Conquer Club

CC News Interview -- t-o-m [Closed]

Old issues and old threads regarding various newsletter things.

Moderator: Community Team

CC News Interview -- t-o-m [Closed]

Postby samuelc812 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:43 am

Hey there,

Well you asked for it so here it is, an interview with the forum banned t-o-m. Don't be surprised if this interview gets cancelled but let's see how we go. Post the questions you'd like to see answered and t-o-m will answer them (if this interview goes ahead) in the 18th issue of the Newsletter ;)

Cheers,
samuelc812
Captain samuelc812

Re: CC News Interview -- t-o-m

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:52 am

do u honestly felt that your ban was deserved?
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:02 am

samuelc812 wrote:Don't be surprised if this interview gets cancelled but let's see how we go

why would you say that? you do realize you just put a slant to this without anyone even posting yet, right?
that is really unfair to t-o-m and to people that are going to pose questions to him. wow...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby samuelc812 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:14 am

owenshooter wrote:
samuelc812 wrote:Don't be surprised if this interview gets cancelled but let's see how we go

why would you say that? you do realize you just put a slant to this without anyone even posting yet, right?
that is really unfair to t-o-m and to people that are going to pose questions to him. wow...-0

All i mean is if this thread get's out of hand, then i won't hesitate in cancelling it, in other words off-topic posts etc. Just keep this thread for questions for t-o-m's interview and it won't be cancelled.

samuelc812
Captain samuelc812

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:15 am

Just to clarify as I would likely be the one who "decided" to cancel said interview. It won't be canceled, at least not from my end. I think t-o-m is a very interesting guy and would love to see an interview with him involved.

Carry on as far as I'm concerned.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby targetman377 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 am

so your interest say's you like cross dressing??? well what is your favorite dress?? ;)
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:46 pm

if your forum ban was removed, do you think you would join right back in with the CC community, posting around the forums and maybe making a map or two? Or have you found a new place to spend your time?
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Timminz on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:48 pm

What is your opinion on the part of the community guidelines that will make it a breach of the rules for samuelc812 to post your responses to this interview?
Captain Timminz

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Timminz wrote:What is your opinion on the part of the community guidelines that will make it a breach of the rules for samuelc812 to post your responses to this interview?

I have declared it not a breach of the rules because it was not t-o-m's idea and the intent of the situation is one entirely different from that of a banned member having someone post on purpose for other activities.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Timminz on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:29 pm

And so it has been decreed.
Captain Timminz

Postby jbrettlip on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Timminz wrote:What is your opinion on the part of the community guidelines that will make it a breach of the rules for samuelc812 to post your responses to this interview?

I have declared it not a breach of the rules because it was not t-o-m's idea and the intent of the situation is one entirely different from that of a banned member having someone post on purpose for other activities.

So if I solicit some opinions from DM and then post them, I won't be in violation of the rules? Good to know!

In on topic news, I was wondering if your clan "guests" is interested in being in the Clan League. And why the dashes between the letters of your name?
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:02 pm

jbrettlip wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

So if I solicit some opinions from DM and then post them, I won't be in violation of the rules? Good to know!

Nope, not necessarily. ;) This is a proper interview, randomly posting stuff... not so much.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby captainwalrus on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:10 pm

If you were allowed to keep making maps, what would be some that you would want to do?
~ CaptainWalrus
Private 1st Class captainwalrus

Postby Timminz on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:07 pm

If you had the authority to decide when, and how the rules of CC were enforced, do you think you would side more often with the letter, or the spirit?
Captain Timminz

Postby nagerous on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:

But he wasn't allowed to add graphics to a map?
Captain nagerous

Postby jbrettlip on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:39 pm

What constitutes a proper interview? I think this might be the reason people get so worked up around here about rules and their enforcement. To interview a player in the FORUM who is FORUM banned, just makes about zero sense. Until you add the caveat "its Conquer Club" and then it makes PERFECT sense. If a player was SOOOOOO disruptive to need a permaban, WHY interview them????

t-o-m, what is your favorite pizza topping?
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:16 pm

I'm not familiar with the situation that caused t-o-m's ban, but I think the following questions would be interesting to hear answered:

Are you sorry for your action that caused your ban? Do you think that they were wrong?

Would you apologize if it meant a chance to participate in the CC community in the future?
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby Kotaro on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Nope, not necessarily. ;) This is a proper interview, randomly posting stuff... not so much.

Rules only bent for Admin's personal gain. Noted.

If you could kick any of the 4 admins in the nuts hard enough to knock their nuts into the back of their throats, whom would it be?
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby jbrettlip on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Kotaro wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:Nope, not necessarily. ;) This is a proper interview, randomly posting stuff... not so much.

If you could kick any of the 4 admins in the nuts hard enough to knock their nuts into the back of their throats, whom would it be?

Best post I have ever read of yours, Kot.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby gcwca_4_life on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:36 pm

jbrettlip wrote:
Kotaro wrote:

Best post I have ever read of yours, Kot.

I would have to agree.

And to add to this, in what order? ;) :twisted:
tdans wrote:lets rock this joint :D... or.. lets have them Blow this,,,,,, joint

I'm the insane guy, that you never wanna meet... See the end of my blade? It's sharp. hehe
Lieutenant gcwca_4_life

Postby e_i_pi on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Do you feel a sense of camaraderie with fellow ban-recipients? If so, is this sub-culture the better half of CCs wider community in your opinion?
Captain e_i_pi

Postby owenshooter on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:46 pm

now that the guidelines have changed and perma-bans have been reduced to 6 month bans, do you feel your case should be reviewed? how do you feel about andy stating it would take far too much time to look back at the cases of the less than 12 members that have received perma-bans from the forums for their posting? thank you.-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby squishyg on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:08 pm

do you feel that members who have made significant contributions to the community deserve different consideration when it comes to punishment than those who have not made their presence known as much? if so, what would the difference be and how would active members be distinguished from passive users?
Captain squishyg

Postby Skittles! on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:14 am

Anddd, to shift from the norm.

When did you lose your virginity?
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby RjBeals on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:22 am

what do you do now with all your free time (besides the pile of awsome thing). ?
Private RjBeals

Next

Return to Newsletter Archives