Conquer Club

For Minor Infractions, 6 Months Max Vacation instead Perma

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: For Minor Infractions, 6 Months Max Vacation instead Perma

Postby AAFitz on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Im happy to see a little compromise here. Basically, you still retain the right to perma-ban, which of course is absolutely vital. 1 year, let alone 6 months is not long enough to stop someone who truly wants to spend their time sabotaging the site over and over.

But on the other hand, as long as the offences are small, and not overwhelmingly often, there can be a peace of mind, that no one who just breaks some rules all over the place, not so much maliciously, but by accident of time spent on the site, does not have to be banned just to follow protocol.

It of course still allows for reasonable banning as needed, and really gives the site more options, without reducing its power to keep things from getting out of hand.

I was wondering how this would end up. Pretty much a win-win, from any reasonable angle I think.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby owenshooter on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:25 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:However, we will not be commuting any vacations.

everything is great but this bit here... i believe you said there are 12 or fewer members with perma-bans from the forums... i don't see why it isn't possible to re-examine these cases and give some of them lighter sentences... t-om comes to mind as well as DM and a few others... great move by team CC for the most part. but a very poor decision to not re-examine some of these perma-bans...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby notyou2 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:35 pm

owenshooter wrote:

everything is great but this bit here... i believe you said there are 12 or fewer members with perma-bans from the forums... i don't see why it isn't possible to re-examine these cases and give some of them lighter sentences... t-om comes to mind as well as DM and a few others... great move by team CC for the most part. but a very poor decision to not re-examine some of these perma-bans...-0

agreed
Captain notyou2

Postby alex951 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:32 pm

one thing at a time
Corporal alex951

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:17 am

notyou2 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

agreed

agreed
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:00 am

GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

agreed

agreed

I criticized it soundly when that decision was made, so I'll just agree again.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:03 pm

For the most part, many of you are referring to Dancing Mustard. It's a moot point anyways---he was busted for Multiple accounts (Dancing Mustard, mrwainthrope) weeks ago and both accounts are inactive.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby 72o on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Wow. That was Dancing Mustard? I'm confused.
Sergeant 72o

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:13 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:For the most part, many of you are referring to Dancing Mustard. It's a moot point anyways---he was busted for Multiple accounts (Dancing Mustard, mrwainthrope) weeks ago and both accounts are inactive.

--Andy

t-o-m was also mentioned... if his maps are good enough to have on the site, i don't understand why he can't have his perma-ban re-evaluated...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby notyou2 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:16 pm

Umm....haven't some that have been multis been reinstated?
Captain notyou2

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:48 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:For the most part, many of you are referring to Dancing Mustard. It's a moot point anyways---he was busted for Multiple accounts (Dancing Mustard, mrwainthrope) weeks ago and both accounts are inactive.

--Andy

Actually we're referring to all cases of people permabanned from the fora.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions