Freestyle improved

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Media Team, Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby AAFitz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:37 am

LFAW wrote:
AAFitz wrote:I believe it means I will win a game that i was probably going to lose now...lol


Heheheh you were lucky fitz :P

Though boo! Bad update :P


Actually, I figured this update would hit soon, which is why i joined those games

I wanted to see your face when you lost your double turn option...
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby LFAW on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:40 am

:P
Image
User avatar
Captain LFAW
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:23 am
Location: Britain
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby jotheconqueror on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:17 am

i dont think this update was needed. is it my fault someone is going to mis a turn or that im going to be the first one on AFTER THE NEW ROUND BEGINS?
Image
Corporal 1st Class jotheconqueror
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:14 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:43 am

alex951 wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
alex951 wrote:the reason we wait for the time to run out is so we could attack at the last seconds then start the new turn and finish off our target. and that a BIG part of these types of games!



Suck it up cupcake and get used to it.


but in doodle assassin ppl expect the double turn, i agree with the other dude there should be a option to use double turns or not

YDI for playing assdoodles
jotheconqueror wrote:i dont think this update was needed. is it my fault someone is going to mis a turn or that im going to be the first one on AFTER THE NEW ROUND BEGINS?

You're misunderstanding…
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby Ausonius on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:52 am

This is a good improvement but how about eliminating deferred armies for players who miss rounds? In many cases it turns out to be an advantage for the player who is not responsible or courteous enough to take his turn on time. He makes other players wait and then gets to mass armies because of the deferred ones he receives.
Corporal 1st Class Ausonius
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:24 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby sully800 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:12 am

Ausonius wrote:This is a good improvement but how about eliminating deferred armies for players who miss rounds? In many cases it turns out to be an advantage for the player who is not responsible or courteous enough to take his turn on time. He makes other players wait and then gets to mass armies because of the deferred ones he receives.


But he can't attack with those deferred armies since he receives them at the end of the round. Missing turns is definitely a disadvantage since you miss a card opportunity and you get to attack with fewer men and you cannot defend your bonus regions. Penalizing someone even more for missing a turn would mean that you have to take every turn to win the game - CC operates on the understanding that you might not be able to have computer access every 24 hours for the rest of your lives, and therefore you can miss a turn once in a while without facing too may consequences. I think the current system is quite well balanced, but if you want to discuss it further please read through the appropriate threads in suggestions and bug reports (don't start a new one, plenty already exist on this topic).
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby AAFitz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:14 am

jotheconqueror wrote:i dont think this update was needed. is it my fault someone is going to mis a turn or that im going to be the first one on AFTER THE NEW ROUND BEGINS?



This rule only affects those, who wait till the round is up, and dont finish their turn. In this case, even if they are in their turn, the round ending ends their turn, and they cannot go again.

It really only affects those who wait till the last hour of a 24 hour game, and purposely dont finish their turn, in hopes of a back to back turn.

In speed games, its effects are virtually nill, because the round is only 5 min, and all you have to do is stay there to get all deserved bonuses.. it eliminates no real advantage, and it creates no advantage on speed games
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby Robinette on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:15 am

omigod...

do you realize what you've done?
without this there is no extra advantage...
was that even considered?

what's next?
they gonna end up blocking dice hacks, too?






http://www.otrnow.com/store/dvd/Alpha/ItsAJokeSon.jpg
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Robinette
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 pm
Location: Northern California
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby Brann2006 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:24 pm

meh, their next update is that they have closed down all the page, cus lack of players. bad update =D>
Sergeant Brann2006
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:42 am
Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Brann2006 wrote:meh, their next update is that they have closed down all the page, cus lack of players. bad update =D>

Are you saying that no one will play because of the removal of doubleturns? :?
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby sully800 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:49 pm

djt5483 wrote:might as well get rid of casual freestyle all together


2 player casual freestyle perhaps, but that is a very specific game type. All the other set ups of casual freestyle will work quite well now.
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby AAFitz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:22 pm

sully800 wrote:
djt5483 wrote:might as well get rid of casual freestyle all together


2 player casual freestyle perhaps, but that is a very specific game type. All the other set ups of casual freestyle will work quite well now.


not even, Id guess the majority didnt even use the double turn, so its only those that needed it and relied on it that will miss it.

Further, it still makes for a fun game... it just doesnt have the same loophole as before
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7238
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby alex951 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:52 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
alex951 wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
alex951 wrote:the reason we wait for the time to run out is so we could attack at the last seconds then start the new turn and finish off our target. and that a BIG part of these types of games!



Suck it up cupcake and get used to it.


but in doodle assassin ppl expect the double turn, i agree with the other dude there should be a option to use double turns or not

YDI for playing assdoodles


i like playing doodle assassin speed, i find them fun thats why i made Killing WIth A Crayon, for all players that also like doodle assassin, and the turn block messes with the play, everyone that plays doodle assassin speed expect the doodle turn and uses it
User avatar
Corporal alex951
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 pm
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby djt5483 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:52 pm

i wouldnt call it an improvement
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class djt5483
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:03 pm
Location: wisconsin
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (4) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby noretreat on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:37 am

but that hiney is
I am always open for suggestions .
Just make them good or I am gone, and this kitty is a rockin so hurry before I'm out the door
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class noretreat
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: U.S.A
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby karelpietertje on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:51 am

Okay I came across a weird situation so I figured I would just report it to see if it was intended to be like that.
This is what happened:
speed freestyle 6 man game.
player A, B, C, and D ended before player E, so E was the last to end.
however, player F missed his turn.
next round, the player who was blocked was player E, and player F wasn't.

apparently missing a turn is not considered as ending a turn, like running out of time is now.
Image
User avatar
Major karelpietertje
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:43 pm
Medals: 61
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby sully800 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:00 am

karelpietertje wrote:Okay I came across a weird situation so I figured I would just report it to see if it was intended to be like that.
This is what happened:
speed freestyle 6 man game.
player A, B, C, and D ended before player E, so E was the last to end.
however, player F missed his turn.
next round, the player who was blocked was player E, and player F wasn't.

apparently missing a turn is not considered as ending a turn, like running out of time is now.


hmmm, that's interesting. Missing a turn doesn't get you blocked because by definition you cannot take a double turn (you didn't take the first one). And yet intuitively I was thinking the person who missed should have been blocked, even though there is no reason for it. I think lack got it right with the way it is currently coded because this prevented Player E from getting the double turn, even though that person may have intended to play second to last instead of last.
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby Ace Rimmer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:29 am

sully800 wrote:
karelpietertje wrote:Okay I came across a weird situation so I figured I would just report it to see if it was intended to be like that.
This is what happened:
speed freestyle 6 man game.
player A, B, C, and D ended before player E, so E was the last to end.
however, player F missed his turn.
next round, the player who was blocked was player E, and player F wasn't.

apparently missing a turn is not considered as ending a turn, like running out of time is now.


hmmm, that's interesting. Missing a turn doesn't get you blocked because by definition you cannot take a double turn (you didn't take the first one). And yet intuitively I was thinking the person who missed should have been blocked, even though there is no reason for it. I think lack got it right with the way it is currently coded because this prevented Player E from getting the double turn, even though that person may have intended to play second to last instead of last.


Player E wouldn't have gotten a true double turn, because he had to wait for player F to miss his turn. I think i n that case, there should not have been a block.

Jake
User avatar
Captain Ace Rimmer
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (4)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby sailorc on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:44 am

jakewilliams wrote:
sully800 wrote:
karelpietertje wrote:Okay I came across a weird situation so I figured I would just report it to see if it was intended to be like that.
This is what happened:
speed freestyle 6 man game.
player A, B, C, and D ended before player E, so E was the last to end.
however, player F missed his turn.
next round, the player who was blocked was player E, and player F wasn't.

apparently missing a turn is not considered as ending a turn, like running out of time is now.


hmmm, that's interesting. Missing a turn doesn't get you blocked because by definition you cannot take a double turn (you didn't take the first one). And yet intuitively I was thinking the person who missed should have been blocked, even though there is no reason for it. I think lack got it right with the way it is currently coded because this prevented Player E from getting the double turn, even though that person may have intended to play second to last instead of last.


Player E wouldn't have gotten a true double turn, because he had to wait for player F to miss his turn. I think i n that case, there should not have been a block.

Jake

I think that it was a double turn. Player E, even though there was time between when he ended his turn and when the round ended, would have had a double turn because he was the last to actually play. Player F wouldn't have another double turn since he didn't take the initial first turn. (I don't play freestyle much, so I may be wrong. It's just my opinion)
"It is better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness."
Highest Score: 2272 Highest Rank: Major Highest on Scoreboard: 745
Captain sailorc
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 am
Location: Ohio
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:08 am

question playing a 4 player game freestyle
i take my turn 3rd in the round so there is one guy left to play
yet he misses his turn...
but im blocked from taking my turn now..
this doesnt seem right, that im blocked but the guy who missed his turn isnt
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9650
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby Ace Rimmer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:30 am

lord voldemort wrote:question playing a 4 player game freestyle
i take my turn 3rd in the round so there is one guy left to play
yet he misses his turn...
but im blocked from taking my turn now..
this doesnt seem right, that im blocked but the guy who missed his turn isnt


That's what we're talking about above. Taking your turn 3rd then having the 4th player miss isn't a double turn, just like if you are the last person then someone waits 12 hours and you go again that's not a double turn. Double turn meant that you ran out of time so that you could go again right away. If you are not the last person to go and the last person misses his turn, you should not be punished for that, as it's not a double turn (you can't take your next turn right away).

Jake
User avatar
Captain Ace Rimmer
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (4)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:37 am

jakewilliams wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:question playing a 4 player game freestyle
i take my turn 3rd in the round so there is one guy left to play
yet he misses his turn...
but im blocked from taking my turn now..
this doesnt seem right, that im blocked but the guy who missed his turn isnt


That's what we're talking about above. Taking your turn 3rd then having the 4th player miss isn't a double turn, just like if you are the last person then someone waits 12 hours and you go again that's not a double turn. Double turn meant that you ran out of time so that you could go again right away. If you are not the last person to go and the last person misses his turn, you should not be punished for that, as it's not a double turn (you can't take your next turn right away).

Jake


lol i should read the thread...
i have to agree with it then
i am a massive fan of getting rid of the strategic double turn...i dont think we should be punished for players missing turns though...esp when i forted in a way to hold my bonus and go as soon as the clock went over...
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9650
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby Wolffystyle on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:04 am

Auto-typers are now much more valuable.
User avatar
Brigadier Wolffystyle
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 10:01 pm
Location: Chicago
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby kennys777 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 pm

personally I don't like it. I just joined a speed game, didn't see the update, and got screwed on the win! hell with freestyle.
User avatar
Captain kennys777
 
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:27 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby alex951 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:56 pm

"freestyle" speed games are basically casual game now. so i dont see the point in buying premium again? :(
User avatar
Corporal alex951
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 pm
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login