Conquer Club

The next big update... [Feedback Desired]

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I want these feature(s) most:

Poll ended at Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Total votes : 0

The next big update... [Feedback Desired]

Postby lackattack on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Now that I'm back from a my summer vacation, it's time to get back to some heavy duty programming... but what should I code :-k

I need your input - what major feature would you like to see next?
Sergeant lackattack

Re: The next big update... [Feedback Desired]

Postby targetman377 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

well lack i hope you had a good vacation.
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby owenshooter on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:13 pm

will this supercede the "to do list"?-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby fishydance on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:39 pm

lackattack wrote:Now that I'm back from a my summer vacation, it's time to get back to some heavy duty programming... but what should I code :-k

Hope you had a great vacation!! Now get those fingers to work, we want updates!! :lol:
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 pm

I would like to see infected neutrals before any of the stuff on this list.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Timminz on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 pm

2-player team games.....
Captain Timminz

Postby jpcloet on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Timminz wrote:2-player team games.....

Yes, 1v1 team games should be added!
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Strife on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Three four and six please.
Corporal Strife

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:10 pm

jpcloet wrote:
Timminz wrote:2-player team games.....

Yes, 1v1 team games should be added!

how is 1 vs 1 a team game jp?

do you jp and timminz mean 2 vs 2 for example blitzaholic and blitzaholic vs jpcloet and jpcloet and same player can join, so it is 1 player me vs you, but in a team game of doubles where i can join both slots for my team and you join both slots for your team? If so, i think that is an awesome idea and would like to see that feature added.

I also would like lack to consider bumping the 30 medal range to 50 maximum.

And it is overdue, but there should be allowed a clan medal for the clan winning the season clan league as long as they participated in a minimum of required games such as 12 or 15 games. This clan league season only happens once per year and the field and competition overall is much for difficult than many tourney;s, so only fair to reward the clan that wins a medal.

Also, for tourney's a new franchise medal needs to be added for tourney mini-series more than 10.

Medals for freestyle games completed, 20 games bronze, 100 silver, 400 gold.
Medals for flat rate games completed, same thing as above.
Medals for escalating games completed, same as above.
again for adjacent, chained, unlimited, etc. more medal options.

Lets face it, with lacks addition to adding medals, the cc site has exploded and we have more tourneys and players creating and entering them more than ever, this is good business for the cc site, you will see a similar explosion in the clans if you add medals their. I mean the tourney staff is having a challenging time to even keep up with the tournament explosion.

fix the freestyle loophole is what I voted for, but the other areas I spoke of deserve mentioning and attention at some point.

thx Lack for listening, respects, blitzy
General Blitzaholic

Postby targetman377 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
how is 1 vs 1 a team game jp?

do you jp and timminz mean 2 vs 2 for example blitzaholic and blitzaholic vs jpcloet and jpcloet and same player can join, so it is 1 player me vs you, but in a team game of doubles where i can join both slots for my team and you join both slots for your team? If so, i think that is an awesome idea and would like to see that feature added.

I also would like lack to consider bumping the 30 medal range to 50 maximum.

And it is overdue, but there should be allowed a clan medal for the clan winning the season clan league as long as they participated in a minimum of required games such as 12 or 15 games. This clan league season only happens once per year and the field and competition overall is much for difficult than many tourney;s, so only fair to reward the clan that wins a medal.

Also, for tourney's a new franchise medal needs to be added for tourney mini-series more than 10.

Medals for freestyle games completed, 20 games bronze, 100 silver, 400 gold.

Lets face it, with lacks addition to adding medals, the cc site has exploded and we have more tourneys and players creating and entering them more than ever, this is good business for the cc site, you will see a similar explosion in the clans if you add medals their. I mean the tourney staff is having a challenging time to even keep up with the tournament explosion.

fix the freestyle loophole is what I voted for, but the other areas I spoke of deserve mentioning and attention at some point.

thx Lack for listening, respects, blitzy

blitz i agree with you 100% adding more medeals is a great thing for the site.
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:22 pm

It is awesome for business for lack and the players, it's a win win situation.

I would even have lack consider adding a platinum and diamond medal, where bronze is 20, silver is 100, gold 300, like it is now, but platinum 700, diamond 1000.

This will keep many playing longer ;)
General Blitzaholic

Postby MrBenn on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:And it is overdue, but there should be allowed a clan medal for the clan winning the season clan league as long as they participated in a minimum of required games such as 12 or 15 games. This clan league season only happens once per year and the field and competition overall is much for difficult than many tourney;s, so only fair to reward the clan that wins a medal.

It would be nice to see a few more medals, but to be fair, the clan thing should be worthy of at least a Community Achievement Medal?

From the lackattack-list at the top of this thread, the double-turns loophole would be my top pick, although there are other things NOT on the list that I would equally like to see implemented ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:16 pm

a 1v1 team game is a game that you would be able to set at 1v1, but when both players joins, it looks like a 2v2 where instead of each player starting w/ 1/3 of the territs each, they get 1/4, in 2 different colors, and it works just like doubles
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby targetman377 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:48 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:a 1v1 team game is a game that you would be able to set at 1v1, but when both players joins, it looks like a 2v2 where instead of each player starting w/ 1/3 of the territs each, they get 1/4, in 2 different colors, and it works just like doubles

oh that's weird!!!! way of playing i would really like to try that!!! yeah lack should do that lack soon but he should fix the double turns thing first then work on 1 v 1 and then medleys.
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby Woodruff on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:53 pm

I know you didn't ask about these, but there are a lot of "seemingly easy fixes" from the to-do list that could be accomplished rather than one big thing?

I say that while recognizing that just because one of us may think it looks like an easy fix doesn't necessarily mean that it IS.

I know with time management, sometimes getting rid of a lot of little tasks is a better thing than knocking out one big task.

(Just a thought...)
Last edited by Woodruff on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Qwert on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:47 pm

Hmm i must say that frestyle fix,is not some new thing.

Lack you need to look mine sugestion,this will be great improvment for Scoreboard.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=93964
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:a 1v1 team game is a game that you would be able to set at 1v1, but when both players joins, it looks like a 2v2 where instead of each player starting w/ 1/3 of the territs each, they get 1/4, in 2 different colors, and it works just like doubles

oh ok, yes, I like that, thx
General Blitzaholic

Postby hwhrhett on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:19 pm

how about all the clan updates that twill told us we would have a few years ago??

like the ability to make labeled clan games, and make games for clan challenges without joining them. when we were told we could no longer use tournament privileges for these things twill told us they would be coming in just a few months, and that we could live without them in that short period of time, which is now 2 years ongoing..... not that im expecting you to bang them out right now, but figured id bring it up again....

but definately FIX THE FREESTYLE LOOPHOLE!
Cook hwhrhett

Postby pimphawks70 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:48 pm

without a doubt freestyle loophole
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:53 pm

lackattack wrote:Now that I'm back from a my summer vacation, it's time to get back to some heavy duty programming... but what should I code :-k

more medals so I dont have to hold out on my premium purchase again.....until someone secretly buys it again for me ;)
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 pm

MrBenn wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:And it is overdue, but there should be allowed a clan medal for the clan winning the season clan league as long as they participated in a minimum of required games such as 12 or 15 games. This clan league season only happens once per year and the field and competition overall is much for difficult than many tourney;s, so only fair to reward the clan that wins a medal.

It would be nice to see a few more medals, but to be fair, the clan thing should be worthy of at least a Community Achievement Medal?

From the lackattack-list at the top of this thread, the double-turns loophole would be my top pick, although there are other things NOT on the list that I would equally like to see implemented ;-)

community medal should start to be issued to non-mods and non-site workers.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby notyou2 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome back Lack. How was Shediac? The place has gone haywire while you were away.

I would like to see moderators that actually show moderation when enforcing the revamped rules, evenly and fairly and with transparency. As well as an examination in minute detail of recent bannings that seem heavy handed and unfair to many in this diverse and divided community.
Captain notyou2

Postby AAFitz on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Fix it so the new players dont get stuck with ridiculously low ratings, just because they are new. One bad rating can drop them down to 4.0, which really should be reserved for players that well...earn that low rating.

Even if you just soften the blow, by delaying the timing that the ratings take effect...it should allow a player to have a better rating when they do take effect, and also, not discourage them from staying. It really wont affect all of us, but I think in the long run, it may very well, keep a player or two around.

At the very least, it will correct a disparity of fairness. Im assuming this is a very easy fix, which is why I suggest it now. You must be sick of me mentioning it by now, so you might as well just shut me up...and help out the newbies :D
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Zombie73 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:47 pm

why dont you focus on the business aspect of your mods.

they are ruining your site.

bring back DM. ;)
"I want you to take all of it! The breathalyzing, the hillbilliness, and i want you to put it inside your piano!" --- line from Ronnie Dobbs' sketch in 'Mr. Show'
Sergeant Zombie73

Postby Incandenza on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:11 pm

I think that there are three main areas that could use some serious turtle-love:

1. Clans. The whole CC clan experience is growing exponentially, and yet we still lack some really basic necessities, like game creation and labelling privileges for clan leaders (or at the very least, for jp and marval, special dispensations aside), to say nothing of the whole OTIS thing. But a few small changes would make clan challenges and leagues ever so much easier to run.

2. Site mechanics. Really, the freestyle loophole has to go, and should have been fixed long ago. This won't be the first time that a deep flaw in freestyle has had to be fixed. And as long as there are identifiable flaws/loopholes in freestyle, it will continue to be a stigmatized game setting.

3. Gameplay. It's been ages since CC had a new gameplay feature, and while random maps are all well and good, they remain something of a novelty. Infected neutrals also sound cool, but again they seem like more of a novelty than anything approaching a killer app. However, team 1v1 games would, IMHO, give the site a major shot in the arm. I recall the heady days when 1v1 games were first introduced, and game creation took off like an ICBM. While team 1v1s may not be quite as popular, they would certainly fill a huge niche and would become very popular.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion