Conquer Club

No Double turns=stupid

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

No Double turns=stupid

Postby Mab52983 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:47 am

It was the best thing about a freestyle game.It pointless to even create a freestyle game now, because you'll be at a disadvantage from the beginning since you'll pretty much automatically go 2nd.I don't see how it was unfair to anyone when they would go first,the you double turn and then they can double turn right back.Or if your on CC at the time you can stop them from double turning anyway.I don't see why so many people were whining about it.If you want to basically play sequential rules why join a freestyle game?It was a different and fun way to play and some whiners ruined it.I know when my premium is up with Conquer Crap I'm not renewing it.
Sergeant 1st Class Mab52983

Re: No Double turns=stupid

Postby djt5483 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:06 am

i agree 100%
Corporal 1st Class djt5483

Postby LFAW on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:35 am

Have to agree, now Fitzy wins more points :P
Brigadier LFAW

Postby King_Herpes on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:39 am

I am a sexual monster.
Sorry about your little butt āœŖ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby AAFitz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:26 am

LFAW wrote:Have to agree, now Fitzy wins more points :P

nope...

would have been nice to have beat you on that...

funny how you set those games up, and the second I actually finished my turn before you, you were calling for RT and accusing me of abusing freestyle by waiting.... but how you set up 3 open games, instead of speed games...and clearly were planning on double turning

of course I would have been there for the double turn, but it would have been irrelevant

I doubt ill beat you at the second game either...but it will be nice to know you are patiently sitting there hitting "b" for another 6 hours

I do feel bad that you spent so much time hitting B for hours, to get your bonus the exact second I started. all for the 6 points you must have snagged from me...lol
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby LFAW on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:31 am

AAFitz wrote:

nope...

funny how you set those games up, and the second I actually finished my turn before you, you were calling for RT and accusing me of abusing freestyle by waiting.... but how you set up 3 open games, instead of speed games...and clearly were planning on double turning

of course I would have been there for the double turn, but it would have been irrelevant

I doubt ill beat you at the second game either...but it will be nice to know you are patiently sitting there hitting "b" for another 6 hours

I do feel bad that you spent so much time hitting B for hours, to get your bonus the exact second I started. all for the 6 points you must have snagged from me...lol

I have no life :P
Brigadier LFAW

Postby AAFitz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:32 am

LFAW wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

nope...

I have no life :P

must be tough sitting there hitting b while you read the forum though and type stuff out... :lol:
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby LFAW on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 am

Hence why my replies are short and to the point :D
Brigadier LFAW

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:22 am

Waaaaaahhh
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:42 am

djt5483 wrote:i agree 100%

Ditto.
There is little more to say.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Kotaro on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 am

Suggestion: give us a REAL update, that will improve the site, not half the amount of Freestyle games that will be created.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby danfrank on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:52 am

i rarely ever play FS.. I have never used a double turn and now i definitly never will.. i really dont see how it is an improvement.. so freestyle means now only every1 can play at one time.. WHOOOPEEE :?
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby AAFitz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:21 am

danfrank wrote:i rarely ever play FS.. I have never used a double turn and now i definitly never will.. i really dont see how it is an improvement.. so freestyle means now only every1 can play at one time.. WHOOOPEEE :?

Its an improvement, because now if you are quick enough to end your turn first, you dont have to worry about missing a turn because of a double turn.

It really only changes games for those who use the double turns, but it does help people like me, who simply never bother with them. It also makes it far more likely that someone will play the freestyle game quicker, because there is no need to wait the full 24 hours to make the turn.

It hardly means it will be real time, but it makes the risk of real time less, especially if you can play fast. On some maps, a double turn is the whole game. Now its a little more balanced, with the slight advantage to those who join second, if the person who made the game isnt watching.

It also eliminates the massive advantage over new players, who have no idea what a double turn is, no idea how to make one, and no idea what happened on the game usually, and this of course was the reason it was eliminated.

It wasnt eliminated for the regulars who know how to counter a double turn...it was eliminated to protect the new players, that were being gobbled up, not ever having any idea what happened, and how they lost the games.

The playing field has somewhat been leveled for them, and even the most vocal voices for double turns, knows this is the true case, and is just ignoring that one little fact out of convenience.
Too much. I know.

Postby alster on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:49 pm

AAFitz wrote:It also eliminates the massive advantage over new players, who have no idea what a double turn is, no idea how to make one, and no idea what happened on the game usually, and this of course was the reason it was eliminated.

It wasnt eliminated for the regulars who know how to counter a double turn...it was eliminated to protect the new players, that were being gobbled up, not ever having any idea what happened, and how they lost the games.

The playing field has somewhat been leveled for them, and even the most vocal voices for double turns, knows this is the true case, and is just ignoring that one little fact out of convenience.

Of course you are right (no ignorance out of convenience in other words). But, I don't think this is an argument that holds water in the first place. New players are disadvantaged to begin with. No need to pamper them by destroying the freestyle setting even more. If you're new, go out there, have someone do a double-turn on your ass, learn from it and move on either by playing seq. or by continue playing freestyle knowing you got another strategy to use.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby MrBenn on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:22 pm

The double-turn was only ever loophole. Now that it's closed, people who have been abusing it will need to rethink their strategy.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Kotaro on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:25 pm

Yay. So now, freestyle is whoever joins last, gets to take their turn first for the entire game. What a huge update!
Next up, we're making the color Red, Red'r! Oh Golly Gee, that's a big one! Go CC!
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby Bones2484 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Kotaro wrote:Yay. So now, freestyle is whoever joins last, gets to take their turn first for the entire game. What a huge update!
Next up, we're making the color Red, Red'r! Oh Golly Gee, that's a big one! Go CC!

I didn't realize that all freestyle games were 1v1.
Major Bones2484

Postby Mab52983 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
Kotaro wrote:Yay. So now, freestyle is whoever joins last, gets to take their turn first for the entire game. What a huge update!

Yea,well now it's pretty much pointless to play 1v1 freestyle or team freestyle.
Sergeant 1st Class Mab52983

Postby Kotaro on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Bones2484 wrote:

I didn't realize you were still around to post off-topic conversations in threads.

And it affects team games too, but I guess that doesn't count now, does it? Go elsewhere troll, no one likes you.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby djt5483 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:59 pm

so now if you start a freestyle 1 on 1 and it takes a while to start, your most likely gonna leave and then whoever joins will go first and your most likely fucked... so why would anyone start a casual freestyle 1 on 1 now?
Corporal 1st Class djt5483

Postby demonfork on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:05 pm

djt5483 wrote:so now if you start a freestyle 1 on 1 and it takes a while to start, your most likely gonna leave and then whoever joins will go first and your most likely fucked... so why would anyone start a casual freestyle 1 on 1 now?

demonfork wrote:
lackattack wrote:Thanks for all the feedback! Looks like Freestyle changes are most popular, and I really did not expect that. I've spent the afternoon going through all our forum topics on the subject and I plan to get cracking on it tomorrow! :D

This will ruin freestyle & basically turn it into sequential. Now, just like sequential, the advantage will truly go to the player that goes first. Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Freestyle 1v1 is now fucking stoopid!
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby alex951 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:10 pm

it F's up doodle assassin speed game, the double turn was as really important, when you play doodle assassin speed games you expect the double turn, and you use it just like everyone else. at least give us a option on whether or not we want to use it.
Corporal alex951

Postby sully800 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Kotaro wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

I didn't realize you were still around to post off-topic conversations in threads.

And it affects team games too, but I guess that doesn't count now, does it? Go elsewhere troll, no one likes you.

How was Bones' post off-topic? You stated that all freestyle games would be a certain way, when in fact it only affects 1v1 (and most team games) as Bones was pointing out. Please leave your flaming at the door.

The reasons for this change have been posted repeatedly, and yes it works better in multiplayer games than in 1v1. Just the same, if your opponent plays first you still have a chance to start while they are playing the next turn and end before them, thereby switching the tables. I understand this is not very likely in a casual game but it is very possible in speed 1v1's.

As stated earlier, the existence of this double turn mechanism was only ever a loophole. I would suggest going to Alstergren's thread for real double turn allowed games and maybe you all can develop a clear enough idea with enough support that double turns will be brought back in a transparent way.
Major sully800

Postby KraphtOne on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:52 am

If You are ANTI-double turn

aka: anti-freestyle

Please Post Here What Your Win Percentage Is On Freestyle Since They "fixed" Freestyle For You Guys And Made It "fair"

And Though I'm Not Quite The Demonfork I'll Play 5 Against Any Non-DT "freestyle player" And We'll See How This Update Has Made It Even For You...

And If Your Argument Is That It Prevents Me From PWNing Noobs Then How About Posting A Suggestion On What Ranks Are Allowed To Play New Recruits Instead Of Ruining A Game Format That The Better CC Players Enjoy Playing Against Each Other...

and ps: the reason we like playing freestyle is because it takes out the luck factor of a random turn order... but i guess you idiots will take any advantage you can get :evil: :evil: :evil:

~k1
Major KraphtOne

Postby sully800 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:02 am

and ps: the reason we like playing freestyle is because it takes out the luck factor of a random turn order... but i guess you idiots will take any advantage you can get :evil: :evil: :evil:

You are still very welcome to play freestyle without the loophole.
Major sully800

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion