Conquer Club

No Double turns=stupid

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: No Double turns=stupid

Postby bedub1 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:13 am

I love this. They fix the bug, and all the exploiters of the bug cry like little girls. Nice job Lack!!!!
Colonel bedub1

Postby wolfpack0530 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:03 pm

AAFitz wrote:
danfrank wrote:i rarely ever play FS.. I have never used a double turn and now i definitly never will.. i really dont see how it is an improvement.. so freestyle means now only every1 can play at one time.. WHOOOPEEE :?

Its an improvement, because now if you are quick enough to end your turn first, you dont have to worry about missing a turn because of a double turn.

It really only changes games for those who use the double turns, but it does help people like me, who simply never bother with them. It also makes it far more likely that someone will play the freestyle game quicker, because there is no need to wait the full 24 hours to make the turn.

It hardly means it will be real time, but it makes the risk of real time less, especially if you can play fast. On some maps, a double turn is the whole game. Now its a little more balanced, with the slight advantage to those who join second, if the person who made the game isnt watching.

It also eliminates the massive advantage over new players, who have no idea what a double turn is, no idea how to make one, and no idea what happened on the game usually, and this of course was the reason it was eliminated.

It wasnt eliminated for the regulars who know how to counter a double turn...it was eliminated to protect the new players, that were being gobbled up, not ever having any idea what happened, and how they lost the games.

The playing field has somewhat been leveled for them, and even the most vocal voices for double turns, knows this is the true case, and is just ignoring that one little fact out of convenience.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Well said. I may start playing freestyle now.
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby djt5483 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:31 pm

bedub1 wrote:I love this. They fix the bug, and all the exploiters of the bug cry like little girls. Nice job Lack!!!!

they changed cuz people that didnt know how to do it were crying like little girls
Corporal 1st Class djt5483

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:55 pm

djt5483 wrote:
bedub1 wrote:I love this. They fix the bug, and all the exploiters of the bug cry like little girls. Nice job Lack!!!!

they changed cuz people that didnt know how to do it were crying like little girls

Oh, it's very difficult to do.

:roll:
Major Bones2484

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Mab52983 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
Kotaro wrote:Yay. So now, freestyle is whoever joins last, gets to take their turn first for the entire game. What a huge update!
Next up, we're making the color Red, Red'r! Oh Golly Gee, that's a big one! Go CC!

I didn't realize that all freestyle games were 1v1.

Yea,well now it's pretty much pointless to play 1v1 freestyle or team freestyle.

Team games are not ruined... LMAO.... Really that comment holds no water at all... When sjnap was playing casual freestyle team games he won 110 of 111 with 0 double turns. Tell me how team games are effected? Get a better strategy and double turns are a moot point. Yes even speed team freestyle also... Stop crying suck it up and move on.

For all you who say 1 vs 1 casual freestyle is ruined... Not true... We all know casual freestyle games fill really fast when 1 vs 1... If you set up 1 or 2... Just wait around till they fill and play quick. Not like you will be waiting long. Suck it up cupcake! In speed games just hit the B Key and start right away like normal. Or when they start per the new rules. Learn to live... :roll:
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 pm

djt5483 wrote:

I know how to do it, but I think it is very cheap tactic, and yes I agree it is good fix. Thanks Lack!
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:38 pm

KraphtOne wrote:If You are ANTI-double turn

aka: anti-freestyle

Please Post Here What Your Win Percentage Is On Freestyle Since They "fixed" Freestyle For You Guys And Made It "fair"

And Though I'm Not Quite The Demonfork I'll Play 5 Against Any Non-DT "freestyle player" And We'll See How This Update Has Made It Even For You...

And If Your Argument Is That It Prevents Me From PWNing Noobs Then How About Posting A Suggestion On What Ranks Are Allowed To Play New Recruits Instead Of Ruining A Game Format That The Better CC Players Enjoy Playing Against Each Other...

and ps: the reason we like playing freestyle is because it takes out the luck factor of a random turn order... but i guess you idiots will take any advantage you can get :evil: :evil: :evil:

~k1

I am anti double turn..... Using map rank here are my stats

+6075 When I put in finished games and freestyle. If I put in Freestyle + escalating I am over +7300

P.S. Freestyle FTW! Yes the Fix is a great one.

Next lame complaint!
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:39 pm

djt5483 wrote:

No they changed it to stop rampant farming taking place with it. Thanks Lack!
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:02 pm

+49 with a 39% win rate...which i think is great cause most would be 8 man esc games...
and im loving the no double turns...
i dont actually think i have ever used double turns to play anyway...
well not intentionally..maybe in the foray of the last few secs to get a card and being too slow but starting strait away

djt5483 wrote:so now if you start a freestyle 1 on 1 and it takes a while to start, your most likely gonna leave and then whoever joins will go first and your most likely fucked... so why would anyone start a casual freestyle 1 on 1 now?

was that not always the way starting a casual freestyle..if you werent around u couldnt go first...
tbh i will take the first turn over a double turn every day of the week
1v1 comes down to the drop and the first turn in 9/10 games
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby KraphtOne on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:17 pm

lord voldemort wrote:+49 with a 39% win rate...which i think is great cause most would be 8 man esc games...
well not intentionally..maybe in the foray of the last few secs to get a card and being too slow but starting strait away

djt5483 wrote:so now if you start a freestyle 1 on 1 and it takes a while to start, your most likely gonna leave and then whoever joins will go first and your most likely fucked... so why would anyone start a casual freestyle 1 on 1 now?

was that not always the way starting a casual freestyle..if you werent around u couldnt go first...

let's play 10 freestyle games... i'll let you make your move first in every one of em...

see if you can get 9/10...

that statement is proof positive that you do not understand the strategy of freestyle...
Major KraphtOne

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:20 pm

KraphtOne wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:+49 with a 39% win rate...which i think is great cause most would be 8 man esc games...

let's play 10 freestyle games... i'll let you make your move first in every one of em...

that statement is proof positive that you do not understand the strategy of freestyle...

If I played you in 10 1 vs 1 casual freestyle games and I went first in all I would pwn you... At least 8 of 10 would be mine... 2 would go dice and be yours. :) Next dumb statement.. and yes I play freestyle casual 1 vs 1's

Edited to add in a speed game no way I am moving right when the match starts... I am not a moron :)
Last edited by Bruceswar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 pm

KraphtOne wrote:

thats not the point...im talking about 1v1
you may beat me as you have faster internet and a quicker finger...

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:19 am

lord voldemort wrote:
KraphtOne wrote:

Notice how he did not respond to me....
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:22 am

Bruceswar wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:
KraphtOne wrote:

Notice how he did not respond to me....

correct answer cause you are decent at freestyle??

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:05 am

lord voldemort wrote:correct answer cause you are decent at freestyle??

Decent... well that might be an understatement... those who are bitching are just pissed their farming days / ways are gone. :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby AAFitz on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:33 am

Bruceswar wrote:
KraphtOne wrote:

If I played you in 10 1 vs 1 casual freestyle games and I went first in all I would pwn you... At least 8 of 10 would be mine... 2 would go dice and be yours. :) Next dumb statement.. and yes I play freestyle casual 1 vs 1's

Edited to add in a speed game no way I am moving right when the match starts... I am not a moron :)

Well bruce, I must say that I will take you up on that challenge.

10 Freestyle, no cards adjacent games on doodle please. Perhaps youll get 8 out of 10, or even 10 out of 10.
I one hundred percent promise fully to let you go first. You know I wouldnt cheat on that.

I do of course love the double turn being gone. It makes it a game, instead of a race to double turn now.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:54 am

AAFitz wrote:
Well bruce, I must say that I will take you up on that challenge.

10 Freestyle, no cards adjacent games on doodle please. Perhaps youll get 8 out of 10, or even 10 out of 10.
I one hundred percent promise fully to let you go first. You know I wouldnt cheat on that.

I do of course love the double turn being gone. It makes it a game, instead of a race to double turn now.

Taken! You are on. Games to be made and sent in a few days time max. PM coming.
Corporal Bruceswar

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion