Conquer Club

Freestyle improved

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby KraphtOne on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:54 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:
KraphtOne wrote:I will personally be joining as many freestyles as i can and using delay tactics to win games just to prove that this is a bad fix...

What delay tactics remain?

Great fix Lack...

I Can Take My Turn Faster Than Most... So Now When The Game Gets Crucial I Can Just Move Quickly, End My Turn And Then Wait 8 Hours Until The Other Guy Is Gone To Take My Turn...

Same With Speed Freestyle... Now You Absolutely Have To Be The First Person To End Your Turn... Before I Knew When Rounds Would Be Over And It Didnt Matter Who Ended Their Turn First... Now You Literally Have To Sit And Mash The "B" Button For 2 And A Half Minutes...

Or In The Case Of A Casual Game... You Have To Mash The Button For 12 Hours :0)

I Can Almost See An Argument In Changing This For Casual Games... But There Are Plenty Of Us That Play Speed Freestyle And Enjoy It And Double Turning Does Not Ruin Lives... But Congrats On Ruining A Great Way To Play The Game... You Could Have At Least Added A F**kin Option In The Game Setup Menu "allow double turns/don't allow"... People Can Then Create Or Join Whatever Game They Wanted...

The Funny Thing Is That Those Of You Who Thought This Somehow Needed To Be Fixed Think That All Of A Sudden You're Going To Be Great Freestyle Players... You Think This Will Help You Beat Herpes At Mogul? All He's Gonna Do Is Start And End His First Turn And That's That You're Waiting On Him For The Rest Of The Game...

As Was Said In The Classic Sheen Movie Major League... "New Haircut, Same Dead Arm..."
Major KraphtOne

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Nice! About time this is fixed. Watch some people's scores tank!

my thoughts exactly
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby alex951 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:40 pm

i think that the turn block is a good idea, however it F's up doodle assassin games
Corporal alex951

Postby alex951 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:48 pm

the reason we wait for the time to run out is so we could attack at the last seconds then start the new turn and finish off our target. and that a BIG part of these types of games!
Corporal alex951

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:50 pm

Is this an error??

Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:51 pm

alex951 wrote:the reason we wait for the time to run out is so we could attack at the last seconds then start the new turn and finish off our target. and that a BIG part of these types of games!

Suck it up cupcake and get used to it.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby owenshooter on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:55 pm

alex951 wrote:the reason we wait for the time to run out is so we could attack at the last seconds then start the new turn and finish off our target. and that a BIG part of these types of games!

yeah, cheating was a HUGE part of these games... thanks Lt. Obvious...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:58 pm

KraphtOne wrote:I Can Take My Turn Faster Than Most... So Now When The Game Gets Crucial I Can Just Move Quickly, End My Turn And Then Wait 8 Hours Until The Other Guy Is Gone To Take My Turn...

Same With Speed Freestyle... Now You Absolutely Have To Be The First Person To End Your Turn... Before I Knew When Rounds Would Be Over And It Didnt Matter Who Ended Their Turn First... Now You Literally Have To Sit And Mash The "B" Button For 2 And A Half Minutes...

I Can Almost See An Argument In Changing This For Casual Games... But There Are Plenty Of Us That Play Speed Freestyle And Enjoy It And Double Turning Does Not Ruin Lives... But Congrats On Ruining A Great Way To Play The Game... You Could Have At Least Added A F**kin Option In The Game Setup Menu "allow double turns/don't allow"... People Can Then Create Or Join Whatever Game They Wanted...

The Funny Thing Is That Those Of You Who Thought This Somehow Needed To Be Fixed Think That All Of A Sudden You're Going To Be Great Freestyle Players... You Think This Will Help You Beat Herpes At Mogul? All He's Gonna Do Is Start And End His First Turn And That's That You're Waiting On Him For The Rest Of The Game...

As Was Said In The Classic Sheen Movie Major League... "New Haircut, Same Dead Arm..."

I think this needed to be fixed. I would run you over with out without your lame double turn. Your points make no sense, but this does stop people from holding an objective running the clock out and starting right away. This is a great fix, and yes I do play freestyle speed and casual.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:05 pm

I see the logo is new... the green red, but that looks pretty tacky and really not needed. The current red / green would have worked.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby alex951 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Bruceswar wrote:

Suck it up cupcake and get used to it.

but in doodle assassin ppl expect the double turn, i agree with the other dude there should be a option to use double turns or not
Last edited by alex951 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal alex951

Postby alex951 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:53 pm

some ppl like using fog of war and some ppl like playing with double turn
Corporal alex951

Postby jsnr75 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Thanks for the change!
Corporal 1st Class jsnr75

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 pm

=D>
now back to work on other cool things mr turtle
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:29 pm

alex951 wrote:some ppl like using fog of war and some ppl like playing with double turn

Yawn... the exploit is over... next... BTW just because you can use Clickable maps... run the clock out and make a quick kill on someone does not make you any better than the next guy..
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 pm

Not a freestyle fan, but I'll have to give the changes a shot. Still hoping for my suggestion:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45440
would have come in handy today
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby cramill on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:17 pm

Hooray! I aprove of this update! (And so quick too!)
Corporal 1st Class cramill

Postby yeti_c on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:48 pm

KraphtOne wrote:I Can Take My Turn Faster Than Most... So Now When The Game Gets Crucial I Can Just Move Quickly, End My Turn And Then Wait 8 Hours Until The Other Guy Is Gone To Take My Turn...

That's some sweet maths work there.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby RoiTanWaji on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:32 am

Thanks for this change. This is a real improvement.
Sergeant 1st Class RoiTanWaji

Postby Koganosi on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:50 am

Finally the thing I was w8ing for and have suggested before. Love you lack.

Urs

Koganosi.
Major Koganosi

Postby fingerling on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:16 am

you know what lack attack??

I love this improve. You rocks
Corporal 1st Class fingerling

Postby djt5483 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:25 am

might as well get rid of casual freestyle all together
Corporal 1st Class djt5483

Postby LFAW on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:30 am

AAFitz wrote:I believe it means I will win a game that i was probably going to lose now...lol

Heheheh you were lucky fitz :P

Though boo! Bad update :P
Brigadier LFAW

Postby ahunda on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:52 am

So what´s next on the list ?

1v1 team games, I hope ?

O:)
Field Marshal ahunda

Postby Brann2006 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:33 am

KraphtOne wrote:
pimphawks70 wrote:
KraphtOne wrote:I will personally be joining as many freestyles as i can and using delay tactics to win games just to prove that this is a bad fix...

What delay tactics remain?

Great fix Lack...

I Can Take My Turn Faster Than Most... So Now When The Game Gets Crucial I Can Just Move Quickly, End My Turn And Then Wait 8 Hours Until The Other Guy Is Gone To Take My Turn...

ye, this sucks. all 1vs1 freestyle games is just borring. the one the is actually geek enough to sit and hold the b button down for years wins.....

and in 8man's freestyle games. wtf! pointless
Major Brann2006

Postby sully800 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:35 am

That is a long ass title!

The reason freestyle needed to be fixed was objective maps. In the last freestyle update it was deemed a necessary evil that you could still get a double turn by running out of time (Quick note here - we used to have REAL double turn allowed games. You didn't need to run out of time, you could just take a second turn. These were eliminated to make the game more casual and more fair so I don't see them coming back. The hybrid was even worse because not everyone knew about the loop hole). When objective games were added freestyle got really messed up, because double turning could guarantee the win. Previously, a double turn would hurt your opponent but it wasn't very likely that you could eliminate them (especially since you were forgoing a card). With the loophole, all you had to do was capture the objective, run out of time, start turn and win. There was no opportunity for an opponent to break you, despite knowing exactly what time the round would end. Hence, there was outrage across the site because this practice made freestyle very little fun on objective maps and ruined the casual nature of the game.
Major sully800

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives