Conquer Club

Freestyle improved

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby sully800 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:54 pm

alex951 wrote:"freestyle" speed games are basically casual game now. so i dont see the point in buying premium again? :(

Are you referring to 2 player freestyle speed exclusively? I only ask because I fail to see how this would have impacted multiplayer games in such a drastic fashion, because in multiplayer games people will still be playing simultaneously and the turn order will constantly be changing.
Major sully800

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:45 pm

alex951 wrote:"freestyle" speed games are basically casual game now. so i dont see the point in buying premium again? :(

LOLwut?
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Robinette on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:46 pm

lol, the last 3 posts show a range of responses to the same comment...
1) politely helping you to understand :idea:
2) confused :-s but actually tounge-in-cheek ;)
3) laughing :lol:

Lucky for you, no evil posts... yet
Brigadier Robinette

Postby alex951 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:40 pm

i'm just pissed that i had to find out about the double turn during a doodle assassin speed game. and i occasionally play 1v1 speed games, and no i dont like posting evil comments, i just want a option or something you know?
Corporal alex951

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:45 pm

I've played a dozen 6-8man freestyle and 3 1v1s (all speed), and none of them resembled seq in any way.

It's really not that hard to end at :02; chances are nothing's going to happen past and even if it did, you wouldn't be able to counter-act it…
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby AceArtemis on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:02 pm

alex951 wrote:i'm just pissed that i had to find out about the double turn during a doodle assassin speed game. and i occasionally play 1v1 speed games, and no i dont like posting evil comments, i just want a option or something you know?

What's so bad about not having the double turn in a speed game? Don't people start their turn as soon as the round begins, anyway? Even if they don't, the max you would have to wait is 2 1/2 minutes. Big deal.
Lieutenant AceArtemis

Postby karelpietertje on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:07 am

Wolffystyle wrote:Auto-typers are now much more valuable.

Indeed! Conquerclub should start selling metal blocks to put on your 'b' button :lol:
maybe with the CC logo on it... would be awesome!
Major karelpietertje

Postby Rakio on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:52 am

What happens if several players are in mid-turn and dont end it?
Cadet Rakio

Postby alex951 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 am

AceArtemis wrote:
alex951 wrote:i'm just pissed that i had to find out about the double turn during a doodle assassin speed game. and i occasionally play 1v1 speed games, and no i dont like posting evil comments, i just want a option or something you know?

What's so bad about not having the double turn in a speed game? Don't people start their turn as soon as the round begins, anyway? Even if they don't, the max you would have to wait is 2 1/2 minutes. Big deal.

easy for you to say, you dont have premium, yes i might just lose 1sec, but thats all it takes to win. i have won games because someones computer lagged by a lilttle.

i was wondering if it would be hard to add a option when making a game?
Corporal alex951

Postby Rakio on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:32 am

I was hoping that a web browser game wouldnt require a powerful PC to be able to fully play and take advantage of features.
Winning due other people having slower PCs doesnt seem too suit with the casualness, even in a speed game.

But yeah, an option wouldnt be bad for those who can be fast.

Edit:

Heck, I even wish CC had more advanced options. An entire advanced option section.
Cadet Rakio

Postby cramill on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:34 pm

Rakio wrote:What happens if several players are in mid-turn and dont end it?

They would all be blocked. (Would have to wait for someone else to start.)
lackattack wrote:If any players are mid-turn as the round expires, it is considered as if they ended their turn last. In the case where all active players are blocked, the blocks are cancelled (no point in making everyone wait, right?)
Corporal 1st Class cramill

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:41 pm

I have to agree... if you miss a turn you should be blocked.. and the last one to move should not be blocked. It makes no sense the way it is. Why should someone who took a turn get punished vs someone who did not... If you miss then you should not have the right to play first or at least everybody should be able to play (since 2 player games could turn ugly this way) But in multi player games makes zero sense to play it this way. It basically rewards players for missing a turn rather than taking it. Say I cash for 15 at 12 seconds left... drop attack and get a card... player X with 4 cards misses by accident while I cashed on 5. Anyhow now I must wait for this person or another to start, even though they missed and they can start right away. If I had missed with them I could start right away and make a play if one was to be made. Why would anybody want to play right before the round is over. If a player misses anybody should be able to go right away. Even in a 2 player game... if you do not take your turn with 24 hours... you should be punished not helped. YOU MISSED... therefore you should have to pay up for missing.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Prankcall on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:05 am

I don't see how anything can be called an upgrade when you took away something that people enjoyed playing the way it was,not that our opinions matter in the least.Way to go shitting on paying customers,glad I'm not one anymore..yet...
Sergeant 1st Class Prankcall

Postby Yokipi on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:57 am

Thanks so much for this "improvement." =) Seems a lot of people don't like it, but it makes much more sense this way, and I've been arguing for it in the past. I can play City Mogul again!
Captain Yokipi

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:42 am

Prankcall wrote:I don't see how anything can be called an upgrade when you took away something that people enjoyed playing the way it was,not that our opinions matter in the least.Way to go shitting on paying customers,glad I'm not one anymore..yet...

I like that... yet... in other words... when the speed game itch kicks in. ;)
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby kaikeva on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:11 pm

This is a great improvement.
Freestyle's were designed to speed up gameplay, to make people play their turns faster. Penalty on the person who plays last is fair if you look at the game type concept.

Why would anyone reward player who was waited by everyone else, waiting for the time to run out so he can have a bonus of a double turn?
-for me it was a bug.

If you like your double turns why don't just ask CC to make a game type where you and your opponents have that option. I guess there would be many people interested in playing "double-turn" games, but that's not the reason most of us join freestyle.

Thanks for the improvement, cheers.
General kaikeva

Postby sully800 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Bruceswar wrote:I have to agree... if you miss a turn you should be blocked.. and the last one to move should not be blocked. It makes no sense the way it is. Why should someone who took a turn get punished vs someone who did not... If you miss then you should not have the right to play first or at least everybody should be able to play (since 2 player games could turn ugly this way) But in multi player games makes zero sense to play it this way. It basically rewards players for missing a turn rather than taking it. Say I cash for 15 at 12 seconds left... drop attack and get a card... player X with 4 cards misses by accident while I cashed on 5. Anyhow now I must wait for this person or another to start, even though they missed and they can start right away. If I had missed with them I could start right away and make a play if one was to be made. Why would anybody want to play right before the round is over. If a player misses anybody should be able to go right away. Even in a 2 player game... if you do not take your turn with 24 hours... you should be punished not helped. YOU MISSED... therefore you should have to pay up for missing.

I think the best solution is to not block anyone when a player misses their turn. I still think that allowing the 7th player to go again can result in a double turn and therefore punish the other 6 who played earlier. BUT, I also understand that in most circumstances it simply punishes the 7th player (assuming they were not trying to take advantage of the 8th player missing a turn).

It doesn't make sense to block the player who missed their turn, because in many cases that will cause them to miss ANOTHER turn (if you have to wait for 12 hours after missing, then you have a much smaller time window available to play. For people with limited time this could force them to deadbeat if they only access CC during certain hours).

So how about it - if a player misses a turn no one is blocked for the next round. Objections?
Major sully800

Postby sully800 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Prankcall wrote:I don't see how anything can be called an upgrade when you took away something that people enjoyed playing the way it was,not that our opinions matter in the least.Way to go shitting on paying customers,glad I'm not one anymore..yet...

Well as an actual paying customer I certainly think this is an upgrade because it patched a loophole that has existed in freestyle since the purposeful removal of double turns. If you want to campaign to bring back "Double turns allowed" games (with the restriction that new recruits cannot play them) feel free. And hey, if you buy premium again and then campaign for the idea others might be more inclined to listen.
Major sully800

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:50 pm

No objection to that. It sounds pretty fair to me... There may still be problems but I can't see a completely satisfactory solution. This seems fairest
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby luapie on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:29 am

Maybe you should improve the speed off the website so freestyle can be played as it used to be!!! lagattack!
Sergeant 1st Class luapie

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:04 pm

sully800 wrote:I think the best solution is to not block anyone when a player misses their turn. I still think that allowing the 7th player to go again can result in a double turn and therefore punish the other 6 who played earlier. BUT, I also understand that in most circumstances it simply punishes the 7th player (assuming they were not trying to take advantage of the 8th player missing a turn).

It doesn't make sense to block the player who missed their turn, because in many cases that will cause them to miss ANOTHER turn (if you have to wait for 12 hours after missing, then you have a much smaller time window available to play. For people with limited time this could force them to deadbeat if they only access CC during certain hours).

So how about it - if a player misses a turn no one is blocked for the next round. Objections?

The bolded part - If you have limited time for CC stick to seq. Freestyle requires much more time to be able to win at a regular basis. The idea of blocking no players is fine with me, and personally I think it is how it should be. Yeah sure some double turns might happen, but it would be a very rare if it does.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby luapie on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:00 am

LAG LAG LAG LOADING LOADING LOADING, Remove the speed game sector! LAGATTACK
Sergeant 1st Class luapie

Postby redhawk92 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:23 pm

this is crap so im quitting

no 25 for you lack or at least not for a while
Captain redhawk92

Postby thebest712 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:45 am

what I don't understand is why if a player misses a turn in freestyle he can play immediatly after it, so its sometimes good to miss a turn...
Major thebest712

Postby TheyCallMeGrim on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:03 pm

As I type this, I am at a disadvantage in one of my games because of this change. As it has been described hypothetically above, one of my opponents skipped a turn, incrementing the round. I was informed I could take a turn, but when I checked, I was blocked. Why? Because of the three of us who took our turns yesterday afternoon, I just happened to be the one do to so last. I cannot believe that I would be cheating the system by taking a turn right now, and I see no reason why I or anyone in my situation should be blocked simply because someone skipped a turn. If anything, this might open the door for things just as nasty as the hack that this fix removed from the game.

Let's say there are three players, A, B and C, that it's round 10, that A and B have played already in that order, and that C would gain from B not being allowed to play first in the next round. C now has the ability to dictate playing order by not playing his/her round. C waits, allows the clock to run out, then plays first with a larger deployment and the jump on B. This is not the case in my game, but I see it as a very possible problem.

In the time I took to write this, one of my opponents might have already taken advantage of the fact that I am blocked. My inability to play has drastically changed the way this game will end; depending on who plays first, my opponents will receive more troops than they would have had I been able to play. Please consider adjusting the conditions for blocking a player in Freestyle!
Captain TheyCallMeGrim

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives