Conquer Club

TeamCC Open Applications

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TeamCC Open Applications

Postby b.k. barunt on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:07 pm

AAFitz wrote:
GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:Actually AAFitz is the first "non-colored" named person that C.C. has hired for hazardous duty. You see A.A. is working as a super-secret- under-cover-agent to spread spam, bait, flame and/or other methods of propaganda and misinformation to discredit the obviously mentally disturbed posters, who dare question C.C. medieval ways of punishing these hooligans!

I'd like to thank C.C and their crusade to hire the "non-colored" among us.

It brings a tear to my eye,
General Stoneham

I work very hard to see that those that flame get their due, .

We appreciate your hard work fitz. It's so comforting to know that we have such a stalwart soul striking blows for Truth, Democracy, and passive aggression.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:19 pm

khazalid wrote:soooooo any chance you can pull some strings for me i were to say - strictly by way of example - that mr changsha smokes poll twice daily. hmm? hmmmm...

You have to laugh don't you?

'Smokes pole' is what you meant, I think, though I had to google it as I've never heard of the expression before.

Who do you want to pull those strings for you...Fitz, OP? It really wasn't clear.

And what is the desired consequence of the string pulling..? Let me just say right now that if you want Fitz to pull some strings to get my contact details, so that you can attempt to indulge your fantasies involving a statue of Sun Tzu giving you fellatio..well I'm not terribly keen old chap.

Of course, if I've misrepresented you, I can't help but feel that it has more to do with you than me.

How about flaming me in an intelligible way and then we go from there?
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Hopscotcher on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 am

Is there compensation for these positions?
I'm a sucker for Assassin Games

My claim to fame..... Game 6311393
Lieutenant Hopscotcher

Postby b.k. barunt on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:09 am

Hopscotcher wrote:Is there compensation for these positions?

Read "Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens). When you get to the fence painting episode the answer to your question will be painfully clear.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby khazalid on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:57 am

uhm... oops! :oops:
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby Mr Changsha on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:09 am

khazalid wrote:uhm... oops! :oops:

Methinks you were smoking on something else...
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:05 am

b.k. barunt wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:Actually AAFitz is the first "non-colored" named person that C.C. has hired for hazardous duty. You see A.A. is working as a super-secret- under-cover-agent to spread spam, bait, flame and/or other methods of propaganda and misinformation to discredit the obviously mentally disturbed posters, who dare question C.C. medieval ways of punishing these hooligans!

I'd like to thank C.C and their crusade to hire the "non-colored" among us.

It brings a tear to my eye,
General Stoneham

I work very hard to see that those that flame get their due, .

We appreciate your hard work fitz. It's so comforting to know that we have such a stalwart soul striking blows for Truth, Democracy, and passive aggression.

Honibaz

Wish I could say you're welcome, but I was joking, sorry.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:21 am

Optimus Prime wrote:Yes, once a new member of TeamCC is trained they will be publicly announced.

You mean there's a training center for brainwashing? I would think the C.C. Team had many groupies and followers that would tow the party line. Or is the training so extensive that they'll make sure that these new recruits will be the new Storm Troopers of the 21st Century!

Do not ask what C.C. can do for you, but what you can do for your C.C.
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby Qwert on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:41 am

Good grammar (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc)

well this mean that im out :|
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:22 am

Let's keep things on topic here folks. If you want to continue discussing AAFitz's moderation intents or dreams please make a thread in the appropriate forum. Thanks.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Scania N113 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:27 am

How long will this application last for? I am not qualified now but I think I will be qualified after some time.
Colonel Scania N113

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 am

I'm highly qualified to, but that damned criminal record keeps popping up.

Is there some type of "truth commission" that I can attend and admit to my awful sins? Which will result in having my sins cleansed?
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby nagerous on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:28 am

Damn my 'extensive' disciplinary history. :roll:
Captain nagerous

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 am

Scania N113 wrote:How long will this application last for? I am not qualified now but I think I will be qualified after some time.

We will be accepting Applications until otherwise noted. So if you think in a couple of months you'd like to apply, there should be an avenue to do so.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Kotaro on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Hell, even I applied. Honestly, with the cesspool of spam that GD has become, the flame-fest C&A has evolved into, and the crap forum the Suggestion and Bugs has recently started to be, Tournaments is quickly becoming the only worthwhile forum.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:12 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Scania N113 wrote:How long will this application last for? I am not qualified now but I think I will be qualified after some time.

We will be accepting Applications until otherwise noted. So if you think in a couple of months you'd like to apply, there should be an avenue to do so.

--Andy

Andy is correct, this is an open application period that is extending indefinitely into the future. If at any time it closes I will make sure it is publicly announced.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:02 pm

To clarify some of the previous points raised etc.:

The positions are voluntary.

However, the comrades are all helpful and friendly folk.

Some positions are probably more onerous than others. As long as you can regularly spare time, nobody is gonna beat your ass with a stick if sometimes its not as much as others - as long as you dont let anyone down or not let people know the score. % of turns taken needs to be good - someone who still makes it on-line for a little while when they are busy - as Andy points out.

If you make a mistake nobody in the team is gonna give you grief. The main thing is that you treat the role seriously - you might annoy people if you are saying they cant do something but deliberately pissing people off is not what the team needs - the ability to deal with occasionally awkward and confused customers.

The benefits are that you can help things to happen - if there are areas of CC you are interested in seeing developed then there may be a spot for you.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby colton24 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Will we be notified if our application is declined for the time being?
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby Tupence on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:05 pm

colton24 wrote:Will we be notified if our application is declined for the time being?

I assume that as long as you meet the requirements, noone will be declined outright. I'd guess that there would be an order of preference that the admins/mods will compile. And by the way, your signature fails - I live nowhere near Wigan
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby GrimReaper. on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Here is what OP wrote on my wall colton

We are going to wait a few more days to gather applications before we even start to review them. It will likely be a couple of weeks at the very least before we contact anyone further.
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:46 pm

colton24 wrote:Will we be notified if our application is declined for the time being?

Dont call us, we'll call you, is the usual response in a case like this. :D
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby killerpit4e on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:59 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:If you'd like to troll, please take your trolling to another website, or under a bridge. ;)

--Andy

i like the smart remark there alpha monkey
Private 1st Class killerpit4e

Postby jammyjames on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:23 am

so i only do not meet the forum posts count point, yet only recently have i started to become active in our forums, does this put me in bad stead?
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:05 am

jammyjames wrote:so i only do not meet the forum posts count point, yet only recently have i started to become active in our forums, does this put me in bad stead?

most likely id assume...the point of the post count isnt a number as such. more of an indicator of your activity on the forums and longevity. a mod should be an active member of the forums.......imo
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:20 am

lord voldemort wrote:
jammyjames wrote:so i only do not meet the forum posts count point, yet only recently have i started to become active in our forums, does this put me in bad stead?

most likely id assume...the point of the post count isnt a number as such. more of an indicator of your activity on the forums and longevity. a mod should be an active member of the forums.......imo

Right, ideally any Team CC Volunteer would be an active participant in most every aspect of the site to be well rounded---Gaming, Tournaments, Usergroups/Clans, Wide variety of forum posting, etc.

But just because you may not meet the qualifications now, doesn't mean that you won't be able to in the future.

As mentioned earlier, we will be accepting applications into the future until otherwise noted. So if now isn't your time, perhaps a later date will be.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives