Conquer Club

CC News [Issue 14: 6-8-09] - Back to our Roots!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: CC News [Issue 14: 6-8-09] - Back to our Roots!

Postby Timminz on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:27 pm

jpcloet wrote:To my understanding, not one person who has made a constructive criticism, has submitted their own article. Be part of the solution and write an article! Looking forward to more community involvement.

I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but any thought of me contributing in any "official" way went right out the window when I saw the treatment a good friend of mine received from an admin, when he retired recently (not even so much as a sincere "thank you"). I guess I can understand how my saying that will just increase "the officials'" desire to discount anything I say, but there you go. And, just because I have no interest in "official" contribution, does not mean that I don't want to contribute, or that I don't care about the community. I do. Quite a bit. That is why I get pissed off at some of the things that have been happening recently. Because I see them as detracting from the enjoyable nature that the community once contained. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy my time here (I wouldn't still be here if I didn't), but the enjoyment levels of the community aspects of CC have been in a steady decline as of late.

It might be worth taking note that pretty much every single one of the users who are "always complaining", or "never offering to contribute" are longstanding, highly-active community members. We didn't just magically all change our attitudes suddenly.
Captain Timminz

Postby Artimis on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:29 pm

jpcloet wrote:To my understanding, not one person who has made a constructive criticism, has submitted their own article. Be part of the solution and write an article! Looking forward to more community involvement.

As that thought crossed my mind, it was swiftly met from the other direction by the realisation that any article I could write would most likely not tow the official line and would therefore be summarily dismissed.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby Fruitcake on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Well it does seem a tad coincedental that we have two new posters suddenly springing up in the forums. Both with the same kind of attitude. Now if I was a gambling man, which of course as you all know I am not (ahem), I might just feel the need to have a punt that they were plants or just figments of the imagination (such as it is) of the site admin/mod crew.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby clapper011 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm

Fruitcake wrote:

Well it does seem a tad coincedental that we have two new posters suddenly springing up in the forums. Both with the same kind of attitude. Now if I was a gambling man, which of course as you all know I am not (ahem), I might just feel the need to have a punt that they were plants or just figments of the imagination (such as it is) of the site admin/mod crew.

darling..I am very real..not part of anyone's imagination!!! LOL
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby samuelc812 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:29 pm

I have no problem with negative feedback as long as it is constructive and provides a way to improve. Instead all you do is use sarcasm, and negativity to bring down the newsletter and the members of the community who are trying to contribute to it.

In the past few weeks i've tried to change a few things in the newsletter to make people happy. Changed up the interviews, i even had Mr Changsha taking over the interview section knowing full well he was not going to hold back, and i was fully intending at giving him a good go at it. Then he gets a 24hr ban, get's upset and quits.

With the loss of Fruitcake who also thought i was holding him back for some reason, we had nobody to write the kind of articles that he used to write. When elfish_lad came along and sent me not 1 but 3 articles, i was impressed. Here's someone who has just joined and they wanted to contribute.

The only way you guys are ever going to be completely satisfied with the newsletter, is if you contribute yourself. In no way have i ever edited someone's article except to correct spelling errors. So that excuse is just ridiculous.

Be satisfied or contribute yourself.

Regards,
samuelc812
Captain samuelc812

Postby owenshooter on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:58 pm

samuelc812 wrote:Be satisfied or contribute yourself.

or just make a better newsletter with help from constructive criticism... you missed that option...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 am

owenshooter wrote:

or just make a better newsletter with help from constructive criticism... you missed that option...-0

The only constructive criticism in this thread has come from jbrettlip, and we are discussing the option of merging the newsletters. You on the other hand have not given any "constructive criticism", if you were to however, i'd be happy to listen. I'm happy to receive criticism as long as you mention how to improve the area receiving the criticism, instead of complaining and putting down someone who is trying to positively contribute to the newsletter.

Regards,
samuelc812
Captain samuelc812

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:51 am

samuelc812 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

The only constructive criticism in this thread has come from jbrettlip, and we are discussing the option of merging the newsletters. You on the other hand have not given any "constructive criticism", if you were to however, i'd be happy to listen. I'm happy to receive criticism as long as you mention how to improve the area receiving the criticism, instead of complaining and putting down someone who is trying to positively contribute to the newsletter.

Regards,
samuelc812

Samuel, you're taking this personal. The criticism revolves around some noobie who CRITICIZED the Flame War Forum and those who enjoyed it.

What you perceived as personal attacks is what WE call constructive criticism. Sure it would be nice and only say good things about everything that has to do with C.C. and all the seperate outlets that is associated with it, but that's not reality or what goes on in the FREE WORLD. Certainly you don't want this place being run like North Korea, where dissent is considered traitorous.

How about this Samuel, start a thread challenging those who posted here and elsewhere to write a newsletter about Flame Wars past and how it helps and/or hurt C.C. You can have a "he said/she said" newsletter. I'm sure you would get a lot of responses from this proposal.

You do sound like you're open to having posters from all viewpoints write articles for C.C. and this would also involve those who feel somewhat betrayed by the present administrators of C.C.

Regards,
General Stoneham
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:34 am

GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:
samuelc812 wrote:

Regards,
samuelc812

Samuel, you're taking this personal. The criticism revolves around some noobie who CRITICIZED the Flame War Forum and those who enjoyed it.

What you perceived as personal attacks is what WE call constructive criticism. Sure it would be nice and only say good things about everything that has to do with C.C. and all the seperate outlets that is associated with it, but that's not reality or what goes on in the FREE WORLD. Certainly you don't want this place being run like North Korea, where dissent is considered traitorous.

How about this Samuel, start a thread challenging those who posted here and elsewhere to write a newsletter about Flame Wars past and how it helps and/or hurt C.C. You can have a "he said/she said" newsletter. I'm sure you would get a lot of responses from this proposal.

You do sound like you're open to having posters from all viewpoints write articles for C.C. and this would also involve those who feel somewhat betrayed by the present administrators of C.C.

Regards,
General Stoneham

I'm not taking this personally at all, i know full well that you are criticizing elfish_lad's article. If you are so upset about it, why not write an article saying how great flame wars was and how it benefited the site. I'm open to controversial articles being in the newsletter, some people enjoy reading them.

I do not see any personal attacks, but i also don't see any constructive criticism, it's just criticism, nothing constructive about it. I also don't expect only good things to be said about the newsletter, there are some people who will never, ever be satisfied with what the newsletter offers. It is something the editor just has to deal with. However, if these people just complain and complain and don't contribute to a solution than it's really not the fault of the Newsletter, we aren't forcing you to read the newsletter, if you're unhappy with it and are unwilling to be a part of the solution, then don't read it.

Respond with an article of your own, correcting his view. He is entitled to his personal opinion, so are you.

Regards,
samuelc812
Captain samuelc812

Postby jbrettlip on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:54 am

samuelc812 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Regards,
samuelc812

For some odd reason, I take offense at that statement. I really need to try harder! HAHHAHAH

You know what might be interesting, for a new users perspective, is to run followups of the user, joining a clan, first clan war, getting flamed in GD, making a sig too large, first unjustified ban etc. It could be their own reality newsletter show.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Windparson on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:59 am

Had to comment. Really enjoyed the new player article. I have been on CC now I think about 3 years, and it was interesting to see the parallels and differences that I saw in their viewpoint and my own from being in the same set of shoes! Great job.

I enjoy the newsletter, so keep up the good work.
"Get there fustest with the mostest", " War means fightin, and fightin' means killin." N.B.F

Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on. U.S. Grant
Corporal 1st Class Windparson

Previous

Return to Newsletter Issues