Conquer Club

TeamCC Open Applications

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TeamCC Open Applications

Postby AAFitz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:20 pm

GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:AAFitz wrote:
For a long time I acted as an advisor, but didnt really do anything of consequence.

Now that explains things. Thanks for clearing the air.

Regards,
General Stoneham

Its actually been common knowledge among those who saw the thread I made upon stepping down, or out....
There was really no air to clear. I always laugh at the suggestion that I want to be a moderator, because the great bulk of them came after I actually left because while part of team CC, I felt somewhat constrained and felt I needed to have a more professional voice, simply because of my association, even though I was just a bystander...mostly with an occasional joke for the last year or so. Earlier on, before team CC grew, I did jump in more, but once Andy and Op took over... I knew CC had nothing to worry about...and even if it did... there really wasnt anything I could do about it anyways. :D

Anyways... for any thinking about becoming a mod, I guarantee you that you will be absolutely impressed with the sheer amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. The number of people giving their time and energy, and all with a positive attitude, is simply encouraging, and a great experience, that I feel very privileged to have seen and in a very small way, have been a part of. It is for this reason that I do spend time supporting the mods when I agree with them. But it is in an effort to thank them, not win their favor as many mistakenly surmise.

..oh boo-hoo, sniffle [as I pull another tissue to wipe the tears] that was beautiful AAFitz, it really did pull my heart strings.

Grown men do cry,
General Stoneham

I was going more for applause and possibly even a donation or two, but if tears are all you can muster, than so be it.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby mibi on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:45 pm

I look forward to some new blood/talent up in here.
Captain mibi

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:23 pm

For those applying be warned... Account sitters for you must be another mod. If you are not OK with this then do not apply. This is the main reason I do not want to apply. I like my account sitter(s) and wish to keep them.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 pm

Bruceswar wrote:For those applying be warned... Account sitters for you must be another mod. If you are not OK with this then do not apply. This is the main reason I do not want to apply. I like my account sitter(s) and wish to keep them.

yer i know kill hates it...well doesnt hate...just frustrating i guess
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:19 am

AAFitz wrote:
For a long time I acted as an advisor, but didnt really do anything of consequence.

Regards,
General Stoneham

Its actually been common knowledge among those who saw the thread I made upon stepping down, or out....
There was really no air to clear. I always laugh at the suggestion that I want to be a moderator, because the great bulk of them came after I actually left because while part of team CC, I felt somewhat constrained and felt I needed to have a more professional voice, simply because of my association, even though I was just a bystander...mostly with an occasional joke for the last year or so. Earlier on, before team CC grew, I did jump in more, but once Andy and Op took over... I knew CC had nothing to worry about...and even if it did... there really wasnt anything I could do about it anyways. :D

Anyways... for any thinking about becoming a mod, I guarantee you that you will be absolutely impressed with the sheer amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. The number of people giving their time and energy, and all with a positive attitude, is simply encouraging, and a great experience, that I feel very privileged to have seen and in a very small way, have been a part of. It is for this reason that I do spend time supporting the mods when I agree with them. But it is in an effort to thank them, not win their favor as many mistakenly surmise.

Methinks double bluff...
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Best Choice on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:06 am

AAFitz wrote:
cena-rules wrote:$20 on fitz getting a mod place

Ill take that bet. I was asked to be a mod years ago and declined.

You mean you act reasonable, do the right thing and "moderate" yourself without having an ulterior motive? That cannot be - it's JUST NOT DONE!
Private Best Choice

Postby AAFitz on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:12 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

Regards,
General Stoneham

Methinks double bluff...

Sorry to dissappoint.

As a bluff in any way would be a fairly ridiculous one, since every single moderator would know it, not to mention lack himself obviously. I obviously cant divulge any real information about the specifics to quell your doubts, so if your ability to judge character isnt honed enough to see the truth for what it is, there is nothing more I can do to show you.

To be honest, convincing anyone isnt really the goal. Its actually more fun on my end to have those who question it.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby The Voice on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:00 am

250+ posts, huh?
Major The Voice

Postby The Voice on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:00 am

250+ posts, huh?
Major The Voice

Postby The Voice on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:01 am

250+ posts, huh?
Major The Voice

Postby Mad Pineapples on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:13 am

The Voice wrote:250+ posts, huh?

:lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Mad Pineapples

Postby captainwalrus on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:57 am

So you can just apply for any position besides administrator?
Are cirtain possitions more available than others?
~ CaptainWalrus
Private 1st Class captainwalrus

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:24 am

Mad Pineapples wrote:
The Voice wrote:250+ posts, huh?

:lol:

You bet and those 250+ posts better show our wonderful Moderators and administrators of C.C in a super fabulous light!
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:58 am

AAFitz wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

Regards,
General Stoneham

Methinks double bluff...

Sorry to dissappoint.

As a bluff in any way would be a fairly ridiculous one, since every single moderator would know it, not to mention lack himself obviously. I obviously cant divulge any real information about the specifics to quell your doubts, so if your ability to judge character isnt honed enough to see the truth for what it is, there is nothing more I can do to show you.

To be honest, convincing anyone isnt really the goal. Its actually more fun on my end to have those who question it.

Ah...the old double, double bluff.

I'll take that bet AAFitz, and I raise you a squillion zimbabwe dollars in this incredibly large wheelbarrow I have sitting beside me right now.

Are you a man, or a chap with a coloured name?
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby b.k. barunt on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:30 am

The whole thing puts me in mind of Tom Sawyer and the fence painters.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:40 am

Actually AAFitz is the first "non-colored" named person that C.C. has hired for hazardous duty. You see A.A. is working as a super-secret- under-cover-agent to spread spam, bait, flame and/or other methods of propaganda and misinformation to discredit the obviously mentally disturbed posters, who dare question C.C. medieval ways of punishing these hooligans!

I'd like to thank C.C and their crusade to hire the "non-colored" among us.

It brings a tear to my eye,
General Stoneham
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby AAFitz on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:51 pm

GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:Actually AAFitz is the first "non-colored" named person that C.C. has hired for hazardous duty. You see A.A. is working as a super-secret- under-cover-agent to spread spam, bait, flame and/or other methods of propaganda and misinformation to discredit the obviously mentally disturbed posters, who dare question C.C. medieval ways of punishing these hooligans!

I'd like to thank C.C and their crusade to hire the "non-colored" among us.

It brings a tear to my eye,
General Stoneham

I was not hired, received nothing, except the opportunity to place a joke or an idea. I do say I was in team CC, because technically I was, but honestly... its kind of a stretch, but makes for good conversation.

Could you find me an example of this under-cover flaming of mine though. I work very hard to see that those that flame get their due, so just send over those links and quotes of me flaming someone when you get a chance. I need to earn my pay after all.... they have set up some strict quotas for me.
Too much. I know.

Postby AAFitz on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
I'll take that bet AAFitz, and I raise you a squillion zimbabwe dollars in this incredibly large wheelbarrow I have sitting beside me right now.

Are you a man, or a chap with a coloured name?

CC does not allow betting.

I do myself accept gifts though, keep the quarter, but feel free to donate the wheelbarrow.
Too much. I know.

Postby khazalid on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:20 pm

soooooo any chance you can pull some strings for me i were to say - strictly by way of example - that mr changsha smokes poll twice daily. hmm? hmmmm...
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby notyou2 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:14 pm

AAFitz wrote:
cena-rules wrote:$20 on fitz getting a mod place

I love CC, and have a great time here, but I do not love it enough to give up my freedom as a regular poster and player.

If I were a mod, I would try to be a professional one, but it would limit me so much that I just wouldnt have any fun any more.

Are you stating that you would avoid posting your opinion if you were in a position of authority IE: a mod?

If so, I wholeheartedly agree with you. =D>
Captain notyou2

Postby sailorseal on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:31 pm

Anyone notice any changes?
Cook sailorseal

Postby colton24 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:32 pm

I did. Lindax is a TD.
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby Supermarioluigi on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Is it possible that we (as in those who apply) get a message back once a decision is reached?

In addition, I would assume you would make some sort of announcement when we have all the new additions, but I'm just making sure that you will do so.
Achieved August 27, 2009
Cook Supermarioluigi

Postby Kotaro on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 pm

I just realized,
I hope King Sam got a PM or something about this, he better get a job. Way better then Lance and KA combined.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Yes, once a new member of TeamCC is trained they will be publicly announced.
Cadet Optimus Prime

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives