Conquer Club

[Rules] [GO] Option for Players to Set, Stake or Bet Points

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:41 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Hm, what about people creating new accounts, playing in game, having them each bet 999 points (or some other arbitrary high number), and allowing a main account to shoot to the top of the board? --Andy

Perhaps it should only be reserved for 3000+ Imagine Dugg vs. Blitz - losser becomes a scout.

:D
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby yeti_c on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:48 am

I agree that there should be an upper limit (say 100) but it would also be good cos you could have 1 point games (a la friendlies) where you can try out maps/styles/partners etc?

Or in Tourneys the first rounds of a tourney could be 1 pointers - next round 10 pointers and final 100 pointer or something!!

Then again that would mean you'd get penalised for getting far but losing!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:40 pm

Still sounds like there would just be an influx of multis....

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:43 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Still sounds like there would just be an influx of multis....

--Andy

Not is you implement 3000+ rule

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:08 pm

You'd be surprised! But even if we added a rank you need to achieve, it seems like an option we'd be less likely to consider.

--Andy

Postby yeti_c on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:40 am

AndyDufresne wrote:You'd be surprised! But even if we added a rank you need to achieve, it seems like an option we'd be less likely to consider.

--Andy

You're probably right - in my initial post I wasn't sure whether it would be useful/too easy to be abused - stil it generated some interest here so perhaps worth considering if the wrinkles can be ironed out.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Marvaddin on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am

What about if you could bet 5 to 40 points in a game? Flat options like 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 would already be ok. Bet games should be another singles variation, as standard and terminator. The game creator decides how much all will bet (everyone will bet the same amount), and this would be clear to the ones joining the games. Instead of standard, it could appear like "Bet: 10" or "Bet (10)".

Once you have achieved 500 points, you cant start / join more bet games (so no need to worry about negative score and much abuse).

I think it would be good for the whole community. The possibility of cool games risking only 5 points could bring veterans back to public games. If they want a top fight, they can gain 200 points for winning.

The main problem I see is: some guys could use this to get 200 points from deadbeats and privates in public games, so maybe we could use a reducer according to the ranking. Like, if a colonel wins, he gets 80% of the points from majors, 60% from captains, and so. The rest is missed, or, well I dont know.

Or, we could just allow to join the bet games people that are same level or 1 level up or down the game creator.

What do you guys think?
Major Marvaddin

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm still not in favor of this, mostly because I know I will be dealing with the extra multis, along with our multi hunters!

--Andy

Postby hecter on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:27 pm

If people want rank so badly that they want to do a crapload of work to get all those points then let them. I don't really care that much about rank, i just want to have fun. So if they want to be a general that badly then say fine, because it won't increase there ability at all. While they enjoy there ill earned rank, the rest of us can have loads of fun with this new system.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Unfortunately, I don't see many taking such a care free attitude toward cheaters.

--Andy

Postby pancakemix on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:44 pm

What if it was avalible only to premium members? That would definetly stop people from making multiple accounts.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby hecter on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:54 pm

I want to play that to. I really want to play that, and i'm cheap, so i dont wanna buy a premium.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby ericisshort on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:59 pm

I think this could be an interesting idea but the possibilities for exploiting it would make it necesary to have a lot of restrictions, which would be a pain in the arse to code.
Captain ericisshort

Postby CBlake on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:09 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Still not a fan of it, one more way to abuse the system and encourage people to create more multiple accounts. :)

--Andy

thats why we have multi hunters :wink:

and if you are really that dumb to cheat on an online risk site u must not have a life
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Postby LewisJB3 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:25 am

I don't really like it because the high ranked players would use it to keep there points from privates.
Cook LewisJB3

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:16 am

CBlake wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Still not a fan of it, one more way to abuse the system and encourage people to create more multiple accounts. :)

--Andy

thats why we have multi hunters :wink:

and if you are really that dumb to cheat on an online risk site u must not have a life

I know its sad if you have to cheat, but people still do it.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:42 pm

But why not make it availible only to "members in good standing" (aka generals) and only after a request has been made to and had been aproved by admins? It could be like weekly or monthly events. And it would give us low-ranks an opportunity to watch generals fighting (and being demoted :twisted: ) . IMO there would be a lot of interess for watching these type of matches, if they are properly anounced in the Callouts

Postby max is gr8 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:12 am

I think no.
That is all I need to say.
It could be easily abused the only time I could think of a use for it is during tournaments. And tounaments are not important enough to have settings made just for them
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Point-Ante Games *rejected*

Postby Mitch.Bina on Wed May 02, 2007 7:04 pm

Suggestion Idea:

Creating a game would have an option to ante a specific amount of points to play. Every player wanting to play would have to ante the specified amount of points. The winner of the Game-type wins the points. All game types could use this option.

Specifics:

In a terminator game when you eliminate a player you get that players ante. Team games split the ante among the winning Team, and all other games the winner gets all the anted points. There probably should be ante groups. For example you can ante in 5-point increments starting with 10.

Why it is needed:

Because there is fear of losing large amounts of points to lower point players specifically for high point players which causes "I Think" a large segregation of (Point Have-Have Not’s also known as rank) specific games.

Comments:
I am not saying we do away with the current point system as it exists I am just proposing a user selected way of distributing game points. So players wanting to play by the current point formula can, and those with a flat rate formula can.
Lieutenant Mitch.Bina

Postby pancakemix on Wed May 02, 2007 7:05 pm

Already been suggested.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Mitch.Bina on Wed May 02, 2007 7:06 pm

aahhh and what was the outcome?
Lieutenant Mitch.Bina

Postby hecter on Wed May 02, 2007 7:08 pm

Well, I imagine it was put on the To Do list…
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Mitch.Bina on Wed May 02, 2007 7:09 pm

hhhmm i just read the to-do list and didnt see any ante point system otherwise i wouldnt have posted
Lieutenant Mitch.Bina

Postby hecter on Wed May 02, 2007 7:14 pm

Ya… They really need to update it…
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Ante

Postby Keredrex on Wed May 02, 2007 8:51 pm

I Agree... It could make a gambling option to the games...

i would love to make a game and play for 20 or even 100 points flat....
it could help you manage your rank progression....

Make a poll
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions