Conquer Club

The HIVE [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Jumbo Hex Map *V2*

Postby Pickalock on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:39 pm

Mabey Its just me but this map reminds me a lot like battletech. :-s But then I really like battletech. lol :D
Major Pickalock

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm

WOW

125 votes in 25 minutes.

Thanks for the input everyone. Once the votes settle down and we see where we are, I will update and answer as much as I can.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby Commander9 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:42 pm

I love the 1st idea about a fixed bonus at the start. A lot of maps should have it. I definitely think this a great idea to be developed, however, it would be better, if it had a specific theme (as you've mentioned it). I think Europe might be able to support that many territories, but I'm aware of the job it would take, so I'll just shut up. Thanks for your efforts and I hope this will be made.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby SuperGoogleman on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:43 pm

I dont see an appeal in an unmarked map like this seems just too bland gor conquerclub and id say the games on it will take huge amounts of time
So im a no 8)
Sergeant SuperGoogleman

Postby Commander9 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:43 pm

I love the 1st idea about a fixed bonus at the start. A lot of maps should have it. I definitely think this a great idea to be developed, however, it would be better, if it had a specific theme (as you've mentioned it). I think Europe might be able to support that many territories, but I'm aware of the job it would take, so I'll just shut up. Thanks for your efforts and I hope this will be made.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Strife on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:43 pm

I would definitely enjoy a game or two(etc) on this map. :)
Corporal Strife

Postby Commander9 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Sorry for the double post. Could I delete it somehow?
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Sir_Karl on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Yeah I would make the dark impassable areas thicker and darker.
Add more colored territories. Maybe make it 8 different colors. I think the colored territories are far too split up. Split them into two areas...maybe give a small bonus for holding 1...and an additional bonus if you can hold both same colored areas. The concept of that many individual areas is cool. Maybe spruce it up some. Do they have to be hexes? Maybe create different personal individual shapes? Great idea though.
Private Sir_Karl

Postby Torino Kid on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Be a good quads map
Sergeant Torino Kid

Postby HapSmo19 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:47 pm

I voted yes.

I'd play it :P
Lieutenant HapSmo19

Postby murphy16 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:49 pm

I would be the first to play it :) Crazy yet nice. Well done.
Sergeant 1st Class murphy16

Postby nashlloyd on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:50 pm

This is a sweet map for term or assassin even very strategical map. Hope it gets the go ahead.

Nice work =D>
Private nashlloyd

Postby Powerking on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:55 pm

How amusing! I'm ready, does it?
Major Powerking

Postby Dragonorder18 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Certainly one of the most impresively big maps I've seen, and even though I'm normally not into the big ones like world 2.0, this one looks quite fun! You'd almost need more players for a map like this! I'd like to try it out some time when it becomes available!
Sergeant 1st Class Dragonorder18

Postby jpcloet on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:58 pm

I voted yes simply because it is slightly different than what we have and what is being worked on.

Not a fan of no theme. Visually right now, it kind of looks like mountains, fields, waterways etc. Now that I think about it, it starts to look like another game I've played called Settlers of Catan. Or even older educational games, that had you mining or drilling for oil.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Blue Geers on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:58 pm

I suggest set the dark to below hex.:
Q5, D8, C15, E20 and M18
that will make all bonus regions have 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 neigbour respectively
Major Blue Geers

Postby lazyfox on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:59 pm

Interesting map.

You could give objectives to the white hexs and name the map in function of those objectives. Something like taking the capitals in Europe1914, even if it could be something abstract (headquarters, islands, oasis, and so on...).

Hope it helped
Captain lazyfox

Postby chiefsfan4ever on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Not sure if this has been posted, but you could do some kind of Bee hive theme since they are hexagon.
Major chiefsfan4ever

Postby hellgunner23 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:08 pm

I would totally play a game on this. 4v4 here would be sikk.

so i voted yes :D
Sergeant hellgunner23

Postby Steven Mather on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:12 pm

I like it!!! The cap on the the bonus are a great idea. I was also thinking of a beehive when I was looking at the map. If you have to have a theme, that would not be a bad one. No theme works just as well though. I would definately play!!
Private 1st Class Steven Mather

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Voted no, not a fan of big block maps? As some have mentioned it would be a Quad map at best? But this is just my opinion, looks like the yes votes rule for now so think you should go ahead with it. Wonderful thing about CC lots of maps and something for everybody. Hope you guys keep coming up with different maps, keeps the whole site more interesting
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper

Postby blue_max on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:19 pm

I like the map and would like to play it sometime! and about the theme : to me it looks like a chemical compound structure :lol: not a beehive
Sergeant 1st Class blue_max

Postby Winged Cat on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:21 pm

I can think of a theme you could add without having to reduce the number of territories.

There's an old fiction concept called "Pave The Earth". It's a satirical future paradise, where the important people drive gas-guzzling SUVs all day, with no other purpose but to drive; everyone else is consigned to pits, which offer up fuel for the SUV overlords and hamburgers for their drivers.

In this map - make the white areas the pits (and objective: control them all to win); the various areas (with their current colors) could be roads (blue), parking lots (beige), quarries/pavement production facilities (red), salt flats (purple), and grassy wilderness (green). The impassible borders would simply be the normal barriers one might find at the edges of these things (for instance, the quarries' borders are impassible cliffs, except for the few paths leading into each quarry area - and since each such area has only one space that can be entered, make that space the plant that makes pavement from the quarry's product; likewise, the roads only have on/off ramps at certain locations).

Yes, it's a large number of areas. That's the point: it is what's left of Earth (or, at least, a large section thereof).
Sergeant 1st Class Winged Cat

Postby Gold Knight on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:27 pm

As many said, im also not a fan of the no theme. Our classic map now has no theme, and in that change there were alot of people that no longer wanted to play the map. Not sure if it would have the same effect here as it is "original" in size, but completely bland as a map in general...

Also dont like the idea of this being included in the random map gameplay, as I might kill myself if i ever had to play a 1v1 on this map, in which undoubtedly the 1st player, even if only receiving 10 armies 1st turn, would hold a huge upperhand.

Not a fan, though perhaps if it was spiced up and slightly toned down size wise it might appeal to me more, but we might as well just make 350 connected squares if we make this...
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby qwertylpc on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 pm

i got the pm and i think this would be a really cool amp in addition to having lots of territories i think each territory should have lots of troops maybe all start with 40 that way it would be a completly good but different map

good idea needs work but im behind it
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

PreviousNext