Conquer Club

Issue 85 [18/08/09]

Old issues and old threads regarding various newsletter things.

Moderator: Community Team

Issue 85 [18/08/09]

Postby sailorseal on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:13 pm

18/08/09

Hello tournament players and fans.
Well with my second issue comes three big announcements!

1. I will be hosting a graphics competition. The winner will receive a contest medal!
For details see here

2. We are currently seeking a new News Hound to join the pack! To apply PM sailorseal

3. I feel there is some concern about the future of this newsletter. In an attempt to calm this feeling I will be accepting questions and concerns instead of this weeks interview.
To pose questions visit here.

Thanks, and enjoy!
sailorseal

Image Fact of the Week
ImageNewsletter Poll
ImageNews Hound
ImageCurrently Taking Signups
ImageTournament Updates
ImageQuestion of the Week
ImageComing Soon
ImageThe Tournament Roll of Honor
ImageInterview with Kotaro
ImageNext Issue
ImageNotes
ImageStaff

Average number of posts per thread is highest in the 3 user areas: (ignoring Turtle Soup)

69.4 Tournaments
59.4 Clans
52.6 Foundry

Our current poll is still running, vote and discuss here

Unfortunately our News Hound was busy this week, stay tuned next edition for the return of our hound

Updates by sailorseal
Recently several updates have been made inside the tournament community
1. Tournament Director Task Distribution List
The Tournament Directing Team has made a public list of who to contact for what issue. They will all still grant privileges and answer general questions.

2. The tournament handbook has had additions made to it including Rescued Tournaments, helping to cut down on abandoned tournaments. To learn more about the updates and rescued tournaments please visit http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=93399

If you would like to see your tournament included here, please PM colton24 or visit this thread.

Tournament Name - Many Lands II - The European Tour
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=94046
Organiser - morleyjoe
Brief Description
Currently 16/27 (1/6) - need more players and reserves

The Aprrentice[5/16]
Organizer: Colton24
Same as the show with two teams Ares and Apex

Rebs vs Yankees [9/32]
Organizer:Colton24
Fight for the South or the North (just dont tell owenshooter :-$ )

Here are how some of the currently ongoing tournaments are progressing. Just click the title to visit the thread. Want your tournament listed here? Use the form at the end of this letter, and PM it to colton24 or post it in this thread.
Tournament Name: 2009 NFL 1v1 Challenge viewtopic.php?f=91&t=92409
Organiser: superkeener
Brief Description:
3 of 17 Weeks have been completed.

Tournament Name: Isle Cruise using a 7x7 windmill setup
Organiser Name: PaulusH
The last days for the last two groups at the British Isles are started :roll:
Planned end date: 16 September

Tournament Name: K3-Factor using a 6x6 windmill setup
All people started to sing the first song; sounds good up to now
Planned end date: 5 February

Tournament Name: Bring Your Own Recipe (BYOR) Dinner Date using a 5x5 windmill setup
All main dishes are served :D
Planned end date: 29 October

Tournament Name: Double Iron Bar using a 3x3 windmill setup
One table is still ordering steak
Planned end date: 31 August

Each issue there will be a question posted here, the first person to get the posted question correct will have their name displayed with GLORY in the next issue.
To submit an answer PM sailorseal

Last Week's WINNER: Cograts to Gilligan!

Last Week's Answer:
spinwizard

Question:
"Which Tournament Director has been on the team for the longest?"

Tournaments that organizers are planning on running.

Tournament Name - Many Lands III - North American Tour
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=94046
Organiser - morleyjoe

Roll of Honor is changing direction instead of randomly naming off all the winners we will spotlight a well fought victory.
If you or someone you know has won a important Tournament victory PM the winners name to sailorseal with a short description of why it deserves to be spotlighted.

This week we had the opportunity to interview Kotaro, a prominent Tournament Organizer and Player . All questions were submitted by readers of the newsletter.

Now, on with the interview!

Q: Hello Kotaro!

A: Sup.

Q: wow anyways what makes you think the newsletter will crash and burn under sailorseal's managemeant?

A: Oh, so many reasons. Incompetence. Lack of experience.
Mainly, what makes me think it will crash and burn, is because I've seen sailor's leadership. It didn't make the cut.

Q: Why were you chosen for this interview? There is a correct answer.

A: Maybe he wants to be flamed in an interview. Idk, people have crazy fettish's.

Q: What made you come back to organizing after posting that you were leaving and needing someone to take your active tournaments?

A: I was hoping to leave because I had recently gone through some problems, what with certain family members losing their medication and trying to kill me. However, when someone saw fit to extend my premium to 2011, I was a little pissed, but decided, what the hell, I'll stay.
Also, no one ever offered to take over those tournaments. Assholes.

Q: How does it feel to be beating the Editor in a clan war?

A: Too. Easy.

Q: How do you feel about the job that the mods are doing as they donate their time to help make CC a more fun place to play?

A: I find their excuses to be complete bullshit. I've volunteered my time before, both in real life, and online as a moderator of a small, yet very popular, add-on for FireFox and a much larger game then ConquerClub. When I was helping, I didn't make excuses about being a "volunteer", so I shouldn't put as much work as possible into it, and I didn't play favorites with anyone. I stayed attached to the community, but firm with the rules, never once being biased.

They can do better, they just won't.

Q: How about
"Choose 1, CC, or girls"

A: At this point in my life.. I'd go with ConquerClub. I'm Christian, so having as much sex in college as possible isn't really a time taking activity, and since I'm trying to concentrate on school and work, I don't have time for the girls that have shown any interest.

Q: Tell us about your feelings towards the BSS. And then about your mother. Every bit of information helps.

A: The "Black Sheep Squadron" should change their name to the more popular "Bull Shit Squadron". Me and a few friends called them out once, we found and beat a few in doubles and singles, and they still wouldn't take us seriously.

Oh well, they're good for farming. GEQ's hot, btw.

As for my mother; she's a bitch, a drug addict, and a whore.

Q: Kotaro please tell me your thoughts and feeling about same gender relationships between a man and a consenting goat. I'm very worried about my clan brother donny the bull, and his billy goat. Me thinks he is asking God to strike him dead, or impotent. Please help

A: Tell him that God loves him, no matter if he has sex with BoganGod or any other goat.

Q: Why did you pick your handle Kotaro. WHy how and i mean. What do you want it to say to people?

A: Ahh, Kotaro. A feudal aged ninja who struck fear into the hearts of thousands, killed tens of thousands, and wiped out armies...
Couldn't tell ya. Didn't want to go with my normal gaming tag, really.

Q: are you male or female... your profile said female for awhile....

A: I'm both, and neither. I am all and nothing. I am Alpha, and Omega...

Q: What's the meaning behind your name? And your 'manner', although may be taken as an act or expression of aggression...do you beat people up for a living or just for the fun of it? Secondly, how much can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck....

A: I just broke out dancing to my brothers ring tone on his cell. Anyways; See above for my name, I already answered this: boredom. And my "manner".. is basicly the result of years on this site with lame moderation.
If a woodchuck could chuck *slits own throat*

Q: how much do you love laxguy?

A: More then life itself. Laxguy, you are my one and only, my shining star, the 'tard to my public school, the bride to my goat, the...
Uh...

Q: Given the current economic standing in the United States and that unemployment rates in some states are double what they were a few years ago (e.g. California), I'm sure everyone acknowledges that now is not exactly the best time to find a job. Though President Obama is pushing out many many plans to aid the economy, such as the recent Cash for Clunkers deal, many are optimistic that the worst of the recession has already come and we can only look forward to improvements. However, not all are in agreement with President Obama's actions or proposals, so what I would like to know is, Kotaro, what do you predict the outcome of the clan challenge between Exictium and Water's Fury will be?

A: Easy fucking win.

Q: Me ( obliterationX ) and you made the Newsletter Editor sailorseal miss turns and almost deadbeat in a Clan Challenge doubles game on Waterloo. How do you feel about this? Are you proud or ashamed that you made a pre-pubescent CCer scared to take his turns?

A: For the record, I'm also making Colton not take his turn in a singles. LOL. As for sailorseal, whatever. Gozar picked a great editor; so dedicated to the site, he misses turns, and closes threads before they could reach their full potential. Whatever. I stopped reading.

Q: What is the meaning of life (there is an answer)?

A: God. And BoganGod. Some God Emperor Q. Maybe some Frozen_flame.

Q: Did you know that OP had it in him to flame?

A: I did indeed, I did indeed Diane.

Q: Were you surprised that he wrote something like that, even if it wasn't sincere?

A: I was not in the least.

Q: Any truth to the rumor that you are the first hermaphrodite to play CC?

A: Nowhere near the first.

Q: Do you think that CC rules should be able to be broken for a tournament?

A: I believe there are some interesting ideas that can come through tournaments. I myself would like a tournament that promotes going behind the scenes and conducting secret diplomacy, or ganging up on someone and rewarding it, but hell, what do I know?

Q: Why did it take you 2 years to organize and run your 1st tournament?
Do you see more in your future?

A: For the first 2 years, I helped a few people with their own, as we became friends, but I never felt the urge to do it myself. However, someone asked if I could help with something in a super secret TO usergroup, and I had to run one to be in there, so I did it. Nice and small and easy.

I'll do more in the future, but helping people is more rewarding then some stupid medal that Blitz thinks you have to have to be good at ConquerClub.

Q: What in your view is sailorseal doing wrong when running the newsletter? Why is everyone expecting you to be bitter?

A: Everyone expects me to be bitter because of the way this site is moderated and the stance I put on that. And although it is a relatively easy job, even for sailorseal, I see him making it dull, boring, and never contributing what could be an awesome newsletter, and instead letting it drag on and suck.

The results of our current poll

Notes

If you want your tournament included in a future issue, please PM colton24 using this form or visit this thread!:

----------------FORM-------------------
Status of tournament
Tournament Name(with link please)
Organiser: [Your name with 'player' tag]
Brief Description
(If recruiting) Approx. number of players needed
(If Ongoing) Approx. number of games remaining/percentage complete
---------------FORM---------------------

You can also write articles to submit for publishing, I can't keep this running by myself, I need YOUR help!

To subscribe/ unsubscribe for the tournament newsletter, visit this thread.
-
-
-

Staff
Editor in chief- sailorseal
Graphics- Sir. Ricco/samuelc812
News Hound-JoshyBoy
Ask the Nutts- David Hoekstra
Fact of the Week-tlane
Currently Taking Signups-colton24
Contributors- People like you!
Cook sailorseal

Re: Issue 85 [18/08/09]

Postby n00blet on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 am

Genius interview, if I do say so myself.

Even if it does say "Interview with Gozar"
Captain n00blet

Postby sailorseal on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:42 pm

n00blet wrote:Genius interview, if I do say so myself.

Even if it does say "Interview with Gozar"

Fixed sorry :oops:
Cook sailorseal

Postby colton24 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 pm

18/08/09? i think 8/18/09
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby Gilligan on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:55 pm

colton24 wrote:18/08/09? i think 8/18/09

Different parts of the world put the date before the month..
Captain Gilligan

Postby colton24 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:55 pm

Gilligan wrote:

he's in the US...
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 pm

colton24 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

he's in the US...

It's called continuing a precedent.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Kotaro on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Yeah, I'm not Gozar.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Return to Newsletter Archives