton, enjoy my foe list. first ever to make it.

Ummmm.....????? Could you please tell me which states the Confederate flag is actually illegal in?? I know it was removed from state buildings but was unaware it is illegal in any state.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Fruitcake on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:21 am

Staggering.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Rixilend on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:52 am

owenshooter wrote:
Night Strike wrote:This tournament is based on a historical event

really? what part of "may the south rise again" is historical? your ignorance is laughable. but then again, you have made it clear you speak for team CC and i need to move along. this is going to be interesting. a mod that had declared that racism/bigotry does not exist and is in the mind of the offended, has declared a tournament with the tag line "may the south rise again" as being historical. wow... can you please direct me to the historical documentation where the south rose again, NS? you should leave this to someone objective to decide, and we both know that you are not that person.-0

Dude seriously what is your problem? if you don't like it PASS IT because at this moment you are the ONLY and i repeat THE ONLY one talking about racistic and other crap things which are totally irelevant.

emo kid
Colonel Rixilend

Postby jbrettlip on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:54 am

Coop and I want our team name ot be SLAVE owners. Owners doesn't make any sense. I seem to recall slavery was legal in the US around the time of the Civil war. I want to reflect that in my team name.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby colton24 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:31 am

owenshooter i actually saw that someone else had done it and for the love of god someone do the north already im not from the north but im a bit suprised
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Postby colton24 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:36 am

jbrettlip wrote:Coop and I want our team name ot be SLAVE owners. Owners doesn't make any sense. I seem to recall slavery was legal in the US around the time of the Civil war. I want to reflect that in my team name.

hmmmmmmm um errrrr well do you REALLY have to have it that? if you do ill ummm i guess allow it maybe ill have to ask someone if i should

ps owen i actually dont think the south and slavery was right but saying that was just for the hell of it
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Postby jbrettlip on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:57 am

If this is historical the name should be allowed. "Slave owners" is in history textbooks across the country. It is not the n-word or some other derogatory slur. It simply was the way things were back then. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were both slave owners (although they weren't around in the Civil War, obviously). PLus it is a term to describe WHITE people during the civil war, and if CC has taught me anything, it is you can say anything you want about whites, republicans or religions (as long as they are predominantly white).
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby owenshooter on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:58 pm

jbrettlip wrote:If this is historical the name should be allowed. "Slave owners" is in history textbooks across the country.

this is a great name for the "south will rise again" tournament... still waiting for NS to show/tell me how "the south will rise again" is historical and not racist... he can't... he is wrong... period... and brett, "slave owners" is a great name for a team. i need to find a partner and name ourselves something like "the lynch mob", "20 lashes", "the white knights", etc... i mean, since NS has declared that there is nothing racist about the confederate flag, historical names and "the south will rise again", we might as well have fun with his laughable understanding of bigotry/racism within the historical context... nice call night strike!!! you are right, racism isn't real, it is simply in the mind of the offended!!!-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby AndrewB on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:52 pm

owenshooter, really, take it easy pal.

nobody made this tournament as a insult to you, or to any "offended".

if you want to put your twisted meaning into anything that surrounds you, you can, and it looks like you will.

But do it in your private matter and your private space. Don't spoil fun for others.

This is a game site, not "lets deal with racism and all historical wrongdoings" site. So let play on!
Last edited by AndrewB on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Next

Return to Completed 2009